Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 10-21-16

AuthorMessage
Hello my wonderful Pirates,

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

Here it is if you missed it: https://youtu.be/TTCd3HVkgh4

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Only one entry per person
- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- You have between now and October 30th, 2016 to make your entry message.
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- The winner will be announced at the end of this thread.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear your wonderful memories!

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!

Ensign
Oct 25, 2013
My favorite memory is the day I got to level 65. I was so happy at the time. I knew that there was more content to come, but reaching, at that time, the max level, gave me a sense of accomplishment. Hope I win. Merciless Billy Clegg.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
What really made this fun back then was the storyline and companions. Especially Monquista when you get tricked by the king and queen and all of monquista goes after you. They even made a bounty out of us XD. Marleybone storyline was just well edited and done. You are part in the war that catbeard (including us) that started this war. You got armada destroying ships and in background and beachead station just destroying ships. You also are part of a courtroom with catbeard. Now as for updates they were amazing.When the summer update came when you guys fixed bladestorm and added extra epic talents that changed everything. Companions were getting riposte 3, first 3, and bladestorm 3. That wasn't possible back then but now it is. You guys did a good job on the ship design in every world. Really made it like your in that world. When ranked pvp came out, I freaked out. I was so happy cause now you can do pvp more seriously. There is also even weapons that changed every season. There's a timer where you can check how many days until that season end which is a great reminder. Valencia part 2 was formatted well even though it was short but that's just me. Now for the unexpected update that just came was just the dreadnaught. As soon it was seen on social media it just blew up on everyone. Pirates every started logging in test realm and started fighting the notorious dreadnaught. The weapons were good as for design and stats. The new pack got me very hype. You can finally get armada companions and wiz weapons. Everyone wanted armada companions back then but it didn't happen until now. The new pack weapons were just amazing. The valor swords are just soooooo cool looking. All this updates made me like this game very much and will always be.

Ensign
May 17, 2011
I would have to say that my favorite memory from the four years of Pirate101 would be me discovering that each of our companions can be kept and made part of our crew forever. It was a subtle memory, but one of my favorites because it made me realize that those we meet, are part of a family. I come from a family that, that's all we have is one another. And it's small, but I love that in Pirate101 when I discovered they could be kept and adventure through the Spiral together, it just made the game that much more enjoyable! Plus finally putting Kane in his place has a special place in my heart, too!

-Sly Alex Holystone

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

I'd have to say some of my favorite memories would have to be adventuring through Aquila and Valencia 2. Both of those hit close to home. I've always been a mythology nerd, I've read Homer's Illiad twice, been born and raised on the tales of the Argo and Hercules. So Aquila was fun for me, especially since I could make so many connections. Valencia 2 was also astoundingly awesome. I'm a bit of a steam/gear punk fan, and this expanded on that platform more. I'd always though about automata, but this brought a new depth to the thought. Instead of a programmed machine, the automata presented had souls. Deacon, Rooke, Bishop. All of them were unique and of their own personality. I only spotted it after the Typhon (I think) encounter. Every member of the Armada is almost their own person. It thrilled me, because although I had entertained an idea like this before, I could never figure out how to truly envision it. So yeah, These two expansions, going through them with my friends, they are some of my favorite memories of Pirate101.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
I made so many good memories because of Pirate101. I developed a relation with all of my characters, found one of my best friends, even made some awesome fanart. I also feel like I made a connection with some of the characters and companions. I really enjoy the KI live and I loved joining in with them fighting Kane. My favorite memory would have to be those friendships that I made. My friends made me really happy while I made them really happy in return. All of my friends inspired me and made me happy. Because of them, I have been making more drawings which I really love to do.

The Kane mask would be perfect for the anime club Halloween party. Thanks so much for this opportunity and good luck for everyone.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
My favorite memory is kind of hard to pin down; there are alot if plot points, places and characters i love in Pirate101. When i first started the game, i really liked customizing my character's backstory. Then, after a while, i remember being in awe about Monquista(i know it gets a bad rep now) but the skys are gorgeous and i couldnt believe how big it was. Learning about our parents as the story went along was really a highlight; i play with my cousin and we always wondered when we entered a new area if we would learn more about them. The ending of Valencia really threw os for a loop. There is just so much more than i can even list here; basically I have loved watching the game change over time and I have loved every moment of playing. So, Thanks KI for the really great game and i hope it continues to get better and better in the years to come!

