Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Emma and Luke were apprised of the plan, and were comfortably seated and starting to enjoy a sip of tea and a bite of a sweet when the Lizzies -- still necessarily under guard by Mormo -- entered the captain's quarters. "Please, sit down," Charlotte said courteously, leading the girls to their respective seats. A plate and a cup of tea had been thoughtfully placed by each girl's seat, a mirror to those being enjoyed by the other captains.

Charlotte passed a hand wearily through her short cut black hair. "You both have answered the questions we have put to you exactly the same, so it is Captain Moore's decision that no more questioning should take place tonight. I agree. Which ever of you is the real Lizzie needs food and rest." Charlotte measured her words carefully, trying to be sure to give no more information than she was sure the duplicate, the evil fetch, already knew. "Those who know the real Lizzie will probably be able to discern the difference. For that, I fear we may have to return to Sivella, but I do not know how we will get there without the notice of the Armada. It was blind luck that we managed to do so in the first place, a few days ago," Charlotte lied, confident that Elizabeth had not known how they got to Sivella. "Any advice on how to sneak in will be much appreciated."

Then she smiled. "But that is a matter for tomorrow. Tonight we celebrate! We are alive! We have escaped the Armada!" Charlotte sat in her seat, taking a sip of sweet pomegranate tea herself, waiting for the entrance of Kiera and Scarlet. The girl she named 'Lizzie 1' was on the right; 'Lizzie 2' on the left.
Keira silently entered and took her seat. "Scarlet will be joining us shortly," She stated politely. "Miss Charlotte, could I request some entertainment, please?" The Witchdoctor winked at Charlotte as she took her seat and a sip of the especially sweet and slightly sour pomegranate tea, yet the contrast was perfect and provided a delightful taste. Keira smiled at Charlotte.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy 1 paled sharply, if that was at all possible for the poor girl's current skin tone. She would hate to go back to Sivella, especially because Maria didn't know very much what she was like. Other than her, she had no friends in Sivella, therefore it would be useless to go back. They might get captured again.
Lizzy 2, however, only heard good news. They may be going back close enough to her original camp, making the whole plan easier, and along with getting the personal weak spots of the crew, the armada could get the crew itself.
Both Lizzies noticed something was going on. They didn't quite know what it was, but they knew something was up.
Lizzy 1 sipped some of the tea. She didn't mean to be rude, so she quietly spit it back into the cup and forced a smile. She wasn't really a tea person, so that didn't go over smoothly for her. She blushed, hoping no one noticed, and stuck to water for the rest of the night.
Lizzy 2 observed all of the group closely, especially Luke. She could tell immediately that he was a troublemaker and could potentially foil the plan. Clockwork Lizzy kept her eye on him from then on, asking him questions about his personality, and what his life was like in the past. Although Clockwork Lizzy could tell Luke was very powerful, power comes with flaws, and he had more than enough to share.

Both Lizzies glared harshly at each other, then resumed what they were doing.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Keira silently entered and took her seat. "Scarlet will be joining us shortly," She stated politely. "Miss Charlotte, could I request some entertainment, please?" The Witchdoctor winked at Charlotte as she took her seat and a sip of the especially sweet and slightly sour pomegranate tea, yet the contrast was perfect and provided a delightful taste. Keira smiled at Charlotte.
(OOC: what Charlotte is doing is not at all odd for captains and officers at sea. But I would have never guessed that I would be paying homage to the brilliant Italian Renaissance composer Luca Marenzio and describing a character playing the viola da gamba (viol, for short) - in a Game! This is so cool! For me, anyway)

Charlotte smiled easily. "I'd be happy to, Captain Moone. It's nice to be able to play again." She picked up her viola da gamba from its resting place, and placed it between her knees, adjusting tuning again. She smiled at Scarlet as the other girl came into the cabin. So this 'student' was really a pirate captain, Charlotte thought. Very clever. Glad she is on our side.

Charlotte began to play. First came a light-hearted love song, 'O Rosetta', about a charming girl a shy boy longed to meet. Then she shifted the mood as she began to play and sing a song of deeper intensity:
O happy plants, herbs and white flowers,
Snow-white lilies and pale violets,
Tell me where my fair sun has gone...

