Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tips needed for Nefarious 5!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Hi, can anyone give me some tips and or strategies to beat the Nefarious 5? I've been dying on it a hundred times with some people and really wanna beat it.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
KatherineDragonBla... on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
Hi, can anyone give me some tips and or strategies to beat the Nefarious 5? I've been dying on it a hundred times with some people and really wanna beat it.
Well, here are some tips from someone who's fought them nearly 3 dozen times and won!

1. Use LOTS of traps. This will weaken the Buccaneer as he gets closer to you, along with the Swashbuckler.

2. Use your DOUBLOONS. You've got them for a reason. Summon many high-level doubloon minions to keep the Five distracted, and then slaughter them as they try to kill the minions you summoned.

3. Heal A LOT. 'Nuff said.

4. A Swashbuckler on your team is almost necessary. If he goes last, and all of you gather around him, he can use Black Fog and hide everyone on your team, allowing you to buff and summon, and then strike with devastating effects.

5. Have good move combinations. For example, IF you have the Nefarious Staff from the Nef. Witchdoctor, and the Grizzled Heart Banner from the Grizzly pack, summon the scorpions from the staff first, and then use the banner. This makes those 9 scorpions as deadly as companions, and will literally stop the Five in their tracks.

6. BUFF LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. Buff like crazy, and then hit the Five with all you have.

7. Use your best companion on this fight. I use Chantal Livingstone, as she can snipe Faye from a long ways off. Others use Fan Flanders, Carcarius Grimtooth, and even some use Baar and others El Toro. A good companion will deliver good results.

8. Hit Faye from a LONG ways away. Her Charming Gaze is killer, and I recommend hitting her with ranged moves, and then have a Swashbuckler that is invisible hit her with Assassin's Strike. That ought to kill her, and sometimes, if you're lucky......she's the FIRST to die.

9. The Buccaneer is a HUGE problem. When he charges you, and he's the only one on your side of the board, KILL HIM FIRST. He's a TANK, and if you get rid of him, the Five begin to waver, as he is the strongest one.

10. Here is the order that the Five are typically killed in. 1. Buccaneer, 2. Swashbuckler, 3. Witchdoctor, 4. Privateer, 5. Musketeer. Try and kill them in this order. Kill the 2 damage tanks first, then take out the Witch since she can deal lots of damage, then take out the Privy to get rid of her healing her teammates, and then finally, kill the Musketeer.

Good luck!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy! Take a look at my post - Tower Strategies, Pirates helping Pirates.
Many people have contributed great advice for facing the Nef-5! Good Luck!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Well judging from your profile pic i'm guessing your a privateer with your team then you should have a swashbuckuler a musketeer and a witchdoctor. At first you should probably ether boost your team mates dodge and accuracy or put defences on someone. Have one of your top five companions (don't use number one cause theres a high chance of them being defeated). If you have a companion that can use a stealth move have them use it like Kan Po's copy. The swash should hide him/her's companions with them and a musketeer should put down some traps. And the witchdoctor should use a jujuor attack if they can.

Try to maintian everyones health and a few Aquila doubloons and health doubloons are important. Then boost their criticals or boost the witchdoctors will. Keep having the musketeer set traps and have him/her attack the privateer(from a distance). then attack the Nefariouse five in this order Musketeer, swash, witch, buck, and privy last. And remember to keep your teamates health up. well hope this helps.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Here is a thread with some great strategies for you to try.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2014
Remember to always use dabloons, they're very helpful!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
A lot depends on your pirate band's makeup. Pick crew who can attack from a distance or go invisible (and resist the impulse to smack on the nearest enemy). Spread out as much as you can, because bombs. Keeping as far away from the corrupted privateer as you can, take her out. Seriously, go for her first. Swashbucklers who are invisible hit hard -- let 'em hit her. Drop bombs on her. Shoot her. Put her down as soon as you can, because not only does she do the charm thing, but she also heals her team. Once they've lost that healing life will be much easier.

Shift your ranged guys on the witchdoctor and your heavy hitters on the musketeer. Get as many traps between your side and the swashbuckler and buccaneer as you can so they soak up a lot of damage before they start whaling on your side. Once the privateer is out of the mix, summon whatever help you have doubloons for to act as speed bumps and soak up the damage. If you have a privateer on your side, have him (or her) healing as much as possible between dropping bombs.

Notice that I don't suggest summoning help before the privateer goes down. No one wants a bunch of ninja pigs added to the grief the nefarious five will give you if she charms them.

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
i have no idea :) but i think one of my friends know i call apon golden sierra yong lvl 65 and strong james strong lvl 65