Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Heat Metal underpowered

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Hello,
I've done a lot of ranked as a witchdoctor, and see the direction Heat Metal is going, since witch has an extreme weakness to buck. However, I find that it usually does only does around 7-800 damage initially and 200 for 2 turns over time. Its not that this is BAD, but I can do much more with a mojo storm on a scratch buff. All i'm wondering is could there possibly be a way to make this power more viable vs buck in pvp?

A few suggestions:
A greater initial damage count
More damage in the damage over time
A longer damage over time
A debuff on all buccaneer units, such as less damage, less movement, or less strength for 5 turns.
(I really like the debuff idea, as debuffs are a key component of the witch arsenal)

Thank you for reading my suggestions,
Cyrus

Developer
The damage increases the more Armor the target has, so it's hard for me to judge your personal damage reports without knowing what your opponent was like.

But I am open to the idea of increasing its area of effect...

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Ratbeard on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
The damage increases the more Armor the target has, so it's hard for me to judge your personal damage reports without knowing what your opponent was like.

Thanks for the reply,
I've seen Heat Metal do 400 initially and around 120 per turn on a unit like ratbeard, which has around 50 or so armor, so since a buck's pirate has around double that, i just doubled the damage done in total. This is how i gathered the total damage for heat metal on an average buccaneer.

I still think a debuff here would be the best option, but i'd also like to know more about what you mean by increasing heat metal's area of effect, since its already unlimited range. Does this mean something else?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
By the name I thought heat metal would 'melt' armor and therefore reduce armor stat... how about that?

Sure it's not going to help a witch directly, but his/her companions yes.

Or maybe make it so it also reduces resistance.... but then buck have 0 to begin with so yeah.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ratbeard on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:

What do you mean AoE? Heat metal targets the entire enemy team at infinite range. Do you perhaps mean duration of effect?