Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Pet Pavilion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy, fellow pirates! Your favorite Swashbuckler, Stormy Elijah Silver here with a thought about Bestia. So far, I think Bestia has been a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I like Bestia and I like being able to morph and work on pets, but that's where the problem arises. Pirate101 does not have a true Pet Pavilion, per se, unlike Wizard101. What I am saying is I think the Pirate101 pet training needs to be redone completely. I don't really like having to task my pets and wait for them to train themselves. I find this rather boring and it puts too much pressure on me to create a pet that's good. I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I want pet mini games to be introduced in Bestia for Pirate101 so we can train our pets manually. Many people can disagree with me that this causes more work, having to train your pets manually rather than automatically, but many pirates are also agreeing with me that there is little to do in Pirate101. I think introducing pet mini games would make Pirate101 great again and give us maxes something to focus on and something to do. I myself would love to see top notch pets from everyone. Also, training the pets manually lets me connect with my pet more. So, please, all I am asking is for pet mini games to be introduced in Pirate101 or at least I want Bestia to be torn down and redone completely from scratch so it offers a little more than just a morphing tent. Bestia is supposed to be a home and a safe haven for pets, if I am not mistaken, but pets can't really feel like home if all they do is morph with one another 24/7. Please allow them a chance to play fun mini games with the owner. Thanks, and have fun in Pirate101 my fellow pirates. Also, let me know what you guys think about a possible future addition of pet games and a real Pet Pavilion being added to Pirate101. Feel free to either comment below on the Pirate101 message boards or you can also tell me in person if you see me in Pirate101. Good luck to all and may your pets get the successful abilities that you're after.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver(Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor in Training)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Apr 11, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy, fellow pirates! Your favorite Swashbuckler, Stormy Elijah Silver here with a thought about Bestia. So far, I think Bestia has been a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I like Bestia and I like being able to morph and work on pets, but that's where the problem arises. Pirate101 does not have a true Pet Pavilion, per se, unlike Wizard101. What I am saying is I think the Pirate101 pet training needs to be redone completely. I don't really like having to task my pets and wait for them to train themselves. I find this rather boring and it puts too much pressure on me to create a pet that's good. I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I want pet mini games to be introduced in Bestia for Pirate101 so we can train our pets manually. Many people can disagree with me that this causes more work, having to train your pets manually rather than automatically, but many pirates are also agreeing with me that there is little to do in Pirate101. I think introducing pet mini games would make Pirate101 great again and give us maxes something to focus on and something to do. I myself would love to see top notch pets from everyone. Also, training the pets manually lets me connect with my pet more. So, please, all I am asking is for pet mini games to be introduced in Pirate101 or at least I want Bestia to be torn down and redone completely from scratch so it offers a little more than just a morphing tent. Bestia is supposed to be a home and a safe haven for pets, if I am not mistaken, but pets can't really feel like home if all they do is morph with one another 24/7. Please allow them a chance to play fun mini games with the owner. Thanks, and have fun in Pirate101 my fellow pirates. Also, let me know what you guys think about a possible future addition of pet games and a real Pet Pavilion being added to Pirate101. Feel free to either comment below on the Pirate101 message boards or you can also tell me in person if you see me in Pirate101. Good luck to all and may your pets get the successful abilities that you're after.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver(Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor in Training)
And the rest of us are more than perfectly content that our pets train themselves: I, for one, find it extremely boring to repeat game after game, just for an mere smidge of experience for my pet. ( and I have to stop any questing while I train the cursed beast! )
Plus in W101, you can only train one pet at a time AND you must be logged in to train a pet.
For goodness sakes why would anyone want to use the Wizard method when they can use ours?
I connect with my pet just fine, I adore my Lilac Cat Cub, and I enjoy her far more than any of my wizards do their pets.
Because P101 pet training isn't the hassle that W101 offers, I'm getting to understand pets, hybrids and getting the best talents/powers from them.
If you're bored try Pet sparring ( practice or PVP. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BTW it's not a Pavilion ( with games ), it's an Arena ( with sports ). That makes it entirely different.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
anecorbie on Apr 11, 2017 wrote:
And the rest of us are more than perfectly content that our pets train themselves: I, for one, find it extremely boring to repeat game after game, just for an mere smidge of experience for my pet. ( and I have to stop any questing while I train the cursed beast! )
Plus in W101, you can only train one pet at a time AND you must be logged in to train a pet.
For goodness sakes why would anyone want to use the Wizard method when they can use ours?
I connect with my pet just fine, I adore my Lilac Cat Cub, and I enjoy her far more than any of my wizards do their pets.
Because P101 pet training isn't the hassle that W101 offers, I'm getting to understand pets, hybrids and getting the best talents/powers from them.
If you're bored try Pet sparring ( practice or PVP. )
You don't seem to realize that pet training in Pirate101 can take days when your pet is high level. I find the Aquila tasks to take way too long (I mean really, 18-24 hours just so your pet can finish one task and gain what like one level out of it?) In that 18 hours that I wasted waiting for the pet to train itself, I could have gotten far more experience had I trained the pet manually. If you don't believe me, I'll do the math and the calculations for you. You get, what, around 50ish experience for a Pirate101 Aquilan pet activity which lasts around 18 hours, plus a snack which usually is about 32 bonus experience. In those 18 hours, your pet only gained 82 experience. I can get far more experience in those 18 hours had I been able to train my pet manually, by hand. It's been 10 years since I've played Wizard101 due to its insanely high level cap and confusing storyline, but you get what like 4 experience per game? If you keep spamming games, you'll easily beat the measly 82 experience that your pet got from training itself. In the end, you get more pet experience training pets manually. The math proves it.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
easier to add a small thing than it is to overhaul a system..(quiet emphasis on "small")

this topic has come up a lot over the years, and though I prefer it to stay the way it is, it seems that there are many who'd at least like another option available and/or increase rewards from pet vs pet..

this needs to be posted under circus maximus.. where all pet things go..

anecrombie you just got this rusty brain working.. with your definition of arena and "sports".. will have to get back on this subject soon.. but ya sports hmm.. circus.. trapeze trampoline daring acts.. hmm..

one thing though is IF something gets added as another fun option I'd rather it not overshadow the pet vs pet sparring.. unlike derby in wiz, majority of vets highly enjoy pet sparring, just done less often since rewards seem underwhelming.. and time waiting for a match(even if crowded) is a bit frustrating unless you sign up with a friend that is also on your friends list..

somewhere there are links to other posts on this general subject..

stormy jen silver

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 11, 2017 wrote:
BTW it's not a Pavilion ( with games ), it's an Arena ( with sports ). That makes it entirely different.
I think they should add more sports in the Pavilion like races or some Olympic stuff.