Ensign
Feb 03, 2009
My favorite memory from pirate101 is when the tribal pack came out, the first pack I opened I got a panther mount, a treasure, two housing items, and one of my favorite companions lemba moonskull. I still have him on my swashbuckler to this day.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I think the best memory I have for the past four years is when the game first launched. There was so much to be excited for with the future uncertain. When I purchased the Boochbeard bundle I knew I was beginning an adventure that would take me across the spiral and into new worlds. The volcano house was so well designed as far as creativity was concerned. A one of a kind parrot mount has made roaming the worlds a breeze. The cat pirate companion still gets great reactions from players.
The friends I have made around the world are a result of this game. I thank Kingsisle for the commitment to this game and to the dedication to our future. I look forward to another four plus years of ducks, cows, and machines to battle. I will continue to be a member and support this great community. Thank you for being so much a part of my life.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My favorite memory is when I found out a friend of many years had passed away. (Sounds very sad and un favoriteish, I know but please bear with me.) I had been chatting with a friend who was in another part of the game when I got the news. I was very careful to not sound overly dramatic, I just mentioned I had received some news and needed to log out. He, knowing me very well knew something was wrong and gently asked what was wrong. I told him and he immediately fled from a boss fight where he had been farming for much desired gear and teleported to me. He just said "Hugs" & "I am here for you" I was beyond touched that my pain was more important to him than any drop. Unbeknownst to me he sent out a message to other dear friends and I was soon surrounded by loving players that cared more about getting me through my grief than playing. I learned that night that this game is not just a game. These players are the family of my heart and they very gently took the best care of that heart and have ever since. I love them all.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2011
Where to start? I used to play wizqrd101 till I started Pirate101, now I seldom play there anymore.
The ship battles are fun but I'd have to say the Aquila quests are my favorite, good drops and great place to collect script. Hydra was tough but once I figured it out it was a fun battle, and the passage took a few tries but is cool solo battle.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
One of my favorite memories from Pirate101 was playing a PVP match with a friend, we used to have so much fun together and we even did challenges such as captains only (no companions), Privateer companions only etc. and I have a funny moment to share.

My friend wanted to test out the Kraken doubloon he bought in the black market, so he asked if we could play a match to see what it can do and I said "alright". We went to the Brawling Hall to fight (Before Ranked PVP arrived of course) and the rules were, no companions and doubloons could be used in battle. The match ended up being wild, most of the board was filled with summoned minions and I was surrounded by skeletons but they couldn't hit me due to Elusive 3. I managed to kill all the minions but my health was extremely low, and because it was a match just for fun, my friend summoned a skeleton gunner (He was a Witchdoctor) to kill me.

He said, "I hope you enjoy eating spark powder lol. Bone appetit.". When it was the minion's turn, it literally ran away from me and my friend screamed "NO MINION NO" and I couldn't stop laughing. I ended up getting killed a few turns later but the funniest part was, despite how long the match lasted,the Kraken doubloon didn't show up at all. Regardless of what happened, we had a great time together and my friend thanked me for trying to help him.

Ensign
Apr 22, 2011
First of all, I think this is amazing for what you are doing for the 4th birthday of Pirate101! This item will mean so much to the dear pirate who earns it.
Out of the years of pirate, the one thing I love above all else is the reason why we become the pirate we are. The pirate on a journey to locate his mother and father, but yet to have them to forget about the one area you are destined to go (spoilers). My first play through of pirate brought me through emotions I didn't get much of in wizard. The game made you feel like you had a family with being an orphan, and the ending to Valencia P2 shows this.

I've never been so excited for a game related item this badly. Pirate and Kingsisle ent. have been so great part of my life and achieving an item of this merit will bring me happiness.

