Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

150+ Farming Runs Support Group :D

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Whether it be Captain Bloods Jacket, a nefarious five weapon or that certain drop you need for PvP, we all have something we want and we are not getting. In my case it would be Kane's Mask. This thread is for pirates who have done 150+ runs of a dungeon or are close to this mark and have not got the drop they want. I know the feeling of doing run after run after run and not getting what you seek; the feeling that hard work yields nothing but trash and endless disappointment. The feeling that everyone else has had the item you seek far far earlier. As I type this my friend has recieved yet another Kane's mask, yes at this very moment. I chose not to do a run with him due to tiredness then and guess what, it dropped .
But I am not extremely angry or sad. I am only here to support fellow pirates like me, who are getting irritated that so much time and effort yields nothing but brabanti boots and fish fingers. We all know drop rates are never gonna increase with hard work; it never will. Lady Luck does not reward hard work, her ways are random. In all honesty she probably does not care about you. But if we stick together and care about each other we can endure this. Don't make farming an obsession, limit your self. Take a break, enjoy some time outside and play football with friends or go for a stroll if you are on the elderly pirate. I have not met a single pirate who has done more Kane Runs then me without getting a desired drop but I know they are here. If you are getting stressed let your stress out here. Be calm. Acknowledge the feeling that you may never get the drop you seek soon. If you are feeling stressed about this feeling express yourself here, for in all honesty you may never actually get it soon despite doing 150+ runs. It may take as long as a 1000 runs in the case of my friend. Do not play 8+ hours a day, your mental and physical health is more important than a drop in a game. In due time hopefully you will get the drop you have long sought out for. Until then let your feelings of stress out here in regards to your desired drop, for you are not the only one going through this. And then if you feel like the pursuit of farming is destroying you, stop farming and explore some other aspects in the game. House decorating is fun.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Whether it be Captain Bloods Jacket, a nefarious five weapon or that certain drop you need for PvP, we all have something we want and we are not getting. In my case it would be Kane's Mask. This thread is for pirates who have done 150+ runs of a dungeon or are close to this mark and have not got the drop they want. I know the feeling of doing run after run after run and not getting what you seek; the feeling that hard work yields nothing but trash and endless disappointment. The feeling that everyone else has had the item you seek far far earlier. As I type this my friend has recieved yet another Kane's mask, yes at this very moment. I chose not to do a run with him due to tiredness then and guess what, it dropped .
But I am not extremely angry or sad. I am only here to support fellow pirates like me, who are getting irritated that so much time and effort yields nothing but brabanti boots and fish fingers. We all know drop rates are never gonna increase with hard work; it never will. Lady Luck does not reward hard work, her ways are random. In all honesty she probably does not care about you. But if we stick together and care about each other we can endure this. Don't make farming an obsession, limit your self. Take a break, enjoy some time outside and play football with friends or go for a stroll if you are on the elderly pirate. I have not met a single pirate who has done more Kane Runs then me without getting a desired drop but I know they are here. If you are getting stressed let your stress out here. Be calm. Acknowledge the feeling that you may never get the drop you seek soon. If you are feeling stressed about this feeling express yourself here, for in all honesty you may never actually get it soon despite doing 150+ runs. It may take as long as a 1000 runs in the case of my friend. Do not play 8+ hours a day, your mental and physical health is more important than a drop in a game. In due time hopefully you will get the drop you have long sought out for. Until then let your feelings of stress out here in regards to your desired drop, for you are not the only one going through this. And then if you feel like the pursuit of farming is destroying you, stop farming and explore some other aspects in the game. House decorating is fun.
Thanks for the smile, Golden Guardian.
I did make a comment to a friend as I was farming Miranda for the ( thousandth time? ) that I would most probably die of shock if Blood's jacket dropped for me. He said "Please don't". After the battle ( with no results ) I told him my life was safe for another day!
Just keep a positive attitude.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
After 236 runs(and that's just the ones I've counted) rooke's axe, hat and the schemer's eyepatch still elude me. I don't know what it's gonna take and my hope is pretty much gone but I still do it every once in a while to no avail.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Y'all are much more determined than I am. I did 150+ runs of Gortez, trying to get his axe (this was before he dropped a cool pet) and never got it.

I gave up...