On the surface, this was another love song. But like all good poetry, it had deeper layers of meaning. And no one who had been taken by the cruel Armada and imprisoned in the dark could fail to feel again the longing for light and life, striving amidst hopelessness and despair. The poetry was all the more intense having been set to music by one of Valencia's finest composers. Charlotte was not an expert musician, but she knew this piece well, and poured herself fully into the song- heart, mind, and fingers- drawing out a deep magic that was unlike that of witchdoctor or wizard alike. The rich depth of the strings of the viol had a reedy edge that added an unexpected brightness to the tone. The bow danced over the strings, sometimes in counterpoint to Charlotte's sweet mezzo-soprano, sometimes in such glorious unison that the singer and the viol seemed to have one voice.

The song was fairly short, but by the time Charlotte reached the fourth verse, the room seemed to vibrate with beauty and emotion:
Ah, the fresh breeze has departed from me
And left me without soul or life:
Oh, return, my fair sun, to give me life.

Her voice broke a little on that last word, 'life', so she let the viol finish out the note with a long controlled pull of the bow over the strings. The pure open chord faded slowly on the air. Charlotte blinked away her own tears of deep feeling, and came back to the present once again. Did it work? She looked up from the viola da gamba towards where the other captains were sitting...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Scarlet was the last pirate to walk into the cabin, she had decided that it time she started portraying the absent minded scholar for the sake of the two Lizzies. "Je suis desole, Keira' ship is so large I actually got lost" Scarlet said apologetically as she entered. Scarlet accepted a stein of yum from Keira and made her way over to a seat on the outside of the group where she could see both Lizzies easily. Unfortunatly as Scarlet was passing Luke, she tripped on his chair and spilt her Yum on him.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: what Charlotte is doing is not at all odd for captains and officers at sea. But I would have never guessed that I would be paying homage to the brilliant Italian Renaissance composer Luca Marenzio and describing a character playing the viola da gamba (viol, for short) - in a Game! This is so cool! For me, anyway)

Charlotte smiled easily. "I'd be happy to, Captain Moone. It's nice to be able to play again." She picked up her viola da gamba from its resting place, and placed it between her knees, adjusting tuning again. She smiled at Scarlet as the other girl came into the cabin. So this 'student' was really a pirate captain, Charlotte thought. Very clever. Glad she is on our side.

Charlotte began to play. First came a light-hearted love song, 'O Rosetta', about a charming girl a shy boy longed to meet. Then she shifted the mood as she began to play and sing a song of deeper intensity:

On the surface, this was another love song. But like all good poetry, it had deeper layers of meaning. And no one who had been taken by the cruel Armada and imprisoned in the dark could fail to feel again the longing for light and life, striving amidst hopelessness and despair. The poetry was all the more intense having been set to music by one of Valencia's finest composers. Charlotte was not an expert musician, but she knew this piece well, and poured herself fully into the song- heart, mind, and fingers- drawing out a deep magic that was unlike that of witchdoctor or wizard alike. The rich depth of the strings of the viol had a reedy edge that added an unexpected brightness to the tone. The bow danced over the strings, sometimes in counterpoint to Charlotte's sweet mezzo-soprano, sometimes in such glorious unison that the singer and the viol seemed to have one voice.

The song was fairly short, but by the time Charlotte reached the fourth verse, the room seemed to vibrate with beauty and emotion:

Her voice broke a little on that last word, 'life', so she let the viol finish out the note with a long controlled pull of the bow over the strings. The pure open chord faded slowly on the air. Charlotte blinked away her own tears of deep feeling, and came back to the present once again. Did it work? She looked up from the viola da gamba towards where the other captains were sitting...
Keira had never heard such pretty music. She was smiling the entire way through. "That was beautiful, Charlotte." She applauded the Privateer and smiled warmly at her. "That really was amazing, your musical dexterity was flawless." Keira complimented.

Emma too looked impressed. "That actually was amazing."

