Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

If you could have one pet that doesn't exsist yet

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I just thought of a pet that I simply must have....my pirate's outfit demands it!

Currently Valkoor is decked out in General Tso's full outfit so I thought that it would be amazing if we could get his beloved chicken as our very own pet. But the tide would be turned, and Tso's chicken would now be the one doing all the threatening....BUCKAWWWWKKKK!

So Decius, is there any chance that we could ever recruit and convince that fine feathered fiendish, foe to fit in as our flapping friend? You could give it some unique powers like:

Egg Drop Soup- an AoE attack where it drops a giant egg on the centered tile and sends 'shelled shrapnel' to any adjacent enemies. I guess it would be fitting to say, "the yolks on them!"

Release The Crackin'- Summons an egg with legs, feet and a beak to peck away at the enemies' health.

Squawkules Sorrow- A debuff that drains the enemies' appetite and ego....I mean health and reduces accuracy & dodge.

Egg Roll- An attack where Tso's Chicken assumes it birth appearance and pummels the enemy-- over and over easy, leaving them sunny-side down.

Say it Ain't Tso- An attack where a mini General Tso himself manifests to lay udder and moovelous destruction to any enemy that lands a strike on his winged warrior.

Poultry in Motion- An epic strike where feathers furiously fly and that chicken gooses any fowl, pigeon-toed turkeys that don't duck for cover.

Sweet and Sour- A power where the chicken pays an enemy a nice complement like, "Hey Ninja Pig, you've trimmed down a bit...all that slicing and dicing is doing wonders.....lookin' good!" and just as the buttered up enemy lets down it's guard, ol' chicken proceeds to fry them up and send some poison-tipped feathers flyin' it's way.

It would be Tso great to go strutting around the Spiral, dressed as General Tso and to also have his faithful chicken scratchin' in the dirt behind us!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
I just thought of a pet that I simply must have....my pirate's outfit demands it!

Currently Valkoor is decked out in General Tso's full outfit so I thought that it would be amazing if we could get his beloved chicken as our very own pet. But the tide would be turned, and Tso's chicken would now be the one doing all the threatening....BUCKAWWWWKKKK!

So Decius, is there any chance that we could ever recruit and convince that fine feathered fiendish, foe to fit in as our flapping friend? You could give it some unique powers like:

Egg Drop Soup- an AoE attack where it drops a giant egg on the centered tile and sends 'shelled shrapnel' to any adjacent enemies. I guess it would be fitting to say, "the yolks on them!"

Release The Crackin'- Summons an egg with legs, feet and a beak to peck away at the enemies' health.

Squawkules Sorrow- A debuff that drains the enemies' appetite and ego....I mean health and reduces accuracy & dodge.

Egg Roll- An attack where Tso's Chicken assumes it birth appearance and pummels the enemy-- over and over easy, leaving them sunny-side down.

Say it Ain't Tso- An attack where a mini General Tso himself manifests to lay udder and moovelous destruction to any enemy that lands a strike on his winged warrior.

Poultry in Motion- An epic strike where feathers furiously fly and that chicken gooses any fowl, pigeon-toed turkeys that don't duck for cover.

Sweet and Sour- A power where the chicken pays an enemy a nice complement like, "Hey Ninja Pig, you've trimmed down a bit...all that slicing and dicing is doing wonders.....lookin' good!" and just as the buttered up enemy lets down it's guard, ol' chicken proceeds to fry them up and send some poison-tipped feathers flyin' it's way.

It would be Tso great to go strutting around the Spiral, dressed as General Tso and to also have his faithful chicken scratchin' in the dirt behind us!
Perfect. I'm still giggling, and probably will be for a while.

...Tso what do you say Decius? Can we get a pet chicken?

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011

Bwahahaha

very nice :D You have me in stitches

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

How can they refuse such an hysterical plea

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thank you Misty, Calamity and Chrissy! Happy to give you all a little chuckle-- you know me, gotta let the goof fly!