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
After 236 runs(and that's just the ones I've counted) rooke's axe, hat and the schemer's eyepatch still elude me. I don't know what it's gonna take and my hope is pretty much gone but I still do it every once in a while to no avail.
Man that sucks. 236+ runs without even getting one of your desired drops . And the wreck of the victory is a massive dungeon as well. Unfortunately all I have the power to say is keep going even though it may mean nothing after so many runs. I too am starting to do Kane with no avail. However I maybe able to help you with this schemers eyepatch you seek. I have recieved it once before (and double checked it on Central) that the eyepatch can also be dropped from Tyler. Tyler is a far easier and quicker fight than rooke although the drop rates are probably the same. Sometimes I do wish the drop rates increase every 50 runs or so by a percent or a few just for pirates like you. 236+ is insane and not getting any of your drops is horrible.

Today I found a pirate that got her Kane's mask in run 170 or so (I will approach this eventually). I think I will break her record for most Kane runs without that mask dropping although I would prefer not to. Hopefully we both get our drops soon fellow pirate , and even if we don't... well let's enjoy the company of other fellow potatoes.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
236 runs, wow that's serious determination. Do you even think 500 runs would get you what you are looking for?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
"A quitter never wins and a winner never quits."
"Hope springs eternal in the Human breast."
What if you stopped farming and the next run was the run that would drop that item?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Man that sucks. 236+ runs without even getting one of your desired drops . And the wreck of the victory is a massive dungeon as well. Unfortunately all I have the power to say is keep going even though it may mean nothing after so many runs. I too am starting to do Kane with no avail. However I maybe able to help you with this schemers eyepatch you seek. I have recieved it once before (and double checked it on Central) that the eyepatch can also be dropped from Tyler. Tyler is a far easier and quicker fight than rooke although the drop rates are probably the same. Sometimes I do wish the drop rates increase every 50 runs or so by a percent or a few just for pirates like you. 236+ is insane and not getting any of your drops is horrible.

Today I found a pirate that got her Kane's mask in run 170 or so (I will approach this eventually). I think I will break her record for most Kane runs without that mask dropping although I would prefer not to. Hopefully we both get our drops soon fellow pirate , and even if we don't... well let's enjoy the company of other fellow potatoes.
Believe me, Tyler has received a fair amount of whooping from me.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
There are 2 things that drain hope from me a lot in regards to farming:

1.) Meeting players who got a lot of my desired drops relatively quickly. I have met more and more players in my Kane runs who got the mask well before the nightmare badge whilst I have at least recieved the nightmare badge 3 times (150+ runs). Some have even recieved multiple masks.

2.) Close friends who I have farmed with 99% of the time getting the mask without me. Many of my pirate friends have done less than 100 runs of Kane and are mentally exhausted. Quite a bit of my friends have given up and just do the dungeon for fun. Many have said that when they get the mask they will stop Kane forever. My biggest fear is I will lose my farming group. Knowing my string of luck recently it is very likely they will get it without me and doing it with strangers won't yield the same effect since I have worked so long with my friends. It is almost as if Count Olaf has decided to bug me for some reason. They will probably shift their attention once again to moo and dreadnought or smugglers and I will be empty. The sad thing about this game is farming seems to be the main activity for level 70 pirates. I do help people and do let them visit my house although farming still takes up most of my time. Only one or 2 friends still help me and they have the mask already but it's not thier primary concern naturally.

So if anyone can help me overcome these worries in regards to farming that would be greatly appreciated. I will never ever feel angry or irritated at friends or pirates who have the mask, I am very happy they got such a rare drop so fast. That is a wrong and deadly thought and if you feel that try and overcome it. However nonetheless it is still a punch in my gut for all the time, effort and and gold payments to MoneyMugger Mitch I put in. Once again to any pirate who has done so many runs, I am there for you. I know the feeling. Fair sailing, and may our desired drops actually become drops.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
One day the sun will shine on me as I exit the Tower of Moo Manchu in the Paths of Penance donning The Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu! Must be close too 150 runs?