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Captain
Mar 09, 2011

Anne... that was beautiful... I am amazed! I play rhythm, not melody, but I thought that that was incredible! I could hear the music, and my jaw dropped as I was reading it. I'm a drummer that can't read music -- that doesn't mean that I don't know a piece of art when I 'hear' one. Wow. What else can I say about how awesome that was? You are a mastermind! You truly amazed me, more than Rick Roirdan, more than JK Rowling, more than Ridley Pearson, more than Robert Frost (although you two come very close), and many others. I will always remember this post. XD

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:

Anne... that was beautiful... I am amazed! I play rhythm, not melody, but I thought that that was incredible! I could hear the music, and my jaw dropped as I was reading it. I'm a drummer that can't read music -- that doesn't mean that I don't know a piece of art when I 'hear' one. Wow. What else can I say about how awesome that was? You are a mastermind! You truly amazed me, more than Rick Roirdan, more than JK Rowling, more than Ridley Pearson, more than Robert Frost (although you two come very close), and many others. I will always remember this post. XD
(OOC: Thank you so much, Elizabeth, I am so happy you liked it. I did think about it a lot before I wrote. I wanted so very much to express the beauty and joy I feel about early music and its performance, mixed in with the feelings I felt in Charlotte... when at the end of my writing, she was blinking tears from her eyes, so was I. It makes me very happy that you could feel it too! Though of course I do not compare to the writers you mention, who know their craft as I do not. Still, I am flattered.

And, 'zuto', we are probably near the end of this story -though in these roleplays, you never know-, but come join anyway. You could have been one of the pirate captains on the rescue mission, as I always assumed there was more than Kiera, Mormo, and Charlotte)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

(OOC:That was really well written Anne, I'm very sorry to say that Scarlet pretended to sleep through it all).

As Charlotte finished her second song Scarlet started awake in her chair. Although she hadn't really been sleeping she had in fact kept a close eye, and perhaps a closer ear on the two Lizzies for the duration of Charlotte's performance. Unfortunatly, she wasn't too sure yet if she could tell a difference between the Lizzies.

"Tres bien Charlotte, That was very beautiful, I'm very sorry I slept through much of it." Scarlet said as she pretended to wake up. "Can I make a request for something a little lively, I have a favourite old song from Ablion that I think is perfect for a group of female pirates, it's Maid on the Shore? If you know it of course, I can accompany you if you like."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
(OOC:That was really well written Anne, I'm very sorry to say that Scarlet pretended to sleep through it all).

As Charlotte finished her second song Scarlet started awake in her chair. Although she hadn't really been sleeping she had in fact kept a close eye, and perhaps a closer ear on the two Lizzies for the duration of Charlotte's performance. Unfortunatly, she wasn't too sure yet if she could tell a difference between the Lizzies.

"Tres bien Charlotte, That was very beautiful, I'm very sorry I slept through much of it." Scarlet said as she pretended to wake up. "Can I make a request for something a little lively, I have a favourite old song from Ablion that I think is perfect for a group of female pirates, it's Maid on the Shore? If you know it of course, I can accompany you if you like."
"Sounds good to me!" Emma exclaimed. Having lived in Marleybone for a while, she found the music there quite pretty. She smiled at Charlotte.

Keira watched the Lizzies indirectly. She took a sip of pomegranate tea to distract her sight from directly glaring at the duo. "Yes, I believe some Albionian music would liven it up a little bit."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:

(OOC: I'm making a guess at the Lizzies' reactions; we'll see though how Elizabeth plays it out. I have to do a post now though, because Scarlet's post led me to a rather ironic realization. And thanks, Scarlet, I had to look up some Child ballads to do your post justice , which I enjoyed)

Lifting her head up and glancing at both Lizzies in turn, Charlotte felt a jolt of triumph. She was sure she knew which was the true girl. But she let her glance pass casually away, concealing her feelings, made all the easier by Scarlet's conversational question. Charlotte smiled at Scarlet.

"The Maid on the Shore... oh, yes, that's a fairly new one in my repertory. Bonnie Anne taught it to me. Let me take a moment to recall the words." Charlotte began to tentatively play out the lilting tune, running the verses through her head... and nearly choked. The song was indeed an excellent one for the gathering of a group that consisted of mostly women skyfarers, as it involved a young woman tricking a villainous captain who meant her harm, and in the end she is perfectly safe and possessed of his gold and treasure. But, she accomplishes her own rescue by the deception of singing. This was not an idea Charlotte wanted to put into the head of the Armada spy.

Charlotte broke off her initial playing with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I just can't remember that one very well. But it does put me in mind of another song about a maiden, this one 'The Maid Freed from the Gallows'. Charlotte did not dare give Scarlet a warning look, but hoped her subtle change would be a hint.
O Good Lord Judge, O sweet Lord Judge
Peace for a little while!
Methinks I see my own father,
Come riding by the stile.

