Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Rare" Ship Gear

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Ok is there such a thing as rare ship gear? I mean I've never seen rare gear in all my playing of pirate101. And if there were, should there also be rare ships like in boss ship fights you could get rare ships. Heck a new level of ship because there are different ranks of ship. Should it be if they did this a higher rank like I don't know war ship? Like I said all I know is I've never seen rare ship gear

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
It depends on what you mean by rare. All ship gear, besides the new ship horns Maxios and Stheno from The Pretender and bundle ship gear, is auctionable. Some ship gear you can only obtain from bosses, such as the horn of the Kraken. If by rare ship gear you are referring to gear that is only dropped and higher in stats than the common purchase-able ship gear, then yes, there is rare ship gear. In fact, i'm farming for the laurel wheel from the Pretender boss ship in Calabria Skyway right now.

But as far as a different type of ship being dropped, that would be cool!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
Ok is there such a thing as rare ship gear? I mean I've never seen rare gear in all my playing of pirate101. And if there were, should there also be rare ships like in boss ship fights you could get rare ships. Heck a new level of ship because there are different ranks of ship. Should it be if they did this a higher rank like I don't know war ship? Like I said all I know is I've never seen rare ship gear

Yes, you can get rare ship gear as drops - but you have to defeat the ship in broadside combat ( not by boarding).

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
There actually are rare ship items. You usually have to sink boss ships (not board them) to receive the gear. Some of the best nautical items in the game are rare, such as the Horn of the Maxios or Laurel Wheel. However, there aren't any rare ships currently. Basically, save up as much gold as you can and buy one in Florenza and you're good to go!

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Thanks for the info now I just need to look up farming areas on Google, as for the ship part of this um post perhaps I should put it in the ideas about the game post.