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy! Stormy Elijah Silver, max level Swashbuckler here. As a max level, I know the pain of having to farm the same boss again and again and again to get the drop you want. It's a pain, I know, just ask me about my Phule wand dilemma. I farmed Phule for about 3 months and tallied to about 1000 Phule runs total to get his wand to finally drop. A farming group sounds like an excellent idea and I'd be more than happy to join it. Pirates should work together to get the drops that they want and celebrate when their desired item finally drops. I know that I was literally overjoyed and gasping for air when my Phule wand finally dropped. Kane's mask, on the other hand, me and my friend Golden Warrior or Silver Dino Hawkins as he is known in game, have farmed for it forever and it still has not dropped! We just get the same usual trash that we always get. It is hard work and a farming group will definitely work out for everyone in the long run. Better 4 pirates get Kane's Mask than just one. I'd rather see the big smile on everyone's face when the group does indeed get Kane's mask. Good luck farming everyone, and may lady luck smile in your favor. All the best to every fellow pirate out there and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy! Hello again, my fellow pirates, Stormy Elijah Silver here with some troubling news. For those of you who do not know who I am, I am a max level Swashbuckler. You guys might have seen me around Avery's Court every now and then. Today, I am posting with some disturbing news about the drop rates. Ok, so I have been farming Captain Blood for about 2 years now and I have tallied more than 2000 runs total for his Jacket. Two whole years of farming for one Jacket. Let that sink in for a bit. What do I have to show after two years of farming Captain Blood? Well, I have Captain Blood's Hook, Captain Blood's with his Reaver, and Captain Blood's Boots. I do not have his Jacket yet after two years of farming, but other people seem to get it easily from the second chance chest. This leads me to believe that the Jacket is only obtainable through Captain Blood's second chance chest and those who open a few chests and do another Miranda run have a better chance of getting the Jacket. I don't think that it's fair that Captain Blood's Jacket has such a low drop rate! I want other pirates to be able to get the Blood Flames Jacket, but sadly, that is not the case since it is such a rare drop. On top of that, Miranda is such a long dungeon to farm. It has too many tasks that you need to do before Captain Blood shows himself. Anyways, good luck to everyone farming out there for Captain Blood's Jacket. Lady Luck doesn't seem to reward my hard work and Captain Blood just seems to taunt me with his weapons, his boots, and the rest either trash or your typical rank one fish fingers pet snack. Thanks and best of luck to everyone out there!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I, too, have had rotten luck when farming Miranda. I don't believe, however, that Blood's Jacket is only available through his chest. I'm sure I know a few pirates who got it through the boss battle.
Miranda isn't a long dungeon at all compared too, oh, Moo's Tower? ( lol ) or General Tso? I can usually run Miranda in 16-20 minutes. And most of the "fights" ( only 3 of those plus Blood's fight ) are very short - never lasts beyond 1 and a half rounds. So it's not long, just boring.
Tally:
Blood's Hat ( 2 )
Blood's Boots ( 2 )
Blood's Reaver ( 2 )
Blood's Hook ( 2 - one from the SCC. )
The easiest farming I've had was English Bill. In one four hr. period, I walked away with his complete outfit ( not the Deathdealers, but I didn't want those. )
So may luck smile on all. Share some of your success stories as well, mates!

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
anecorbie on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
I, too, have had rotten luck when farming Miranda. I don't believe, however, that Blood's Jacket is only available through his chest. I'm sure I know a few pirates who got it through the boss battle.
Miranda isn't a long dungeon at all compared too, oh, Moo's Tower? ( lol ) or General Tso? I can usually run Miranda in 16-20 minutes. And most of the "fights" ( only 3 of those plus Blood's fight ) are very short - never lasts beyond 1 and a half rounds. So it's not long, just boring.
Tally:
Blood's Hat ( 2 )
Blood's Boots ( 2 )
Blood's Reaver ( 2 )
Blood's Hook ( 2 - one from the SCC. )
The easiest farming I've had was English Bill. In one four hr. period, I walked away with his complete outfit ( not the Deathdealers, but I didn't want those. )
So may luck smile on all. Share some of your success stories as well, mates!
I agree with you, anecorbie. I farmed English Bill for about nine hours straight and I walked away with not only English Bill's complete outfit, plus the guns, but he also dropped the Rogue's Range housing game for me and not from a Group Plunder chest either. I got Rogue's Range housing game from English Bill as a regular drop. Captain Blood, on the other hand, I am not so lucky with. I've farmed him for two years and done more than 2000+ Miranda runs, but no Jacket yet. My tally is as follows on this date of January 22, 2017:
Captain Blood's Hat (0)
Captain Blood's Jacket (0)
Captain Blood's Boots (1)
Captain Blood's Reaver (1)
Captain Blood's Hook (1)