Good luck to all the pirates in this raffle
-Hunter

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Oh boy. If I had to choose a favorite moment it would honestly just be discovering and playing the game for the very first time. Normally I'm not the biggest fan of pirate games in general but since this was a Kingsisle game I went ahead and tried it out. And boy am I glad that I did. I don't care what anyone says, this is not your traditional pirate game in any way, shape or form. From the characters to the dialogue to the humor, it's all of those very unique elements that come together to create a very amazing game despite some of the faults that it has (but really though, what game doesn't have its fair share of faults here and there honestly?),

Ensign
Mar 09, 2014
Of all the times I've played Pirate101 I'd say one of the best was when the new update on Marleybone and Aquila, and the better hud display. This was when I had first started playing p101, and so even though I was late in the game, I immediately became entranced by the lore and story. I would literally play Pirates of the Caribbean music while playing with my musketeer. I had then decided to make some fan fiction, although disappointed that it is no longer posted on P101 am still happy that the community doesn't stop and continues on fan sites. And so I'd say I got into the P101 community on twitter and fan sites and had much yoho's with the people and events on there. So Happy I met this community and decided to give this game a chance.
And this chance led me to a great community that plays games and events for prizes, such as stinky pirates, one of my favorite games to play. Events that are just sponsored by the community are also fun with the twitch events. I have to say it has been a good time while being in the pirate101 community and actually has led me to play wizard101 to learn more about the p101 world, even though reversed, they are both great games that I enjoy to the fullest.
-Sly Justin Young Lvl 70 Royal Engineer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Rules are as follows:

Oh I have so many favorite memories, Ms. Rubin! From the very beginning when I got to play a week early by using a game card and logging on to create my first pirate. I choose my parents to die by Skysquid, it tickled my funny bone, especially Gandry's comment of "It happens all the time."
Then meeting the wonderful posters here on the message boards, with their great advice and funny comments, I felt that I found a home.
The best memory though was last year - I was running the Tower of Moo Manchu in the hope of gaining that "Master of Moo" badge and the super support I got from other players who wanted to join me in my quest for it. I achieved that badge on my birthday!
Keep up the excellent standards of KingsIsle, this game is the best MMO I've played. Great story line, awesome writing, wonderful characters, splendid, fully realized worlds, music and sound effects, I could go on, but I must adhere to your request.
Fair Sailing, KingsIsle!

Ensign
Feb 07, 2011
I found it difficult to pick just one of many memories from the game in it's 4 years, from seeing Mooshu from a different viewpoint to the war in Marleybone, but in the end, my favorite memory of the game has to go to the initial first few hours of the game ( lets say Skull Island to Monqustia) , back before the launch i was excited for a this new game as it was, and it was the first few hours that got me to stick around, from the get-go the story managed to get me invested since it felt like my character had a reason to be fighting against the armada, coupled with the well-executed pirate themed starting world, and more mature story compered to the wizard counterpart that felt more fleshed out, kept me excited to see what would come next, same with the companions , I couldn't wait to find out who would join my ragtag team looking for gold next, and that excitement was increased tenfold when i found out there was promotion quests that let us get to know our little family even more and see their appearance and title change to show the feats we overcame with them, all these little things to me added to the immersion that my Pirate was forming their own crew in a race against time ( and silver bufaalons)

I'd like to thank you guys for this raffle, and the team that continues to work on the mmos, to 4 years, and hopefully many more

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

Rules are as follows:

I think my favorite moment in the past 4 years that I've played Pirate101 was first entering Marleybone. No one was in the skyway, and for around 10 blissful minutes, I got to listen to some of the most epic skyway music ever in one of my favorite worlds, watched Beachhead open fire on Royal Navy ships and on Marleybone City, and saw Armada ships and Marleybonian ships duke it out in fights across the skyway....all without seeing a single chat bubble or watching a player ship sail by. It made me realize just how foolish Catbeard had been in pitting Marleybone against the Armada......

Ensign
Apr 28, 2010
I've had some great times with my mateys over these past four years. Funnily enough, for my narrative essay test last week I wrote about an adventure a friend and I had in Valencia trying to solve Willowdreamer's Valencia crossword puzzle this last summer (which net me a 100%; my teacher's as huge a nerd as I am and found the experience to be a real hoot).