This got me thinking that it would be neat if some of the 'major bosses' throughout the Spiral had their very own, uniquely special pets that only they dropped. They would of course be Epic, Mega, Super, Ultra Rare with each boss being the only source for their respective pet and they would be farmed only pets-- meaning you couldn't morph to reproduce them. As many avid pet collectors that there are out there in the Spiral, I think it would surely bring many players back to farming and revisiting some 'old bosses' just for those unique pets-- mixing newer and older players a bit more.

You could have General Tso's Chicken, Hykssoss' Mongoose (yikes), Fin Dorsal's Lamprey, Bishop's Clockwork Centipede, Lo Pan's Mantis, Duck of Death's Mountain Lion (another yikes), Chumba Wumba's Rhino Beetle, Captain Fowl's Wolverine, Red Fox's Weasel, Captain Blood's Banshee, Moo Manchu's Arctic Fox.......almost forgot my Nautilus, dropped by maybe Darzoz.

I would surely go after farming bosses for Ultra Rare and unique boss pets!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Misty, Calamity and Chrissy! Happy to give you all a little chuckle-- you know me, gotta let the goof fly!

This got me thinking that it would be neat if some of the 'major bosses' throughout the Spiral had their very own, uniquely special pets that only they dropped. They would of course be Epic, Mega, Super, Ultra Rare with each boss being the only source for their respective pet and they would be farmed only pets-- meaning you couldn't morph to reproduce them. As many avid pet collectors that there are out there in the Spiral, I think it would surely bring many players back to farming and revisiting some 'old bosses' just for those unique pets-- mixing newer and older players a bit more.

You could have General Tso's Chicken, Hykssoss' Mongoose (yikes), Fin Dorsal's Lamprey, Bishop's Clockwork Centipede, Lo Pan's Mantis, Duck of Death's Mountain Lion (another yikes), Chumba Wumba's Rhino Beetle, Captain Fowl's Wolverine, Red Fox's Weasel, Captain Blood's Banshee, Moo Manchu's Arctic Fox.......almost forgot my Nautilus, dropped by maybe Darzoz.

I would surely go after farming bosses for Ultra Rare and unique boss pets!
This is a wonderful idea! Boss pets that join them in battle ( except for General Tso ).

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Hybrid:

Snow Crab (Crimson Crawlie x Ice Scarab)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
This is a wonderful idea! Boss pets that join them in battle ( except for General Tso ).
Yes! Yes! Yes! I would really enjoy seeing a Boss pet pop up in battle and actually have a chance of receiving the Boss's exclusive pet as an ultra rare drop. That would be amazing and I think the developers, design and art team and sound team as well, would come up with some incredible boss pets. Maybe, as enemies and bosses get tougher in the new worlds and books, we just may see this very thing......I sure hope Tso!

Ensign
Dec 13, 2012
I would like to see mech croc I think that would be soo cool.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So I did some sea creature "research" and found some pretty fascinating critters that would be amazing additions to our pirates' pet collections. If able to, try to look some of these up online, because many of them are pretty wild looking. Plus, some of these would make great hybrids using current pets. So here they are!

Yeti Crab, Batfish, Frilled Shark, Giant Spider Crab, Wolffish, Fangtooth Fish, Vampire Squid, Viperfish, Thornback Skate, Coelacanth, Razorbill (Puffer), Mantis Shrimp, Flower Hat Jelly, Parrotfish, Giant Isopod, Hydromedusae (Jellyfish looking-- also a turtle), Glass Squid, Crocodile Fish, Mimic Octopus, Reef Stonefish, Toadfish (and Oyster Toadfish), Leafy Sea Dragon, Scorpion Fish, Hawksbill Turtle, Humboldt Squid and Stargazer Fish.

Being that I witnessed the loading of Frog, Fish, Toad and Bird possible pet animations and with Esperanza actually discovering the plain ol' Frog pet, some of the above pets could be very possible in the future and some even possible hybrids out there right now.

