Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Would you like to see Skeleton Keys made in P101?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

I have been enjoying the Skeleton Keys system in Wizard101 that places Wizards in defeating select bosses in order to farm them for the Skeleton Keys they drop, and while they do function as housing items, they also serve to unlock different Skeleton Locks that hold hidden rooms that contain Skeleton Key treasure chests that holds a lot more cool loot to get or even unveiling a secret boss to fight awaiting them there.

The point is, I really like the idea of unveiling & defeating secret bosses through that way, so I ask you, Pirates, would you like to see that kind of system adapted into Pirate101? I would really like to see that! There's plenty of places that could hold a secret boss or a treasure chest room, or perhaps both at once! And with the recent update coming to W101 that adds more new Skeleton Key secret bosses, those with a new entry Sigil appearances for these bosses(see W101's Test Realm update notes for more info on that), it would seem that many more are liking the idea of finding more secret bosses via using the Skeleton Keys.

Pirates, would you like to see Skeleton Keys come to Pirate101? I really like the idea so much, that I would like to see that come to this game, too! That, & along with more new secret bosses added, too. Please say your thoughts about this here!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
Good day!

I have been enjoying the Skeleton Keys system in Wizard101 that places Wizards in defeating select bosses in order to farm them for the Skeleton Keys they drop, and while they do function as housing items, they also serve to unlock different Skeleton Locks that hold hidden rooms that contain Skeleton Key treasure chests that holds a lot more cool loot to get or even unveiling a secret boss to fight awaiting them there.

The point is, I really like the idea of unveiling & defeating secret bosses through that way, so I ask you, Pirates, would you like to see that kind of system adapted into Pirate101? I would really like to see that! There's plenty of places that could hold a secret boss or a treasure chest room, or perhaps both at once! And with the recent update coming to W101 that adds more new Skeleton Key secret bosses, those with a new entry Sigil appearances for these bosses(see W101's Test Realm update notes for more info on that), it would seem that many more are liking the idea of finding more secret bosses via using the Skeleton Keys.

Pirates, would you like to see Skeleton Keys come to Pirate101? I really like the idea so much, that I would like to see that come to this game, too! That, & along with more new secret bosses added, too. Please say your thoughts about this here!
This is a fine idea, so long as P101 doesn't follow W101 trend for OP cheating bosses.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
This is a fine idea, so long as P101 doesn't follow W101 trend for OP cheating bosses.
cheating bosses might make PvE worth my time, maybe something actually challenging

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
I'm sure they can make the secret bosses, especially those accessed by the Skeleton Keys, reasonably challenging, be it by solo & by team, complete with amazing unique rewards that comes with them, like badges by defeating them & their own custom-made unique loot drops. Plenty of places in Pirate101's worlds that could be neat to have a secret boss, especially by accessing them with Skeleton Keys.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The players cheat way more then the bosses ever have here! Bring on the op bosses I say.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
zuto4011a on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
cheating bosses might make PvE worth my time, maybe something actually challenging
We could all use some very good challenges worth spending time for, & having more new cheating & challenging secret bosses would soothe our boredom of waiting while the P101 team continues to makes more adventures.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
''Your dark lanterns seize,take your file,and your skeletonic keys!''

Safe to say I'm all for adding an additional layer of amusment through bosses hidden to all those safe key-bearers.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I wouldn't mine doing this but not skeleton keys just a different version I don't think we should copy wizard on skeleton keys but we should make our own version.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ryanbold2 on Apr 2, 2015 wrote:
I wouldn't mine doing this but not skeleton keys just a different version I don't think we should copy wizard on skeleton keys but we should make our own version.
I do enjoy the idea of bringing Skeleton Keys to find hidden loot rooms &/or fight secret bosses like W101's because it gives them plenty more replay value out of new &/or past content retrofitted to accommodate that idea. It doesn't hurt to have them here, but if you want to see different appearances on P101's Skeleton Keys so they won't look exactly like the ones in W101, that's fine.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
You know, I could imagine some places in some dungeons that could hold a secret boss that requires a Skeleton Key to access it, like that open cave behind Santa Rana's fortress in Castillo Sapo in Cool Ranch, or one of those open halls in The Master's Lair in Skull Cap Cove near that statue of some sea creature. There are plenty of places that could make do for secret bosses' strongholds, & they would require Skeleton Keys to access these hidden rooms.

Pirates, I ask you this, if you can imagine an open spot in a dungeon that could hold a secret boss that requires a Skeleton Key to access that secret boss' hidden chamber, what would it be & what world should these open rooms be?