Justice that can be bought - that would be 'justice' the Armada can understand, Charlotte thought bitterly, though her face showed nothing of her thoughts, just enjoyment of the popular ballad in which the condemned maid's father, mother, brother, and sister in turn refuse to give up any of their gold to the corrupt judge to save her from execution. The song ends happily though, when her sweetheart rides up:
Yes, my gold you now shall have,
And likewise of my fee;
For I have come to see you saved,
And saved you shall be.

After the song, Charlotte withdrew the viol from her lap. "But it has been a long day, and I am sure Lizzie is weary." She looked towards the two Lizzies. "I am afraid that you must be kept in the brig, in separate sections, for security, until we can test you both tomorrow," Charlotte glanced towards Kiera for confirmation of her words. "But we will make you both as comfortable as we can." She needed to talk to Kiera privately. But how to do that without raising the suspicions of the spy?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: I'm making a guess at the Lizzies' reactions; we'll see though how Elizabeth plays it out. I have to do a post now though, because Scarlet's post led me to a rather ironic realization. And thanks, Scarlet, I had to look up some Child ballads to do your post justice , which I enjoyed)

Lifting her head up and glancing at both Lizzies in turn, Charlotte felt a jolt of triumph. She was sure she knew which was the true girl. But she let her glance pass casually away, concealing her feelings, made all the easier by Scarlet's conversational question. Charlotte smiled at Scarlet.

"The Maid on the Shore... oh, yes, that's a fairly new one in my repertory. Bonnie Anne taught it to me. Let me take a moment to recall the words." Charlotte began to tentatively play out the lilting tune, running the verses through her head... and nearly choked. The song was indeed an excellent one for the gathering of a group that consisted of mostly women skyfarers, as it involved a young woman tricking a villainous captain who meant her harm, and in the end she is perfectly safe and possessed of his gold and treasure. But, she accomplishes her own rescue by the deception of singing. This was not an idea Charlotte wanted to put into the head of the Armada spy.

Charlotte broke off her initial playing with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I just can't remember that one very well. But it does put me in mind of another song about a maiden, this one 'The Maid Freed from the Gallows'. Charlotte did not dare give Scarlet a warning look, but hoped her subtle change would be a hint.
O Good Lord Judge, O sweet Lord Judge
Peace for a little while!
Methinks I see my own father,
Come riding by the stile.

Justice that can be bought - that would be 'justice' the Armada can understand, Charlotte thought bitterly, though her face showed nothing of her thoughts, just enjoyment of the popular ballad in which the condemned maid's father, mother, brother, and sister in turn refuse to give up any of their gold to the corrupt judge to save her from execution. The song ends happily though, when her sweetheart rides up:
Yes, my gold you now shall have,
And likewise of my fee;
For I have come to see you saved,
And saved you shall be.

After the song, Charlotte withdrew the viol from her lap. "But it has been a long day, and I am sure Lizzie is weary." She looked towards the two Lizzies. "I am afraid that you must be kept in the brig, in separate sections, for security, until we can test you both tomorrow," Charlotte glanced towards Kiera for confirmation of her words. "But we will make you both as comfortable as we can." She needed to talk to Kiera privately. But how to do that without raising the suspicions of the spy?
"Very sorry, Lizzy, whichever of you is the real one. Mormo, Kan, escort them to the brig please." Keira ordered her companions. Both the water mole and the goat master quickly did as they were told. "Anyways, Charlotte, the melody you played was lovely. I'm not a bad musician myself. Ever tried a sonata on the piano?" She asked quickly.

Emma shrugged. "Only kind of music I'm good with is the acoustic guitar or a violin." She shrugged before walking off. "Can I go downstairs and sleep? It appears to be getting late."

"Go ahead, Emma. You know where to go. The hall left to my captain's quarters leads into the crew's quarters, and there are four extra rooms there currently." Keira instructed. The blonde nodded and headed to the lower deck.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Charlotte paled, but because her skin was dark, the emotion was hidden except for a passing blue-ish tinge to her lips. Mormo and Kan Po were terrific fighters, but the Armada spy was extremely dangerous. "With your permission, Captain Moone, I will accompany your crew to the brig," Charlotte responded, getting to her feet.

