Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer new powers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2011
Hello I am a lvl. 48 privateer and I was going through the powers I get after lvl. 50 and I noticed the power "tower of iron will". Its description is "Adds will bonus to armor and resistance". It doesn't show the percentage by which they go up and I was very confused by what it means. If someone could please tell me what it means it would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Silent Austin Higgens
lvl. 48

P.S. What does "fighting fervor" also mean?

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I agree. I have no idea what this power means. If anyone else knows, then that would be great!

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
I believe it takes the bonus from your / your companions will stat and adds that number to base armor and resistance. So if your unbuffed will gives you a +15 bonus and you cast tower of iron will, it will add 15 to your armor and resistance. So buffing your will via a rally spell prior to casting these can increase the effect.

Fighting fervor works the same way except it adds to base damage based on your/ your companions will bonus.

From my experience the bonus is calculated individually per crew member rather than passing the Privateers bonus to the companions so it their effects would be more beneficial to Witchdoctor and Privateer companions than to others. The bonus provided by these spells is not super significant, but every little bit helps.

Quiet Robert - 65

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Quiet Robert on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
I believe it takes the bonus from your / your companions will stat and adds that number to base armor and resistance. So if your unbuffed will gives you a +15 bonus and you cast tower of iron will, it will add 15 to your armor and resistance. So buffing your will via a rally spell prior to casting these can increase the effect.

Fighting fervor works the same way except it adds to base damage based on your/ your companions will bonus.

From my experience the bonus is calculated individually per crew member rather than passing the Privateers bonus to the companions so it their effects would be more beneficial to Witchdoctor and Privateer companions than to others. The bonus provided by these spells is not super significant, but every little bit helps.

Quiet Robert - 65
You are amazing, my friend. Thanks. I was going nuts trying to figure those spell cards out.