Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Moo Manchu and the Problem with Trolls

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 22, 2010
Normally, I don't make comments on here, but I felt that I had to today. I've done the Tower of Moo Manchu several times, but today I came across a player that decided to troll us. What do I mean by troll? Let me tell you exactly what this player did. The worst example of this player's trolling is in the final fight of the dungeon. She sent her character, which is a level 53 Witchdoctor with Witch Hunter as a talent and Phule's wand, and with the Nefarious Sixth badge, in range of Moo Manchu. Players experienced with Moo's cheats will know where this is going. Every turn, she would get charmed by Moo, from Moo attacking her and her Witch Hunter talent triggering Moo's charm, and use doubloons against us. By the end of the fight, it was down to my Old Scratch versus Moo and a few minions that she had summoned. The summoned minions killed Old Scratch at the end, and when we traveled back up the tower, she laughed at us using the menu chat, as if to say she'd won. She went back into the fight with us, but this time, I went into the fight one turn after everyone else had, knowing that she would try to troll again. Luckily, by going into the fight on the second turn, it spawned me closer to Moo and a few of his Warriors, and I could summon my Bone Drake (this is all on my Witchdoctor, by the way) to keep Moo busy, while I focused on the Warriors near me, and the other two players, both Swashbucklers at or above level 65, could focus on everything else. Moo attacked the Bone Drake for a few turns, and it didn't allow her as much time as in the last attempt to be charmed and summon minions to fight us. This time we won against Moo, by eliminating all the other units from the field, and knocking her out while she was in the Charmed state before going after Moo. I don't know the other two players at all, but we all decided to place the troll person on our ignore lists.
Now, I will say that this isn't exactly an isolated case, either. On my first attempt at a Tower run on my Witchdoctor (I had done it several times on my Buccaneer and Privateer previously), someone had done the Witch Hunter charm trigger accidentally, and then a very strange glitch occurred. One of the players on this particular run attacked Moo with one of the damage over time attacks (it could've been Mournsong, Soulreaver, Back Stab or Assassin's Strike; I forgot which one) while the constantly charmed player was charmed and at ZERO health, and when Moo was at low health. The actual attack didn't knock out Moo, but then the player that did the damage over time attack left the fight. Somehow, that player's damage over time knocked out Moo, but it left the charmed player permanently charmed. We were stuck in limbo at that point; the fight continued with the player being stuck in the charmed state, and myself and the other remaining player being unable to attack the charmed player, because the player had no health left on their character. (To be continued with talk of possible solutions.)

Ensign
Aug 22, 2010
(Continuation) (I wrote this in The Shipyards because of what I have to write in this second post, but I see why it was moved over to The Bilge Pump. I felt that it would not have been a good idea to write 2 separate posts pertaining to a single fight in the game.) In other words, by the player that attacked Moo with a damage over time attack leaving, they created a game-breaking glitch that forced the rest of us to flee the Tower, and therefore miss out on all of the loot for that attempt, without any way to get back to Moo (because fleeing from a fight within the tower prevents you from going back in from where you left off).

Below, I've come up with a few possible solutions to these issues:

1. The most obvious would be to remove Moo's charm (just the potion and Faye's charm, which both occur on the eighth floor versus the Nefarious Five, are enough of a possible troll to players, in my opinion. I know, this would completely change the workings of the Nefarious Sixth badge, and the risks that come with it, but think of it this way: Most max level players use the Tower gear in some way; especially in PvP, the very pinnacle of Pirate101 at the moment. Just ask any max level player that has gotten to rank Champion if they think they could get there again without using Tower gear (Privateers need Valor's Fortress, and so on, plus the Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu are a really good item for summon spammers in PvP). I've seen other players do the exact same method of getting their character charmed by Moo, on purpose, mind you, so it's not just one person who is doing it. Having it be an option where players could troll others into quitting farming does not set a good mood for the game. (Sorry for the long posts; there is no way that I can condense all this.) (To be continued with talk of removing charmed player doubloon use, and other solutions.)

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Wow that was a really bad pirate in your group. Its bad enough with people dropping out during tower runs, but to go out of your way to harm your group that's rough. Hope you don't have that problem again.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
LegendaryM7 on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
(Continuation) (I wrote this in The Shipyards because of what I have to write in this second post, but I see why it was moved over to The Bilge Pump. I felt that it would not have been a good idea to write 2 separate posts pertaining to a single fight in the game.) In other words, by the player that attacked Moo with a damage over time attack leaving, they created a game-breaking glitch that forced the rest of us to flee the Tower, and therefore miss out on all of the loot for that attempt, without any way to get back to Moo (because fleeing from a fight within the tower prevents you from going back in from where you left off).

1. The most obvious would be to remove Moo's charm (just the potion and Faye's charm, which both occur on the eighth floor versus the Nefarious Five, are enough of a possible troll to players, in my opinion. I know, this would completely change the workings of the Nefarious Sixth badge, and the risks that come with it, but think of it this way: Most max level players use the Tower gear in some way; especially in PvP, the very pinnacle of Pirate101 at the moment. Just ask any max level player that has gotten to rank Champion if they think they could get there again without using Tower gear (Privateers need Valor's Fortress, and so on, plus the Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu are a really good item for summon spammers in PvP). I've seen other players do the exact same method of getting their character charmed by Moo, on purpose, mind you, so it's not just one person who is doing it. Having it be an option where players could troll others into quitting farming does not set a good mood for the game. (Sorry for the long posts; there is no way that I can condense all this.) (To be continued with talk of removing charmed player doubloon use, and other solutions.)
Could get there with out tower gear in fact that's what I'll be doing on my buck once he is maxed

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
LegendaryM7 on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:

Although I've read your post with much sympathy ( and I thought I had met every kind of troll in that Tower ) I must disagree with removing Nefarious Charm from Moo Manchu. This Boss Cheat makes sense. It shows the consequence of using something offered by an enemy.
I haven't met a deliberate "Charming Troll" in any team up, accidental ones, yes. I've also met a few who use the Elixir with the Nefarious badge ( I have the Master of Moo badge, my WD has 82 complete runs as well as my other 4 pirates having at least 20 runs, also ). This indicates to me that your encounter with this kind of troll is very rare.
Now, as for Moo gear being the best in game and especially useful in PVP - this is no longer the case. The Crown and Boots of Moo's gear are still banned from ranked PVP, the only item of possible use is Moo's Robes; but the terror-cotta summons are now linked to Will. It's no longer the "must have" for victory it once was.
If your team up mate decides to be a jerk there is really nothing you can do about it - just remember their name and decline any team ups with them ( warn your friends against this troll, too. )