Charlotte tried to give a meaningful look to the others, hoping that others would come to assist in the guarding as well, reluctant to speak in the hearing of the spy. And she was sure she knew which one it was, oh yes. She had seen that brief look of calculation in the one before the expression had been quickly masked. Charlotte repressed a shiver. Now that she knew, her spirit shrank from the necessary task of friendly pretense so that the evil one could be locked away before she realized the game was up. She also wanted very much to bring the real Lizzie to a comfortable bunk and the realization that her ordeal was over. But that had to wait. The spy must be firmly imprisoned first.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Charlotte paled, but because her skin was dark, the emotion was hidden except for a passing blue-ish tinge to her lips. Mormo and Kan Po were terrific fighters, but the Armada spy was extremely dangerous. "With your permission, Captain Moone, I will accompany your crew to the brig," Charlotte responded, getting to her feet.

Charlotte tried to give a meaningful look to the others, hoping that others would come to assist in the guarding as well, reluctant to speak in the hearing of the spy. And she was sure she knew which one it was, oh yes. She had seen that brief look of calculation in the one before the expression had been quickly masked. Charlotte repressed a shiver. Now that she knew, her spirit shrank from the necessary task of friendly pretense so that the evil one could be locked away before she realized the game was up. She also wanted very much to bring the real Lizzie to a comfortable bunk and the realization that her ordeal was over. But that had to wait. The spy must be firmly imprisoned first.
OOC: Sorry, everyone, I've been busy lately and too distracted to reply. Now I will participate again.
When the two Lizzies were taken away, Matthew already knew which one was fake. Matthew was prone to use logic to solve problems, not his fists, which led him to the same realization Charlotte had. He was totally certain which Lizzy was real.
~(Squiggly line... of contemplation!)
Matthew didn't get any sleep. He was too busy contemplating what would happen once the spy was ousted the next day. Obviously, a fight would ensue; the outcome: impossible to determine. If the copy really had no flaws, which he doubted, the showdown could end badly. But if there was a flaw, then it might be over soon. There was no way to tell.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CyberMaster12 on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Sorry, everyone, I've been busy lately and too distracted to reply. Now I will participate again.
When the two Lizzies were taken away, Matthew already knew which one was fake. Matthew was prone to use logic to solve problems, not his fists, which led him to the same realization Charlotte had. He was totally certain which Lizzy was real.
~(Squiggly line... of contemplation!)
Matthew didn't get any sleep. He was too busy contemplating what would happen once the spy was ousted the next day. Obviously, a fight would ensue; the outcome: impossible to determine. If the copy really had no flaws, which he doubted, the showdown could end badly. But if there was a flaw, then it might be over soon. There was no way to tell.
Lizzy (the real one) laid down in the bed that Keira had provided her. She knew what the crew had done, and she knew that, at last, she was safe. Now if Clockwork Lizzy knew, that was a different case. Lizzy shivered as a severe migraine pulsed in her head, and she curled up into a cold ball and coughed. Lizzy desperately hoped that the fake didn't know that she was sick, but there was no way to tell for sure. She curled up into an even tighter ball, her head ducking near her stomach and her feet rubbing against each other, trying to warm up. Lizzy threw the blanket on herself and hoped for the best.
~
Clockwork Lizzy knew she knew that she had been discovered. She was currently pacing her room and rubbing her jaw in a contemplating manner, then she decided what she was going to do. She walked to the other side of her room near a copper-colored bowl, and she took off her top coat. She opened the hidden latch behind it and felt her way with her hands into the metal chamber, which held the food she had eaten and the water she drank. Clockwork Lizzy took out the water and poured it into the copper bowl, then she closed the latch, put her top coat back on, and spat into the bowl.
A rather familiar armada captain appeared like an hallucination in the bowl, his image waving with the water. "Progress report." he demanded.
"Yes sir." Said the copy. She took in a deep breath, preparing for the wrath of anger that would explode from her commanding officer. "I've been discovered." Clockwork Lizzy said.
"What?!?" The armada captain bellowed, the water in the bowl shaking from his rage. Clockwork Lizzy turned her head sharply to the door, preparing for any intruders to come down and see what the racket was. None came. "How could this happen? You look exactly like her! You have her memories! There are no differences!"
"There are, apparently." Clockwork Lizzy turned her attention back to the copper-colored bowl. She wished she hadn't, because the armada captain was truly shaking with rage, intimidating Clockwork Lizzy just through the bowl. Of course one of the flaws from the original that didn't go into the copy was fear, therefore she couldn't feel fear. But the armada captain was still making her a little anxious, which in a way overwrote her programming. "In her days in the prison, the original Elizabeth Tutor had lost a lot of her health. Now she's pale, her bones show through her clothes, she's smaller than usual, and her hair isn't quite as blonde anymore but rather almost white. I, on the other hand, am built from the original when she was healthy, therefore I look healthy. Maybe that's what they noticed?"
"All the same," said her commanding officer, there's still a chance they act like they know the difference but don't. Lay low until tomorrow afternoon, and see if they act."
"Yes sir."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

