Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Antinous a bit Anticliamtic?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Don't get me wrong when I say this, but didn't the fight with Antinous seem a bit simple for the last boss of Aquila. He may not be very fearsome such as the Hydra or Medusa, but I think he should gain at least one power/epic/cheat that would make his fight memorable. The Ophidians of Troy put up a better fight than Antinous.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
He also should rarely drop some epic gear.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Admiral on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Don't get me wrong when I say this, but didn't the fight with Antinous seem a bit simple for the last boss of Aquila. He may not be very fearsome such as the Hydra or Medusa, but I think he should gain at least one power/epic/cheat that would make his fight memorable. The Ophidians of Troy put up a better fight than Antinous.
You know, I think you're right. Antinous did seem a bit anticlimactic for a tough boss. Maybe he should have one new Epic Power or at least one new cheat to better increase the last battle's difficulty, and make it a bit more memorable, like summoning more of his troops until his defeat, or something. His battle shouldn't be a bit too easy for a current end Book boss, but should be a bit more tougher than Rooke's second and last battle in Marleybone.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I will say you guys are right. Antinous is a bit easy to beat. I have utterly destroyed him many times, I beat him one time after just 3 turns. For me though, he rarely drops any good gear. I have gotten his sword and shield though, which are quite awesome looking, I must say. I did want to bring up, that in the Odyssey, written by the legendary writer Homer,( The book that Antinous and Ulysses stem from), the main character, Odysseus, shot Antinous through the neck with his bow and arrow before he even had a chance to draw his sword. Basically, he died before the actual final battle began. When I read the book, I thought Odysseus and Antinous would face off in an epic final battle with each other, but I was wrong. Antinous's death in the Odyssey was just like the title of this topic, anticlimactic. Either way, you guys are right. He is very easy, and I would say that the boss before him is actually harder. Anyway, I've put in my bit, and I hope you like it!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
The Admiral on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
lol, Antinous who?

Heheh, I already forgot him lol