Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what do my powers do

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 10, 2012
hi i am a witchdoctor on pirates101 AND I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY POWERS
i was wondering what 1. my new buff power does and what haste does for someone and how it affects them.
Another thing ii was wondering was that " what does lucky " do for you (not the dog [the power])" like i have some luck but what good is it to me.

So those are my questions and if you don't understand one please tell me and i would rephrase that one for you.

Ensign
Jun 10, 2012
I am a witchdoctor on pirate101 and i was wondering some questions about the game and my powers.
My first question is: What does my new BUFF power do and how does it affect people.
My second question is: What does lucky do? (not the dog [the power])?
My third question: what does the power HASTE do for me or other characters and how does it affect them?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Witchdoctor buffs the JuJu skill sets(the chicken buff) gives a % bonus of the stat that the effected uses the most.

So if you cast it on yourself,bonnie anne and old scratch you would get boosted will,old scratch would get boosted will and bonnie anne would get boosted agility. Will for witchdoctors and agility for the musk since these are the primary stat used by each.

Haste works like this say your char can only move 6 squares when moving around the battleboard (in battle) with hasted on the same char you can now move say 7 or 8 squares instead of the 6 squares.(haste is either +1 or +2 to movement) It allows you to move further while in battle in simple term. Best used on melee classes imo since as range you don't really need to move around.

Lucky is a boost to your resist stat. Resist is like armor for witchdoctors the differ is that armor is a defense against physical damage(melee) and resist is defense against magic damage(almost all range is magic damage a few musk weapons still do physical damage but not many).

While i don't agree with some on using armor on your witchdoctor since with the right talents and powers you can stay clear of most physical(melee)damage.It is up to you on wanting to train in light armor to use armor stat.

This will ofc lower your resist since most light armor doesn't come with alot of resist vs pure witchdoctor cloths.

I prefer to use valor skills to make up for no armor while sticking to high resist gear since it also gives high will which is our primary stat.

Any other questions and i'll be glad to try and answer them.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)
KI's forum thorn

Ensign
Jun 10, 2012
First Mate
May 01, 2012
In my experience, the Juju spell affects the stat of the weapon type that you have equipped. For example, if my Witchdoctor equips a Shooty weapon which gives a bonus for Agility, Juju increase his Agility not his Will.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
In my experience, the Juju spell affects the stat of the weapon type that you have equipped. For example, if my Witchdoctor equips a Shooty weapon which gives a bonus for Agility, Juju increase his Agility not his Will.
still wouldn't matter if that was true.

Witchdoctors work best using weapons that are boosted by will since this is their primary skill there for JuJu would boost will giving witchdoctors a bigger damage boost then if they was to use something that only works off a secondary stat.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
still wouldn't matter if that was true.

Witchdoctors work best using weapons that are boosted by will since this is their primary skill there for JuJu would boost will giving witchdoctors a bigger damage boost then if they was to use something that only works off a secondary stat.
But this IS true. I was in a fight with a Witchdoctor who used their Juju spell and they had a sword equipped instead of a staff. Above their name it said "Increased Strength". It did this for several fights.

I had even asked around (Twitter, P101C) why this was since I thought the same as you: Witchdoctor's spells are based on Will ergo their buff would increase their Will.

~SM~

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
MistyTiger437 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
hi i am a witchdoctor on pirates101 AND I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY POWERS
i was wondering what 1. my new buff power does and what haste does for someone and how it affects them.
Another thing ii was wondering was that " what does lucky " do for you (not the dog [the power])" like i have some luck but what good is it to me.

So those are my questions and if you don't understand one please tell me and i would rephrase that one for you.
I am just expounding on some of the things CaptainBlackBart said:

"Haste works like this say your char can only move 6 squares when moving around the battleboard (in battle) with hasted on the same char you can now move say 7 or 8 squares instead of the 6 squares.(haste is either +1 or +2 to movement) It allows you to move further while in battle in simple term. Best used on melee classes imo since as range you don't really need to move around."

A Witchdoctor will get three forms of Powers that will grant "Haste". The first is Vulture's Gift which gives an ally +2 steps for 5 turns.

The second one is Crow's Song which grants +2 steps PLUS a bonus talents attack for 10 turns. This means that if you use this card on a melee unit (Swashbuckler, Buccaneer, or Privateer) then in addition to their own talent abilities, it will grant them an extra one: First Strike. If used on a Musketeer they will get Quick Draw. If used on a Witchdoctor (Old Scratch & Mormo) they get nothing but the +2 steps from Haste.