Either way, all of the above sea creatures would be simply amazing to have in game. Some of my favorites are Yeti Crab, Frogfish, Frilled Shark, Fangtooth Fish, Mantis Shrimp, Flower Hat Jelly, Giant Isopod, Glass Squid, Leafy Sea Dragon and Stargazer Fish....well and just about all of them, actually!

Check them out if you can-- I think you will be oohing and ahhing with many of them!

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I would like to eat- sorry, SEE a lobster pet that's in a steaming stew pot and is holding a fork in one hand and a knife in the other. It would be wearing an I <3 Lobster bib. I would call it the Red Lobster Pet.
(Named after the restaurant)

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
I would like to tame a flying fish from the skyways. Always thought they were the cutest things.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Just Another Pirat... on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
I would like to tame a flying fish from the skyways. Always thought they were the cutest things.
Yikes! A flying fish. They always creeped me out.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
So I did some sea creature "research" and found some pretty fascinating critters that would be amazing additions to our pirates' pet collections. If able to, try to look some of these up online, because many of them are pretty wild looking. Plus, some of these would make great hybrids using current pets. So here they are!

Yeti Crab, Batfish, Frilled Shark, Giant Spider Crab, Wolffish, Fangtooth Fish, Vampire Squid, Viperfish, Thornback Skate, Coelacanth, Razorbill (Puffer), Mantis Shrimp, Flower Hat Jelly, Parrotfish, Giant Isopod, Hydromedusae (Jellyfish looking-- also a turtle), Glass Squid, Crocodile Fish, Mimic Octopus, Reef Stonefish, Toadfish (and Oyster Toadfish), Leafy Sea Dragon, Scorpion Fish, Hawksbill Turtle, Humboldt Squid and Stargazer Fish.

Being that I witnessed the loading of Frog, Fish, Toad and Bird possible pet animations and with Esperanza actually discovering the plain ol' Frog pet, some of the above pets could be very possible in the future and some even possible hybrids out there right now.

Either way, all of the above sea creatures would be simply amazing to have in game. Some of my favorites are Yeti Crab, Frogfish, Frilled Shark, Fangtooth Fish, Mantis Shrimp, Flower Hat Jelly, Giant Isopod, Glass Squid, Leafy Sea Dragon and Stargazer Fish....well and just about all of them, actually!

Check them out if you can-- I think you will be oohing and ahhing with many of them!
Hey there Decius, any chance any of these could possibly make their way into the Spiral?-- with your own clever and funny spins on the specie names of course. Many of these would be so amazing to have fight alongside our pirates, if the design programming could be done of course.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Hey there Decius, any chance any of these could possibly make their way into the Spiral?-- with your own clever and funny spins on the specie names of course. Many of these would be so amazing to have fight alongside our pirates, if the design programming could be done of course.
I can't promise anything. But as I can you have all seen that I add as many new pets as possible.

As for your suggestions, they are great. I scuba dive when I get the chance to fly out of central Texas, and I love all sorts of sea creatures.

Just last vacation I was able to see a Golden Spotted Eel, while snorkeling in about 1.5 feet of water. It was amazing.

Everyone should keep their ideas going in this thread. I will do my best to use it for suggestions and inspiration in the future.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
I can't promise anything. But as I can you have all seen that I add as many new pets as possible.

As for your suggestions, they are great. I scuba dive when I get the chance to fly out of central Texas, and I love all sorts of sea creatures.

Just last vacation I was able to see a Golden Spotted Eel, while snorkeling in about 1.5 feet of water. It was amazing.

Everyone should keep their ideas going in this thread. I will do my best to use it for suggestions and inspiration in the future.
Wow, that is quite amazing indeed.

