Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 needs to become live again!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2011
Pirate 101 is still probably the second best game in my book, even though it having many problems and disputes in the gamer's eyes. It has nearly been 2 years without a story update! 2 YEARS!!! The only updates that has occured were in my eyes unnecessary or just took place at the wrong time. Advanced pets were cool, kept players occupied for a while, with morphing and pet sparring. But having 2 minor updates back to back in about 1 1/2 year's span, is ridiculous! most max level players don't even click on the Pirate 101 login screen anymore, because they know nothing is going on to get me playing again. We need more content to play, explore, and entertain! We want to get to El Dorado, we want new worlds and adventures, and plot twists! We want the game we had before that kept our attention and we were on it 24/7. Thats what the community wants! But I can understand the wait for a while to actually produce and test the updates, but atleast give us some incite on it and leaks to amp up the hipe. If the 2 year wait is for another minor update on cosmetics and big fixes (which are good), then the game might go down the toilet for some people. I am still loyal to Pirate, i check their homepage and facebook every day to check for any spoilers and news, I just wish that we get something soon that's worth the long wait.

Ensign
May 09, 2013
It could be that the reason a new arc is taking so long is that it is in production and bugs are still being worked out. From what I've seen, they have been pretty good story lines thus far; perhaps the writers are ensuring that the story in new arcs remain of high quality and are consistent with the rest of the game.

Whatever the reason, I am hoping that they will release a new world and increase the level cap at some point this year. We just have to be patient.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
GiNgErBoSs on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
Pirate 101 is still probably the second best game in my book, even though it having many problems and disputes in the gamer's eyes. It has nearly been 2 years without a story update! 2 YEARS!!! The only updates that has occured were in my eyes unnecessary or just took place at the wrong time. Advanced pets were cool, kept players occupied for a while, with morphing and pet sparring. But having 2 minor updates back to back in about 1 1/2 year's span, is ridiculous! most max level players don't even click on the Pirate 101 login screen anymore, because they know nothing is going on to get me playing again. We need more content to play, explore, and entertain! We want to get to El Dorado, we want new worlds and adventures, and plot twists! We want the game we had before that kept our attention and we were on it 24/7. Thats what the community wants! But I can understand the wait for a while to actually produce and test the updates, but atleast give us some incite on it and leaks to amp up the hipe. If the 2 year wait is for another minor update on cosmetics and big fixes (which are good), then the game might go down the toilet for some people. I am still loyal to Pirate, i check their homepage and facebook every day to check for any spoilers and news, I just wish that we get something soon that's worth the long wait.
How do you know what 'most' maxed pirates do? Have you statistics to back that statement up?

Look, I get that it's frustrating waiting for new content, but us whining about it on the message boards is hardly going to make them program faster, is it? I doubt they're all just hanging out in the break room drinking Tab and throwing Cheetos at each other. If the coding is taking this long to do, then it's going to take this long to do. Because you saw no great benefit to the new updates it does not automatically follow that there was no benefit. Some of us have started new pirates. Some of us are still entertained with morphing. Some are still farming the Tower of Moo Manchu. And yes, there may be some people who have moved on from Pirate, but there are people who move on from other games as well. Sometimes it's a factor of life getting too busy. Sometimes the game no longer grips. We don't know who quit or why they did, so sweeping generalizations only serve to weaken your argument, not support it.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
How do you know what 'most' maxed pirates do? Have you statistics to back that statement up?

Look, I get that it's frustrating waiting for new content, but us whining about it on the message boards is hardly going to make them program faster, is it? I doubt they're all just hanging out in the break room drinking Tab and throwing Cheetos at each other. If the coding is taking this long to do, then it's going to take this long to do. Because you saw no great benefit to the new updates it does not automatically follow that there was no benefit. Some of us have started new pirates. Some of us are still entertained with morphing. Some are still farming the Tower of Moo Manchu. And yes, there may be some people who have moved on from Pirate, but there are people who move on from other games as well. Sometimes it's a factor of life getting too busy. Sometimes the game no longer grips. We don't know who quit or why they did, so sweeping generalizations only serve to weaken your argument, not support it.
the people that I know that quit quit because of the lack of updates and the lack of a pvp system, and I know many who have quit, at least half of my friends list at one point, and there really wasn't much of a benefit to the scrip update, no one asked for it while many are asking for a ranked pvp system

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is why i created 6 characters just in case one of them reach the current max level of 65. I know this will happen one of these days, when only minor updates are added and no major storyline came up.It's a good thing, at least my lower leveled pirates have their time to shine and my higher leveled pirates have a good time to farm for rear weapons and gear. I'm sorry for those who have 6 max leveled pirate characters, just hold on to those characters,someday they will be back in action.

I was surprised how long that storyline to develop usually it take only 6-8months to develop. Could this mean this storyline is this big ? I can't wait to see when it's announced.Until then,I have to train my lower leveled pirate(s).

" Patience is a virtue."-From a quote in wizard101

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
zuto4011a on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
the people that I know that quit quit because of the lack of updates and the lack of a pvp system, and I know many who have quit, at least half of my friends list at one point, and there really wasn't much of a benefit to the scrip update, no one asked for it while many are asking for a ranked pvp system
I think one of the reasons they introduced Scrip is because Gold has become almost too easy to obtain. Granted we need it for updating our equipment, morphing our Pets to make them better, buying Houses and furnishings with Gold, paying Gold to Heal a Companion on Bed Rest that you don't want to wait for, and possibly other reasons. My point is, that once you get to or past MooShu, Gold can be found or gotten very easily with just normal questing and all the farming that is being done increases the Gold you have by a huge amount. Before the Advanced Pet Update, all six of my Pirates had over 5 Houses each that were obtained with Gold. This is because I didn't have anything else to spend it on to prevent me from "losing" any Gold when I got close to the Gold Cap (200,000 Gold) and wanted to continue Questing (which does earn more Gold).