The third one, Raven's Cry, also gives +2 steps for 10 turns PLUS x2 bonus attack talents. This gives a melee ally Riposte & First Strike. A Musketeer will get Quick Draw & Return Fire. A Witchdoctor ally (Old Scratch) does not get anything besides the +2 Haste steps. However, I tested it out on my own WD and her talents varied depending on what weapon she used. With a Shooty weapon she got Quick Draw/Return Fire. With the Slashy/Staffy hybrid she got First Strike/Riposte. Using a strictly Staffy only weapon she got nothing but the Haste +2 steps.

So by my guesstimation, the talents you get from this Power card are based on the type of weapon that is being used. Hence Shooty weapons will get the Return Fire/Quick Draw combo, Slashy/Stabby/Smashy weapons get First Strike/Riposte combo and Staffy weapons do not get any extra talents.

~SM~

Ensign
Jun 10, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
Witchdoctor buffs the JuJu skill sets(the chicken buff) gives a % bonus of the stat that the effected uses the most.

So if you cast it on yourself,bonnie anne and old scratch you would get boosted will,old scratch would get boosted will and bonnie anne would get boosted agility. Will for witchdoctors and agility for the musk since these are the primary stat used by each.

Haste works like this say your char can only move 6 squares when moving around the battleboard (in battle) with hasted on the same char you can now move say 7 or 8 squares instead of the 6 squares.(haste is either +1 or +2 to movement) It allows you to move further while in battle in simple term. Best used on melee classes imo since as range you don't really need to move around.

Lucky is a boost to your resist stat. Resist is like armor for witchdoctors the differ is that armor is a defense against physical damage(melee) and resist is defense against magic damage(almost all range is magic damage a few musk weapons still do physical damage but not many).

While i don't agree with some on using armor on your witchdoctor since with the right talents and powers you can stay clear of most physical(melee)damage.It is up to you on wanting to train in light armor to use armor stat.

This will ofc lower your resist since most light armor doesn't come with alot of resist vs pure witchdoctor cloths.

I prefer to use valor skills to make up for no armor while sticking to high resist gear since it also gives high will which is our primary stat.

Any other questions and i'll be glad to try and answer them.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)
KI's forum thorn
Thank you so much Capt. B.B. You have No idea how many people I have asked to explain to me what haste did and I had made a guess at how the famous chickens worked and I wasn't even close. I thought it was a random think what buffs we got and the fact that I saw three had me incorrectly guessing that we had all received three different buffs. Wow, once I got over my embarrassment of having it all wrong I feel So much better now that I finally know what is going on . An educated player is a better player and I thank you for helping me do just that. x Hands a cold yum x

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Thank you so much Capt. B.B. You have No idea how many people I have asked to explain to me what haste did and I had made a guess at how the famous chickens worked and I wasn't even close. I thought it was a random think what buffs we got and the fact that I saw three had me incorrectly guessing that we had all received three different buffs. Wow, once I got over my embarrassment of having it all wrong I feel So much better now that I finally know what is going on . An educated player is a better player and I thank you for helping me do just that. x Hands a cold yum x
your very welcome.

I always try to help fellow witchdoctors even in game.

As for the JuJu thing SorceressMiklai i have never used another weapon besides will weapons so i always figured it boosted the primary stat.

Since this comment is true then this really makes me wonder why a witchdoctor would use any weapon that doesn't get boosted by will. There are some skills that work on will like the reaver and blade set and now that we have mojo echo it makes more sense to stick to will sense juju works by buffing the stat the weapon uses

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Just wanted to mention that after doing all the testing with the "Vulture's Gift", "Crow's Song", and "Raven's Cry" so I could accurately reply, I tested out the JuJu.

My Witchdoctor bought a Smashy/Shooty weapon that gave a bonus from: Agility in the stats of the weapon. The hybrid Staffy/Shooty, Staffy/Smashy, Staffy/Stabby weapons all gave bonus from: Will in the stats.

When she cast Great JuJu while equipped with the Pyrrhic Set (Smashy/Shooty mentioned above), it said she increased Agility-not Will. Which does mean that this IS based on the weapon you are using and NOT the Pirate Class or Power Cards like I had formerly thought.

When she equipped her:

Paleontologist's Set (Slashy/Staffy) with bonus from: Will

Sorcar's Set (Shooty/Staffy) with bonus from: Will
Shiva's Lathi (Smashy/Staffy) with bonus from: Will
Orientalist's Set (Stabby/Staffy) with bonus from: Will
Mojo Staff (Smashy/Staffy) with bonus from: Will

She was granted Increased Will. Because that is what the bonus is FROM.

Check it out for yourself

~SM~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
That is really great to know Maliki, it is totally clear now. Thank you so much for all your research. x Hands a cold yum x