Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown shop improvements

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I really think the crown shop could use a boost, there is simply not enough choice... mostly in weapons/armors and accessories department.

Who ever bought an armor? None of them have a unique look, and nobody use gear without power... I simply find them useless.

There's barely any choice in accessories too, some useless rings with barely any stats on them, just a couple eyepatches or masks...

I'm not asking for overpowered items, but things with unique looks we could stitch with, and maybe decent gear with powers.

Really the only things I ever buy is companions and packs. Ships arent better than the ones we can buy for gold in game, buying gold is useless for a high level player... and I never had the need to buy any potion either.

Sorry if that sounds like a rant, but KI would probably make more money with a much better shop...

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Maybe try opening some packs ? I know they drop some pretty cool loot, and plus you can't beat those Mega Snacks! They've been updating it, don't worry. It just takes a lot of time for them to make sure the items are balanced enough to be put in the game. For now, enjoy the new Astral Unicorn mount!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I could be wrong, but I suspect because of the detailed combat animations, that new-appearance gear takes a fair amount of time to develop. I sure appreciate it when it does make an appearance, though.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
That's a really good idea! I to think the crown shop could use a boost in the clothing department, I think if there were some cool looking gear kinda like the things in the black market like the masks and the master smuggler's gear in the crown shop that you could buy for a reasonable amount of crowns more people would buy crowns so they could spend them on these items. But, I don't think Kingsisle should give these items high stats and defiantly not powers, I just think it would kinda be like cheating. I mean most people spend lot's of time farming for powerful gear and even in the black market you have to pay for items in scrip which you work for so it just doesn't seem fair if you could just buy it for a handful of crowns.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
@Elijah: That's beside the point. I already said I buy packs, its just people would buy more crowns and spend more if there were more items to buy.

@Indigo: Sadly, you could be right. However, if KI wants to make money, then they have to work for it too.

@Marleybone: As I said, it doesnt have to be overpowered gear/powers. What about boots with will/agi/strength buff? Surely that's not op. And there are plenty more powers that are useful and not op... would certainly be better than the bland items currently in stock.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Maybe a mastery patch could be made, like the ones in Wizard101? This idea was brought up to me by a friend, and so I thought it might be nice to suggest it here.

It wouldn't be extremely overpowered, because you'd be sacrificing your own signature abilities for another classes's abilities. The patch would allow you to wear school specific gear of another class, depending on the type of mastery patch. For an example, say you're a Swashbuckler, but you would rather have more Valor's Fortresses and Revives instead of more Swashbuckler based gear and powers. You'd be sacrificing the Swashbuckler based gear for the Privateer equipment. This way, your weapon power would be reduced as well as the amount of your Assassin's Strikes and other Swashbuckler powers. You could now play defensive as a Swashbuckler, sacrificing your damage viability, and Vise Versa with the other schools.

This would allow for more diverse playing style, rather than seeing many players using the same strategies. In my opinion, this opens up many new possibilities for the PvP community. It either would be a one-step-forward, two-steps-back situation, or balance the game a bit more. Just trying to throw some ideas out there.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
The crown shop already has the best shooty/slashy weapon in the game hands down -_-

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
bluba4 on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
The crown shop already has the best shooty/slashy weapon in the game hands down -_-
What does this have to do with the thread? There are weapons that are much better than this crown shop weapon including but not limited to Bound Oni's Bulwark, Staff of Power, Summer Champion's Weapon, Axe of The Minotaur Lords and Dragon-Axe of Doom. I know the combo weapon from the crown shop isn't supposed to be better than these but it doesn't even compare and it's a waste of crowns. They should make it at least decent

Lvl 70

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
What does this have to do with the thread? There are weapons that are much better than this crown shop weapon including but not limited to Bound Oni's Bulwark, Staff of Power, Summer Champion's Weapon, Axe of The Minotaur Lords and Dragon-Axe of Doom. I know the combo weapon from the crown shop isn't supposed to be better than these but it doesn't even compare and it's a waste of crowns. They should make it at least decent

Lvl 70
The difference is, it's a HYBRID weapon. It allows for a unique play style where I can use both melee and ranged epics and abilities. None of the weapons you listed can do that. I put practice points into the musketeer path for a reason and I'm not going to give up my hybrid weapon to improve weapon power or get an ability or two.

That said, it really does stink for those players who run hybrid that the best weapon they could possibly use right now is only available through crowns. Even if I had the crowns, I'm not sure I would buy it because I like playing the game crowns free (except for stitching). What makes it more frustrating is that bucklers got an upgrade on their shooty/stabby weapons in Valencia II but no new shooty/slashy or shooty/staffy weapons were released.

Stats don't always make a weapon better.