Scarlet decided to accompany Charlotte and help the crew lock the Lizzies away. As she was leaving the captain quarters, Scarlet whispered a quick message to Emma in passing, "Ask Kiera to put a warding spell on the cell doors in the brig."

From her time spent studying the clockworks in Sivella, Scarlet knew that all clockworks couldn't stand to be around any form of magic for too long. The warding spell shouldn't have any effect on the real Lizzie, as long as she didn't try to escape. But prolonged exposure to the magic should affect the clockwork Lizzie in some way.

(OOC:I know Anne's plan to use the music probably will work, but I also know that Elizabeth had posted that the clockwork Lizzie flinches when magic is used near her. Scarlet's secret plan is not meant to counter act what Anne has written, I only mean it as a second test to further differentiate the two Lizzies. A single test result is never enough in Scarlet's mind)

After both Lizzie's were locked away Scarlet volunteered to keep watch, and promptly sat down on a stool at the entrance to the ships brig.

(OOC again: Anne, Emma, and Elizabeth feel free to take over Scarlet in your posts if it will help to move the plot. I feel that you guys know Scarlet's personality well enough to get her reactions and decisions correct, as a hint, she will probably start pretending to sleep again soon.)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Scarlet decided to accompany Charlotte and help the crew lock the Lizzies away. As she was leaving the captain quarters, Scarlet whispered a quick message to Emma in passing, "Ask Kiera to put a warding spell on the cell doors in the brig."

From her time spent studying the clockworks in Sivella, Scarlet knew that all clockworks couldn't stand to be around any form of magic for too long. The warding spell shouldn't have any effect on the real Lizzie, as long as she didn't try to escape. But prolonged exposure to the magic should affect the clockwork Lizzie in some way.

(OOC:I know Anne's plan to use the music probably will work, but I also know that Elizabeth had posted that the clockwork Lizzie flinches when magic is used near her. Scarlet's secret plan is not meant to counter act what Anne has written, I only mean it as a second test to further differentiate the two Lizzies. A single test result is never enough in Scarlet's mind)

After both Lizzie's were locked away Scarlet volunteered to keep watch, and promptly sat down on a stool at the entrance to the ships brig.

(OOC again: Anne, Emma, and Elizabeth feel free to take over Scarlet in your posts if it will help to move the plot. I feel that you guys know Scarlet's personality well enough to get her reactions and decisions correct, as a hint, she will probably start pretending to sleep again soon.)
(OOC: Good idea. Always a good idea to have a backup plan, Scarlet. Or two, or three... I don't know if this is going to interfere with your plan? Probably not)

Charlotte waited. When she felt enough time had passed, she climbed back down to the brig. The Armada spy would understand that prisoners would be woken from their fitful sleep and taken away to be questioned. Charlotte knew quite well how the Armada treated their prisoners. That the other was taken away might reassure the spy. But the real reason was that the true Lizzie needed rest in a real bed (well, bunk anyway). She needed know her ordeal was over, and was possibly in need of medical care.

To Charlotte's mild surprise, she saw Kiera leaving. Charlotte walked over to Scarlet and raised an eyebrow.

"Warding spell," Scarlet answered the unspoken question laconically. Charlotte quickly called Kiera over and explained what she needed. Kiera gave her a 'look' and tossed her hair. "Nice if someone tells me the plan," she commented sardonically.

"I did, Kiera, remember?" Charlotte replied with amusement. Kiera had to think a moment; her attention as captain had been much in demand this evening, and she was very tired. "Oh, yes, now I remember." Then she frowned. "Are you sure you know which is the right one? I have a guess, myself, but an error here would be likely fatal."