Keep in mind that none of these drops that I have gotten were from Captain Blood's second chance chest. They're all legitimate drops from Captain Blood himself. This being said, I wish you and all other fellow pirates out there the best of luck farming for Captain Blood's Jacket.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy! Hello again, my fellow pirates, Stormy Elijah Silver here with some troubling news. For those of you who do not know who I am, I am a max level Swashbuckler. You guys might have seen me around Avery's Court every now and then. Today, I am posting with some disturbing news about the drop rates. Ok, so I have been farming Captain Blood for about 2 years now and I have tallied more than 2000 runs total for his Jacket. Two whole years of farming for one Jacket. Let that sink in for a bit. What do I have to show after two years of farming Captain Blood? Well, I have Captain Blood's Hook, Captain Blood's with his Reaver, and Captain Blood's Boots. I do not have his Jacket yet after two years of farming, but other people seem to get it easily from the second chance chest. This leads me to believe that the Jacket is only obtainable through Captain Blood's second chance chest and those who open a few chests and do another Miranda run have a better chance of getting the Jacket. I don't think that it's fair that Captain Blood's Jacket has such a low drop rate! I want other pirates to be able to get the Blood Flames Jacket, but sadly, that is not the case since it is such a rare drop. On top of that, Miranda is such a long dungeon to farm. It has too many tasks that you need to do before Captain Blood shows himself. Anyways, good luck to everyone farming out there for Captain Blood's Jacket. Lady Luck doesn't seem to reward my hard work and Captain Blood just seems to taunt me with his weapons, his boots, and the rest either trash or your typical rank one fish fingers pet snack. Thanks and best of luck to everyone out there!
If anyone deserves a bit of luck it's you! 2000 runs is more than insane and such determination is awe-inspiring. I hope the item that continually eludes you presents itself soon, and I guess the best I can say is good luck!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sharing a success story:
I have my buccaneer farming the Metal Guardian in Maruzami Castle. I like the looks of his gear. Yesterday on my fifth run ( total ) of this dungeon, I got the Metal Guardian's boots, hmmm I think this guy may be en par with English Bill.
Good Luck to all in your endeavors and never say "I quit"!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Marleybone073 on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
If anyone deserves a bit of luck it's you! 2000 runs is more than insane and such determination is awe-inspiring. I hope the item that continually eludes you presents itself soon, and I guess the best I can say is good luck!
Personally I think 2000 blood runs without getting the Jacket is over the top and ridiculous. I am advocating for a drop rate increase of perhaps 0.35% every 200 runs until a player reaches the my suggested max possible drop rate of 3% maybe even 4% FOR DROPS NOT already gotten. Keep in mind this is every 200 runs respect to blood- suggested increase for drop rates based on runs may differ by dungeon. For Kane it should be every 85 runs imo. Most people give up at 100 runs but for pirates who continue to what my friend has done (2000+ runs over the course of years), unfortunate luck just becomes beyond disrespectful to the effort the player has put in. He is at an extreme. Most players are bound to get the jacket in under 300 goes, but he has gone well past 2000. At this rate he will approach 3000 runs in the late part of the year. Is the jacket bound to drop before then? Well based on previous "luck", probably not. It is also very annoying for me to see a lot of players claiming "oh bloods Jacket is easy to drop everyone should have it" when they probably got it under 100 goes, whilst seeing my friend put far more effort and far more time into it over YEARS and getting nothing. Whilst he is inspirational, it isn't fair for him.

Let's be honest, hard work should at least have some input into drop rates. This is getting very annoying. 200 runs of blood is a lot and should be worthy for a drop rate increase. I myself am approaching 200 runs of Kane without the mask dropping and I have not met a single pirate now who has done more runs of Kane in a row without getting the mask. If you know someone who has done more please tell. If someone got it in 250 goes or so that will be motivation and support for me. Otherwise I hold a record for now.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
I have been pretty luck with Blood. What I have noticed is it seems best to do with one other player. A good sign is in the previous miranda encounters not much gear was dropped and if it was it was a jacket of some sort. When you defeat Blood if the jacket does not drop try the loot chest if it is dropping jackets try the chest a few more times. Not sure if this helps but that is what I have noticed?

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
What's vexing me right now is Underdogs Cleaver! Does anybody have it?

