Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Will match dodging be addressed anytime soon?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Summer season is ending and Fall is just around the corner. I know ratbeard is aware of how people continue to dodge ranked matches and such so i'm just wondering if there is going to be a update in regards to fixing the issues with the current system that people keep exploiting?

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
My best guess is it won't be fixed in time for fall season

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
The queue dodge affects everyone that wants to be pvp and I think many solutions have been discussed by the community so I'm sure the mods have a idea of what to do. So I don't know whats preventing them from implementing it.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Great question, it's honestly a shame the way the latter end of the summer season has gone. I was pumped up and ready to get to champion, but there came a point where I could only pull the very same 3-4 people, all with the same aspiration for getting to champion.

I wish match dodging wasn't as big an issue as it may seem, but it is to the point where I get at LEAST 3 times as many matches abandoned than I actually play. I've done roughly 60 matches this entire season and I'd honestly be baffled if I've had less than 200 matches abandoned this season alone.

Queue times are long enough as is due to lack of players, so to get a match after a good hour just for the opponent to decline is enraging. It usually isn't even a one time thing, I'll get several matches in a span of maybe 10 minutes (after waiting however many hours) and still won't get to play a match. Plenty of potential ones though. >.<

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
What if players were awarded more scrip (win or loss) for waiting longer for a match?

Just kidding... kind of. I really do wish I could do something besides farm Martin Chambers while I wait for matches... For two hours...

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Considering that we haven't even gotten any hints or even awareness of any possible Fall updates I don't think it's appropriate to ask this now.

Ratbeard is well aware of this issue alongside Blast of Discord, he has replied to these directly and such it would surprise me if he didn't even bother attempting to adjust them accordingly in a future update/patch.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I recall there was a update last year a couple of weeks before fall came around however I don't remember one when fall season started

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Sep 13, 2016 wrote:
Considering that we haven't even gotten any hints or even awareness of any possible Fall updates I don't think it's appropriate to ask this now.

Ratbeard is well aware of this issue alongside Blast of Discord, he has replied to these directly and such it would surprise me if he didn't even bother attempting to adjust them accordingly in a future update/patch.
If Ratbeard is able to implement a change in the Ranked PVP queue, then it's possible in the next patch it will be addressed.
Remember, KI upper management must give an "ok" to any changes Ratbeard and the developers/coders decide what would be best to use.
We don't always get hints at changes.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
TechnomagePvP on Sep 13, 2016 wrote:

You're not wrong at all here tech, though my only criticism is there being a "wrong time" to ask about issues. Yes, there are countless threads out there that already express this specific concern, but the more we bring issues like this up front, the more likely they'll be addressed sooner.

It's great and all to have some things at the very least acknowledged, though that extra layer of assurance is far better than being left in the dark for an amount of time we can't be sure of. I know BoD has been directly acknowledged and is being looked at though I can't say I received the same impression of match dodging.

Developer
I don't recall the actual thread title that initiated it, but match dodging, cheat engine, BoD, and FMB all went into the queue-- alongside some age-old fixes (accursed Hydra!) and quite a few new ideas.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
I don't recall the actual thread title that initiated it, but match dodging, cheat engine, BoD, and FMB all went into the queue-- alongside some age-old fixes (accursed Hydra!) and quite a few new ideas.
Thank you ^-^

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
Wait is that why BoD isn't showing up in the first few rounds even if I put it at the top of my skill list or whatever it's called? And what is "match dodging"?

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 17, 2016 wrote:
Wait is that why BoD isn't showing up in the first few rounds even if I put it at the top of my skill list or whatever it's called? And what is "match dodging"?

If BoD isn't showing in the first round, that's just dumb, random luck. Ratbeard hasn't made any changes to Ranked PVP this season yet. And when he does, KI will definitely inform everyone in the Update Notes.
"Match Dodging" is when players decline a Ranked PVP match until they are matched with a friend or themselves ( through an alternative account ) and cheat their way to champion rank.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 17, 2016 wrote:
If BoD isn't showing in the first round, that's just dumb, random luck. Ratbeard hasn't made any changes to Ranked PVP this season yet. And when he does, KI will definitely inform everyone in the Update Notes.
"Match Dodging" is when players decline a Ranked PVP match until they are matched with a friend or themselves ( through an alternative account ) and cheat their way to champion rank.
Ok thank you