Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buccaneer Buff?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
I just feel like they are the worst class at the moment. They don't dish out as much damage as I first thought when starting Pirate101, I feel that their armor doesn't do anything since I stack armor and still die fairly fast compared to some of my companions that are different classes but same level (as well as other players that are different classes and same level, some even lower.). Correct me on this, but Buccaneers have the least amount of companions compared to other classes through quests and story.
I was wondering if Buccaneers could get a damage boost or make armor worth stacking, as well as being able to get as many companions as other classes?

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Mobex on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
I just feel like they are the worst class at the moment. They don't dish out as much damage as I first thought when starting Pirate101, I feel that their armor doesn't do anything since I stack armor and still die fairly fast compared to some of my companions that are different classes but same level (as well as other players that are different classes and same level, some even lower.). Correct me on this, but Buccaneers have the least amount of companions compared to other classes through quests and story.
I was wondering if Buccaneers could get a damage boost or make armor worth stacking, as well as being able to get as many companions as other classes?
To dish it out its about your gear and having all the swash talents in your bag you can train with points. I have no issues with doing damage, though for me its all situation i have gear to take hits, do hits, buff, heal etc. My normal gear is all attacks +3 critical hit, Mojo blade, +3 a/s strike with bleed etc. damage rating on my character goes up to 600 I have done 2700-2740 in one turn while hidden pulled a mega 3x card out + bleeding this was on rooke. Common to see 1000-1500 damage moves without being hidden. Now also there are two items that can give you first strike talent a token type slot and metals blade :-)

On your being killed part - if you use your aura's you wont be taken down by gun/bow/melee ever If i am going to me toe to toe i stack at least 2 -50%'s on me then i run into the field otherwise i will be looking for a heal real quick LOL. friar sands items is great to stack for ranged attacks non magical there are more that stack. I have no issues with the buck class and we do get some good companions! kobe, bonnie, eltoro, eagle swashbuckler etc.

Also keep in mind i am talking about damage at level 65 - its not clear what level you are at it was always a struggle until i began farming power card giving gear then the game difficulty decreased a ton!

Cheers,

Captain
May 13, 2011
if you use the right buffs you can be near invincible. shortly after the major update i did the moo Manchurian candidate quest. at one part i used leviathans call and the enemies were only hitting me about 30 damage each (single) hit and also hit around 300 with a standard attack on them (i was in the early lvl 50s)