Charlotte felt a tremor of unease, even though she was sure she knew which was the real girl. She nodded to Kiera. "Very well," Kiera replied. "I'll take off the ward and put it on again after you get Lizzie. But I'm going to ward your bunks too, just in case," Kiera added easily, inwardly groaning about the energy needed to do so. Fortunately, warding spell took little energy. It was only that she was so very tired.

In a moment, Charlotte entered the brig. It wasn't very dark, as a lantern on the wall remained lit for the comfort of the prisoners. The two had been confined in cells as far away as possible, but Charlotte was sure that the spy could hear her, and possibly see her. She pulled out her spark pistol, and unlocked the cell. "Questions," she said briefly and very coldly, though her heart ached to see Lizzie instinctively flinch in fear. Even so, the fear was quickly replaced by trust. "Come with me." She marched Lizzie out of the brig.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:

OOC: That's oddly funny, because I thought that Human Lizzy would have a restless sleep and decide to go above deck... but not anymore! Lol it's no prob yeah let's role with this, I think it's a good idea.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Lizzie welcomed the questions that would be asked of her. She desperately hoped to prove that the other was an Armada spy, but with all her knowledge and memories shared, how could she prove the difference. A wave of hopelessness enveloped her. She felt so sick and exhausted, that it seemed to take all her energy and concentration to climb out of the brig and walk a short way below decks with Charlotte. Thus Lizzie failed to notice that Charlotte had no weapon guarding her, and walked beside her with intent to support if needed.

Lizzie was surprised, however, to find herself not at the captain's quarters awaiting questioning, but rather at a screened off area below decks that had been given to Charlotte as temporary quarters. The lower bunk had blankets thoughtfully turned back, a clean linen nightgown folded on top. Beside the bed, a chest served as a crude table on which was set a pitcher of warm water, a washing bowl, and a cake of lavender-scented soap. She looked questioningly at Charlotte, bewildered at the unexpected luxuries of ordinary life.

Charlotte smiled very gently. "Welcome back, Elizabeth." She turned her face away for a moment as tears of relief and gratitude sprung into Elizabeth's eyes to give the other girl time to compose herself. "I am sorry that I could not tend to your hurts earlier. Right now, I am the closest thing to a medical officer on Kiera's ship. Let me tend to you, and then you can sleep." Frowning suddenly, she put her hand on Elizabeth's forehead. Though her skin was pale, Elizabeth's cheeks were flushed and her forehead hot.

"You're feverish," Charlotte murmured concernedly. "Here, let me give you some healing Yum juice. That and a good night's sleep should make you able to fight off your illness, I hope." Knowing Elizabeth had cut herself earlier, she rolled up the girl's sleeve to apply a healing salve to the cut first, however.

Charlotte looked in horror at Elizabeth's arm...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Lizzie welcomed the questions that would be asked of her. She desperately hoped to prove that the other was an Armada spy, but with all her knowledge and memories shared, how could she prove the difference. A wave of hopelessness enveloped her. She felt so sick and exhausted, that it seemed to take all her energy and concentration to climb out of the brig and walk a short way below decks with Charlotte. Thus Lizzie failed to notice that Charlotte had no weapon guarding her, and walked beside her with intent to support if needed.

Lizzie was surprised, however, to find herself not at the captain's quarters awaiting questioning, but rather at a screened off area below decks that had been given to Charlotte as temporary quarters. The lower bunk had blankets thoughtfully turned back, a clean linen nightgown folded on top. Beside the bed, a chest served as a crude table on which was set a pitcher of warm water, a washing bowl, and a cake of lavender-scented soap. She looked questioningly at Charlotte, bewildered at the unexpected luxuries of ordinary life.

Charlotte smiled very gently. "Welcome back, Elizabeth." She turned her face away for a moment as tears of relief and gratitude sprung into Elizabeth's eyes to give the other girl time to compose herself. "I am sorry that I could not tend to your hurts earlier. Right now, I am the closest thing to a medical officer on Kiera's ship. Let me tend to you, and then you can sleep." Frowning suddenly, she put her hand on Elizabeth's forehead. Though her skin was pale, Elizabeth's cheeks were flushed and her forehead hot.