I can name a lot of interesting moments off the top of my head but what is probably my favorite memory in Pirate101 is beating Rooke for the first time. I had enjoyed P101 greatly for its first 50 levels but Marleybone was something else entirely. Everything from the atmosphere, the music and the story all the way to the challenge was breathtaking. Regrettably, I didn't get a sub for Test Realm so when it ran out literally a day in, I had to satisfy myself with having just beaten St. Fido's Church (back when it was all one long instance, with many more fights) while waiting for class to end and have an excuse to ask for a membership. About a day after Test went live (and impulsively buying Port Regal with Crowns because... reasons), I got a sub and set off to Marleybone. As I said, it was spectacular. But, the battle at the Wreck of Victory was special. Despite Rooke not having the buildup Deacon had, his encounter felt just as powerful. The stakes felt very real and I genuinely wanted to reclaim peace for Marleybone. At this point my best friend had only just started playing so he wasn't present for this fight but we've fought Rooke together many times since.

In summary, my first fight with Rooke (and most subsequent since, when I wasn't raging about not getting his Bulwark for the umpteenth time) is my favorite memory in P101. I hope to have more intense fights where the stakes are through the roof moving forward.

Community Leader
Wow, so many great memories. The launch party in Avery Court, we counted down to the second as we all got kicked out of Beta, you could hear the community go quite as we waiting for the launch. The joy we all had when we all hit the skyways. All the amazing ships! Defeating Stupendor-X , never thought I would get through that and the feeling I got when I did.

First time I saw Cool Ranch, I actually made a song for it called "Home in the Sky" .My favorite world is Marleybone. The buildings and atmosphere are simply gorgeous. I can never say it enough, to all my friends I have made and to KingsIsle what an amazing experience it all has been . Raise a bottle of yum for many years to come.

Perilous Paige

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Oct 31, 2009
When I finally got through Cool Ranch part2 Marly bone, and Aquila In one week excluding the weekend at the end of last school year

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
JR Henry on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
I would have to say that my favorite memory from the four years of Pirate101 would be me discovering that each of our companions can be kept and made part of our crew forever. It was a subtle memory, but one of my favorites because it made me realize that those we meet, are part of a family. I come from a family that, that's all we have is one another. And it's small, but I love that in Pirate101 when I discovered they could be kept and adventure through the Spiral together, it just made the game that much more enjoyable! Plus finally putting Kane in his place has a special place in my heart, too!

-Sly Alex Holystone
Welcome to the message boards JR Henry. I totally agree with you. We are one, wonderful, piratical family.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
MelissaDarksong on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
My favorite memory is kind of hard to pin down; there are alot if plot points, places and characters i love in Pirate101. When i first started the game, i really liked customizing my character's backstory. Then, after a while, i remember being in awe about Monquista(i know it gets a bad rep now) but the skys are gorgeous and i couldnt believe how big it was. Learning about our parents as the story went along was really a highlight; i play with my cousin and we always wondered when we entered a new area if we would learn more about them. The ending of Valencia really threw os for a loop. There is just so much more than i can even list here; basically I have loved watching the game change over time and I have loved every moment of playing. So, Thanks KI for the really great game and i hope it continues to get better and better in the years to come!
Welcome to the message boards Melissa. You have many of the same wonderful memories I do.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
WolfDeathShield on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
My favorite memory from pirate101 is when the tribal pack came out, the first pack I opened I got a panther mount, a treasure, two housing items, and one of my favorite companions lemba moonskull. I still have him on my swashbuckler to this day.
Welcome to the message boards Wolf. I have Lambra too and he is on my A list crew for sure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
rude dawg on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Where to start? I used to play wizqrd101 till I started Pirate101, now I seldom play there anymore.
The ship battles are fun but I'd have to say the Aquila quests are my favorite, good drops and great place to collect script. Hydra was tough but once I figured it out it was a fun battle, and the passage took a few tries but is cool solo battle.
Welcome to the Message boards Rude Dawg. We pirates are expert kidnappers at that and we are not afraid to snatch a few wizards.