Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Getting into houses without being someone's friend

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Recently, I was decorating my house and then a random stranger walked up behind me and said boo. He couldn't have ported because my ports were off. I had a conversation with him, he was nice though. I asked him how he had gotten into my house. He said it wasn't hacking and kingsisle would ban you for that. Then he said he didn't wan't to tell because it would start a trend. His name is Two-faced Jack De Bouff. He was nice and didn't do anything wrong, he just got into my house some how. After he said he didn't want to start a trend, he left. Weird.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dante ZE pirate on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Recently, I was decorating my house and then a random stranger walked up behind me and said boo. He couldn't have ported because my ports were off. I had a conversation with him, he was nice though. I asked him how he had gotten into my house. He said it wasn't hacking and kingsisle would ban you for that. Then he said he didn't wan't to tell because it would start a trend. His name is Two-faced Jack De Bouff. He was nice and didn't do anything wrong, he just got into my house some how. After he said he didn't want to start a trend, he left. Weird.....
Strange indeed, and more than a little creepy .I suggest you lock your house in the options page allowing only friends to visit.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Um...that sounds like some kind of system cheat. Set your options to "Limit home to friends- yes". I'd also check to see if any of your friends know this fellow. Perhaps he ported in with one of them in the recent past and has been hiding in your home. It can happen; a friend of mine in Wizard101 had someone AFK-spinning in their house, non-stop, for 3 days.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
So with a little testing using my other account and some help from the wonderful Esperanza (anecorbie), I've figured this out.

If you don't have your home limited to friends, anyone can enter your cabin. What I've just confirmed is that if someone who's not a friend gets into your cabin, and you change your settings to "Limit home to friends - yes" that person can stay inside your cabin. And, if you happen to teleport to your home after that while they're admiring your cabin furnishings, they will be transported to your house as well. They can exit the cabin into your home, or if you bottle your ship, they'll be sent to the dock in the house, even if you have your home set to friends only.

So, if you wish to avoid unexpected or unwelcome visitors, keep your options set to limit your home to friends.

And those of you going, "Well, this loophole looks like fun! I'm going to go take advantage of it and freak people out!" I ask of you, PLEASE think of the players you are wanting to do this to. They are not going to appreciate having their privacy violated for the sake of a laugh or two on your end.

And a question for the fantastic Pirate101 developers- is there any way you can implement an ability to check a cabin for hitchhikers (shiphikers?) without going inside? Or possibly a way to boot them out by way of an "empty cabin of stowaways" button? Maybe if they aren't a friend and they try to enter your home while you have it set to friends only, they could receive an error message along the lines of, "You are not a friend with the captain. Therefore, you cannot enter their home. Teleport to your previous life fountain?" Just some thoughts to keep this issue from becoming a prevalent problem in the pirate community.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Um...that sounds like some kind of system cheat. Set your options to "Limit home to friends- yes". I'd also check to see if any of your friends know this fellow. Perhaps he ported in with one of them in the recent past and has been hiding in your home. It can happen; a friend of mine in Wizard101 had someone AFK-spinning in their house, non-stop, for 3 days.
This was in the morning when no one was online and he couldn't have teleported. I just wanted to let KI know because, to be honest, it is a bit spooky

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If we can make stowaways 'walk the plank' from our ships, surely we can evict someone?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've checked the options under the ship icon; if the 'eject passengers' button is greyed out, then you have no stowaways. I've found out that there is no eviction button for house guests.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Dante ZE pirate on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
This was in the morning when no one was online and he couldn't have teleported. I just wanted to let KI know because, to be honest, it is a bit spooky
Both unnerving and ultimately irritating I should think.

It would be very nice to be able to purge your ship of stowaways before you set sail. Maybe have one of your crew members announce a stowaway has been found when you're at the helm but before you launch?

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
That sounds super creepy I can't believe someone can do that

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there Dante ZE pirate! I know exactly what you are speaking of, well not exactly...to be exact.

Jack is on my friends list & I sometimes see him in game. The other night he chatted to me about being able to get into pirates' homes without being on their list or something like that. To be honest I wasn't sure what he was talking about, because I only port into friends when they know I am coming or after I ask them if it is OK to do so, & quite truthfully, I had about four chat conversations going on at once. I don't really enjoy it when people port in unannounced, especially if I am in a dungeon or in battle. If I'm just hanging out in the tent or at my pirate's home or anywhere that is a 'neutral zone', it doesn't bother me in the least bit. But I try my best to be courteous of other players & ask them if I can port in. It's easy just to chat a "mind if I port?"

When he told me about this, like I stated, I had no idea what he was really talking about & I didn't bother to ask him what he meant or how he was doing it. I just chalked it up as he was porting in to someone that wasn't expecting him. He actually told me that he surprised a pirate & chatted "Boo". Again I wasn't sure as to what he meant, & little did I know that you happened to be that 'Booed to' pirate.

When I next see him in game, I will surely ask him how he was doing this (now that I understand what it is) and also ask him to report it to KI Support. If he feels uncomfortable emailing support, & he tells me how he's doing it, I will surely email support or post it here on the boards so the KI Staff can take notice & remedy the situation.

Like you stated, Jack is a super nice guy & I surely don't think he meant any harm. I have had nothing but positive experiences chatting with him & he is a great Spiral buddy. But at the same time, I think all players' privacy should be respected & kept safe, so finding a solution or fix to this would be wonderful. I'll ask him & let you know what I find out.

Ensign
Dec 24, 2014
i don't want to be mean but if any of you guys or gals didn't know there is a send away button. just click on the character in your house(if its your house) it will open a list and one of them is sending away.

sorry anyway if you guys think i am rude.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
engelbrecht124s2 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
i don't want to be mean but if any of you guys or gals didn't know there is a send away button. just click on the character in your house(if its your house) it will open a list and one of them is sending away.

Why would anyone think you are rude for pointing that out? It's useful information for homes that have been invaded by strangers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
engelbrecht124s2 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:

Since most of the people who visit us are nice and polite; it never occurred to me to click on them to send them away, but thank you for telling us.