Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Useless Rooms!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
In houses, I sometimes come across useless rooms.
I will be using the Buccaneer house as an example.

These rooms will not let you place anything in them.

I have so far come up with 3 different rooms in the Buccaneer House that are useless.

-The Treasure Hall
-The Training Room
-The Squid Room

Now, I understand these rooms have interactable features, but why must it keep us from placing items in them? I have also met countless walls that won't let me hang anything on them. I understand the rounded walls, but even walls by stairs are useless to items as well. Want more examples?

-The top room of the Buccaneer house. The wall lining the stairs won't let me place any hangings.

It is sad, because the top floor is my bedroom and I would love to hang some pictures!
While i'm on my little rant here, I do think the prices for class furniture are painstakingly high. 4,500 crowns for a small set of furniture? Times 3 if you want the complete collection! 13,500 crowns is what we are talking here! The price of 25$!!!

I don't mean to complain. I love this game. I just want to make my house the best it can be, and save money while at it! The house already costs 20$ on it's own, aside from gold! On a side note, yes I understand the packs for furniture are also available in gold. But still! 22,000 gold!!!

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
Class houses should only be like for Level 50's too i am ok with the default house myself

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
In houses, I sometimes come across useless rooms.
I will be using the Buccaneer house as an example.

These rooms will not let you place anything in them.

I have so far come up with 3 different rooms in the Buccaneer House that are useless.

-The Treasure Hall
-The Training Room
-The Squid Room

Now, I understand these rooms have interactable features, but why must it keep us from placing items in them? I have also met countless walls that won't let me hang anything on them. I understand the rounded walls, but even walls by stairs are useless to items as well. Want more examples?

-The top room of the Buccaneer house. The wall lining the stairs won't let me place any hangings.

It is sad, because the top floor is my bedroom and I would love to hang some pictures!
While i'm on my little rant here, I do think the prices for class furniture are painstakingly high. 4,500 crowns for a small set of furniture? Times 3 if you want the complete collection! 13,500 crowns is what we are talking here! The price of 25$!!!

I don't mean to complain. I love this game. I just want to make my house the best it can be, and save money while at it! The house already costs 20$ on it's own, aside from gold! On a side note, yes I understand the packs for furniture are also available in gold. But still! 22,000 gold!!!

With the exception of the game kiosks & teleporters you can purchase ALL of the housing items for Gold. The furniture sets you say are 4500 Crowns are only 22,500 in gold. The fountains, chairs, and beds range from 1750-5000 gold each item. The deal with the furniture sets, you gotta remember, is that you ARE getting 7 items for that one price.

The same is true for the houses. They can be purchased for Gold OR Crowns.

If you are wanting to save actual real world money, then use the gold. There have been a lot of #Twirates (Twitter Pirates) & P101 Central members who have been holding farming parties at Friar Sand to get the gold to buy the houses and stuff. With at least two pirates going in to fight him he is dead by the 3rd round & you net around 4-6K in gold for that one fight!

~SM~

Ensign
Jul 14, 2013
I have some suggestions about houses:
  • We should be able to give certain people permission to move stuff in their house
  • Ban people from houses
  • Have some way to stop people from moving in your house
  • Put more stuff in houses
  • Fly or teleport to different parts to houses
  • If you have more than one house you can merge them together to make a giant island
  • Have additions to houses
  • By choice have neighbors like your friends
  • And Be able to give someone one of your houses

We should also be able to buy permanent mounts with gold and give people already owned items

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I love the Class Houses, they are just too expensive, and so is the furniture. This game is going to get greedy just like Wizard101 has!

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
As far as the useless rooms, I feel your pain. In my new Musketeer home I wanted to put my root beer kegs in the room that was to be my bedroom/private study, unfortunately it would not fit. I still loved the item, so I settled for putting it anywhere it fit; however, after running all through the house I cannot find a single wall that will take this item, even after moving everything else out of the area. I have noticed there actually isn't much space that will take wall hangings. The fortress part hardly takes anything (probably because it is a pvp zone) and the walls inside either have stairs or multiple support beams running through them. I have also noticed the space they give you to actually place items is a little cramped, for example my bed and wardrobe are about a foot away from any walls, and my wall hangings can't be placed anywhere near a support beam. I figure the wall space given to actually place items is simply too small vertically to place the kegs anywhere. Of course, I'm not sure that's exactly how the game works, but it seems like that to me; for the sake of assimilation I call it, a collider conflict. Simply stated it means that I cannot find a single place in my house to place one of my favorite items, which is a bummer; although I do still love the design of the house.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
I know what you mean about the fruniture costing alot with crowns, but you can also buy them with gold...

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I know what you mean about the fruniture costing alot with crowns, but you can also buy them with gold...
I stated this already. That is 22,500 gold for one furniture set, which is crazy! Crowns prices still need to be lowered.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
I stated this already. That is 22,500 gold for one furniture set, which is crazy! Crowns prices still need to be lowered.
o i didnt see that at the time you probably changed your thing later on but anyways, its easy to get the gold just farm friar sand, and why would we buy the packs with crowns? I think its ridiculous thats why i always buy them with the price they have in gold

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
ya honestly I have a a lot of rooms I wanna put wall hangings in including the round shape rooms btw each house should have a skyway where other peoples ships can go out there and pvp you. it would be fun to have your own little skyway

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I love the Class Houses, they are just too expensive, and so is the furniture. This game is going to get greedy just like Wizard101 has!
Sorry, my friend, but I'd prefer to spend gold on training my companions so I appreciated the option of being able to use Crowns to purchase my Swashbuckler house.

I agree that the price of class furniture is really steep! Getting all of the class furniture will cost me as many Crowns as the house itself!

I like the layout of Rake Lake, personally. I will probably set up the main estate for myself (the hidden passage in the fireplace is pretty sweet!) and use the building by the docks as a trophy room / meeting house / main kitchen.

AKA the place I pretend that my companions hang out since we don't get to see all of them at once.

Talon Devereaux

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
CrazyAliciaNightin... on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I have some suggestions about houses:
  • We should be able to give certain people permission to move stuff in their house
  • Ban people from houses
  • If you have more than one house you can merge them together to make a giant island
  • By choice have neighbors like your friends
  • And Be able to give someone one of your houses

We should also be able to buy permanent mounts with gold and give people already owned items
I don't agree with most of the stuff you said, but I really like a few...

• We should be able to give certain people permission to move stuff into their house.

Me~ Yeah... no thanks. Wait, what do you mean by "their" house? Do you mean "your" house? Either way, no thanks. I like my friends, but I don't want them redecorating my house...

• Ban people from houses

Me~ I think they already have that... If you dislike someone, you could 'ignore' them, and I would think that would keep them from going to your house. I'm pretty sure there's a setting in the 'My Options' bar that keeps random people from going to your house as well...

Me~... well, what do you want them to do..? Keep them in one spot or in one room of your house the whole time they're there?

Me~ I agree...

Me~ You can already teleport to different parts in your house or to different houses, but flying would be AMAZING!

• If you have one or more houses, you can merge them together and make a giant island

Me~ I love this idea!

Me~ I think you already said that in the last post, XD

• By choice, have neighbors like your friends

Me~ Eh... I don't think we have neighbors by our houses... (but that would be awesome. Like, everybody who bought a Swashbuckler's house has their house next to ours and we'll be able to fly to any of them and party XD. Same could go for all the other houses. We could talk, or probably yell, to each other from our own houses and communicate XD)

• And be able to give someone one of our houses

Me~ You mean like we put our houses up for sale and they buy it..? A little too much, I think... Nah. I don't see this happening (KI has to make money off these houses as well).