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Golden Guardian on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
Personally I think 2000 blood runs without getting the Jacket is over the top and ridiculous. I am advocating for a drop rate increase of perhaps 0.35% every 200 runs until a player reaches the my suggested max possible drop rate of 3% maybe even 4% FOR DROPS NOT already gotten. Keep in mind this is every 200 runs respect to blood- suggested increase for drop rates based on runs may differ by dungeon. For Kane it should be every 85 runs imo. Most people give up at 100 runs but for pirates who continue to what my friend has done (2000+ runs over the course of years), unfortunate luck just becomes beyond disrespectful to the effort the player has put in. He is at an extreme. Most players are bound to get the jacket in under 300 goes, but he has gone well past 2000. At this rate he will approach 3000 runs in the late part of the year. Is the jacket bound to drop before then? Well based on previous "luck", probably not. It is also very annoying for me to see a lot of players claiming "oh bloods Jacket is easy to drop everyone should have it" when they probably got it under 100 goes, whilst seeing my friend put far more effort and far more time into it over YEARS and getting nothing. Whilst he is inspirational, it isn't fair for him.

Let's be honest, hard work should at least have some input into drop rates. This is getting very annoying. 200 runs of blood is a lot and should be worthy for a drop rate increase. I myself am approaching 200 runs of Kane without the mask dropping and I have not met a single pirate now who has done more runs of Kane in a row without getting the mask. If you know someone who has done more please tell. If someone got it in 250 goes or so that will be motivation and support for me. Otherwise I hold a record for now.
It is true! I am the friend that he is referring to in this post, Stormy Elijah Silver max level Swashbuckler. I have farmed the Miranda dungeon for about 2 years. This year, 2017 will be my 3rd year in Miranda. Miranda is a long and annoying dungeon to farm and I also hate the fact that Captain Blood taunts me with his drops. I've gotten everything except his Jacket and all without second chance chests. Please, for the love of the holy Monquisition, please please please raise the drop rate on Captain Blood's Jacket or at least shorten the Miranda dungeon a bit so I can farm it faster. Out of 2 years of farming and about 2000 Blood runs, this is an update to what I have gotten from him, all without second chance chests.

Captain Blood's Hat (1)
Captain Blood's Boots (3)
Captain Blood's Hook (1)

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Level 70 Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:

Agreed, 2000+ runs and nearly 3 years total spent farming for a single item is ludicrous. In your case, farming Kane, 200 runs is a crazy amount already, as Kane is, most definitely, not an easy dungeon. I wish both of you the best of luck, and maybe one of these days the items you seek will finally appear in your packs. (BTW, I can't say I know any one with a run tally outnumbering yours either.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sensible Seamus on Jan 29, 2017 wrote:
What's vexing me right now is Underdogs Cleaver! Does anybody have it?
Yep

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
It is true! I am the friend that he is referring to in this post, Stormy Elijah Silver max level Swashbuckler. I have farmed the Miranda dungeon for about 2 years. This year, 2017 will be my 3rd year in Miranda. Miranda is a long and annoying dungeon to farm and I also hate the fact that Captain Blood taunts me with his drops. I've gotten everything except his Jacket and all without second chance chests. Please, for the love of the holy Monquisition, please please please raise the drop rate on Captain Blood's Jacket or at least shorten the Miranda dungeon a bit so I can farm it faster. Out of 2 years of farming and about 2000 Blood runs, this is an update to what I have gotten from him, all without second chance chests.

Captain Blood's Hat (1)
Captain Blood's Boots (3)
Captain Blood's Hook (1)

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Level 70 Swashbuckler
I don't know why players keep saying that Miranda is long and ask for it to be shortened. It's been shortened and can't be shortened much more.
It's an annoying dungeon, that I'll grant, I've muted the dialogue to end that annoyance factor.
I wonder if KI developers are now kicking themselves over making this gear? It's the single most "OP" piece of equipment in the game - it's so OP that it's been banned for Ranked PVP and it's still useful in PVE combat far beyond the level you receive it.
Which, of course, is why everyone wants it.
I won't address drop rates as I don't know what the rates are or even if there are drop rates ( remember its random, pirates, random; look it up if you don't understand the word. )

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
I had amazing luck with blood. On my swashbuckler, i was going through miranda for storyline and when i battled captain blood, he dropped blood's jacket on the first try! luckily i have a privy and a witch to use it on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
qwerty78202 on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
I had amazing luck with blood. On my swashbuckler, i was going through miranda for storyline and when i battled captain blood, he dropped blood's jacket on the first try! luckily i have a privy and a witch to use it on.
I don't think you'll get much sympathy from the others; but you've just proved my point that you can get the jacket from the battle and that the drop is random!
Major congratulations on your rare drop!