"You're feverish," Charlotte murmured concernedly. "Here, let me give you some healing Yum juice. That and a good night's sleep should make you able to fight off your illness, I hope." Knowing Elizabeth had cut herself earlier, she rolled up the girl's sleeve to apply a healing salve to the cut first, however.

OOC: Anne... you just made me nervous...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

Dunh
Dunh
Dunh
Duuuuuuunnnnnhhhhhhh.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011

OOC: By the way, you did an excellent job in describing all of Lizzy's (Lizzie's?) reactions! She indeed would have been grateful for further questioning, although it is a little bit uncomfortable for her, and she would have been so exhausted that she didn't notice Charlotte was weaponless. Lizzy would be surprised to be treated so kindly when she expected to be treated like a clockwork, and she definitely would have cried with relief that you guys have figured out which Lizzy was the real Lizzy. Bravo, Anne! Very impressive -- You don't have to avoid making Lizzy talk if you don't want to, you have definitely displayed the ability of taking control of Lizzy easily and efficiently and I trust you can use her correctly whenever you need to. Again, bravo!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Keira was extremely tired. It had been quite the long day. She had grouped up with a small band of pirates to retrieve a piece of literature in Sivella, had to break her friend out of prison, deal with an Armada spy twin, and eventually come up with a plan to solve it all. The Witchdoctor also counted down all the spells she'd used today, one of them severely wasting her energy. Summoning, invisibility, scythe, warding, and identification, identification, summoning, and scythe being the most energy-draining. That, AND she had to deal with her tomboy friend.

"I think I'm headed to bed guys..." She stated tiredly. "I'm extremely tired." She yawned as if on cue, and headed to the bedroom section of her quarters. The black haired girl finally settled down for a good night's sleep she'd been hoping for ever since they boarded the ship. She then remembered something. "Guys, Charlotte and Emma can replace me as captain for now! Scarlet too!" She called out before almost immediately falling asleep.

Emma ran down to where Charlotte was. "Hey, Char, Keira went to bed. Bless her heart." Emma sighed. "Anyway, she said you, Scarlet and I are the captains for now, which means leading the crews and taking care of everyone is up to us."

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Dunh
Dunh
Dunh
Duuuuuuunnnnnhhhhhhh.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I second that motion.
Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Anne... you just made me nervous...
OOC: , 'twas things you implied already happened to Lizzy. So no, I didn't do anything to her, unless you count my over-active imagination, fueled by reading too much science & history...

The inside of Elizabeth's forearm was covered with many tiny, superficial wounds, as well as multiple minor burns in the shape of rings. Both were consistent with the common medical practice of bloodletting -- but done to an extreme. Charlotte, growing up with the Bears of Grizzleheim, knew that sometimes bloodletting was considered a useful and helpful thing. It was believed to lessen the hot 'humors' that were upsetting the body balance and causing illness, though the harsher technique of hot cupping was generally frowned upon. The Armada practitioners, however, had been anything but gentle, and had drawn blood multiple times. Why? Had this had something to do with how they managed to create Elizabeth's double? But how had they managed to make such a thing?

Charlotte looked into Elizabeth's face, questions bubbling to her lips -- and let the questions die. No. She did not need to know. Elizabeth might have to give all the information she could to someone who could make use of it -- Marleybonean Intelligence, perhaps, but that was one ordeal that could be put off until absolutely necessary.

"Good thing I have an excellent supply of Yum salve," Charlotte managed to say lightly, and as she spread the healing cream over Elizabeth's skin, the marks healed and faded away entirely. The cut of earlier too was dealt with. Elizabeth's strength could not long hold out with the gentle treatment and the sheer relief, and began to cry into Charlotte's shoulder. Charlotte just held her, missing her little Bear foster brothers and sisters whom she often comforted after quarrels or distress.

After Elizabeth drank the Yum juice as well, it was plain her eyes could barely hold themselves open. Charlotte rubbed her eyes tiredly. It had been an exhausting set of days. But it was not over yet. She needed to confer with Kiera, Matthew, Scarlet, Emma -- the other pirate captains, about what to do with the Armada spy.

However, when she encountered Emma and found that Kiera had gone to sleep, Charlotte decided that really was an excellent idea. In just a few minutes she had tumbled into her upper bunk and very soon joined Elizabeth and Kiera in slumber.