I have gone swimming with a 3 'legged' Loggerhead Sea Turtle, but have surely not been lucky enough to snorkel or scuba with a Golden Spotted Eel-- happiest 3 legged creature I have ever seen too. Creatures in general are pretty fascinating to me, and oft times the more different and unusual, the more intriguingly beautiful they are. Don't get me wrong, I still love a faithful run of the mill dog and a moody, hair-hackin' cat, but give me an odd looking sea creature and/or plain-as-can-be looking serpent and I am near speechless everytime (except for the oohing and ahhing and giggling like a little kid at Christmas).

Sometimes it is just the movement of the animal/creature that just makes you stand and take notice in silent awe and inspired appreciation. Yeppers, the most breathtakingly amazing things are all around us and I so enjoy admiring them all. And surely tremendous beauty can be found in even the so-called ugliest of beasts.

Thank you for the reply and for listening to, considering and even using our ideas and suggestions. It can't be said enough, how much we appreciate the staffs level of commitment to and interaction with us, the players. By the way, did the Ram-a-lam pet come from an idea in this thread, or was that already in the works? Just curious.

Happy scuba diving and Eel watching to you!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Thank ye Decius.And of course thank ye Valkoor.And thank ye naturalists,and biologists who found the species,identified them as separate species,and proceeded to name them and add them to the big list of discovered marine animals.

I was just conversing with Valkoor,around nine hours ago(I think?) about Stymphalian Birds.

I want one as a pet.Yes.Eventhough it has toxic poo,I still want it.
Well,technically,birds don't have poo,as the...never mind.

The horns,the tough bills,the colorations among other things make me want it.

If not,then at least give it to witchdoctors as a nonsapient companion.

I still want my Thylacine.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2014
i would like a stegosaurus yes i said stegosaurus

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
I also would really like a Red Fox pet and a Coyote. They're amazing to watch in Summer in the early mornings when the first beams of sunlight hit the ground and peak over the horizon. The foxes are marvelously beautiful and the coyotes are too awesome to ignore.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
I think I would like to have an elemental (ice, fire, water etc..) or a fire or ice Imp.

But mostly I'd like to see my pets physical features change more as they were leveled higher. Not just the size of the pet like we have now, but also some of the physical characteristics as well. For example if I had a frog, the baby might still be a tadpole or had a small tail.As it grew in levels the tail would shrink and it would grow in size and power until I was a truly an impressive specimen. I would have more incentive to max it out instead of leaving it at adult once it could be morphed.

The attack animations would also improve with age.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
I would love to have an Orthrus pet. Those beasts are just simply amazing. Another idea I have is for a hybrid: the Salamander. It's from Krokotopia, and it would be a mix of the Fire Toad and the Crokogator.

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I want an undead pet. I have all of them so far(I'm still trying to figure out if the grimtooth reaper is undead or not). I also like cats. Maybe a ghost cat or a ghost juju chicken?

Ensign
May 11, 2011
Little Minituare Versions Of Our Starter Companions
-Clever Charles Holystone

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Sir.Fortifier on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
Little Minituare Versions Of Our Starter Companions
-Clever Charles Holystone
Wow, that would be hilarious! Just think, miniature, larger-than-life characters!

Great idea!
- Jack

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
In addition to a Dolphin, like someone posted here are the additional pet lists.

5.Dolphin ( Someone, segusted it this pet,earlier. ) - Graceful yet powerful creature, I like to imagine this creature with shades of blue both dark and light hues,along with white underbelly and some stripes.Similar looking to a bottle nosed spices.This creature could have some new talents yet to be discover.

6.Burnt-o-saurs- A large spices of sauropod dinosaur, a fire type spices.Maybe a spices,that thought to be extinct,just waiting to be discovered in active volcanoes around the spiral.A rear creature worth framing for it's great powers and ability.

7.Mastodon- An ice creature with powerful abilities and stat,this rear creature only lives at a cold area far north.It's a smaller version of the mammoth but studier in appearance and have a normal brown colored fur to tell it apart from it's larger relative.

8.Penguin- I would love to see this pet someday.