Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Got It! I GOT IT!!!

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Those who know me, know I've been farming Miranda for quite awhile. And until this moment Captain Blood's Jacket was the only drop of this dungeon to elude me.
In all the times I farmed Miranda, I never used Treasure Bath or any other doubloon; I was saving those for more "important" dungeons.
So, thanks to a recent post saying that TB lowered chances of getting a drop, I decided to use TB in the Blood battle ( how much lower than zero could my chances get? )
Wellll my friends, I used TB and in my second run of the night I FINALLY got Blood's Jacket!
I'm hoping this proof will bury that rumor of TB lowering drops once and for all!
But it probably won't.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hehe, that made me laugh. Congratulations Anecorbie!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
Those who know me, know I've been farming Miranda for quite awhile. And until this moment Captain Blood's Jacket was the only drop of this dungeon to elude me.
In all the times I farmed Miranda, I never used Treasure Bath or any other doubloon; I was saving those for more "important" dungeons.
So, thanks to a recent post saying that TB lowered chances of getting a drop, I decided to use TB in the Blood battle ( how much lower than zero could my chances get? )
Wellll my friends, I used TB and in my second run of the night I FINALLY got Blood's Jacket!
I'm hoping this proof will bury that rumor of TB lowering drops once and for all!
But it probably won't.
*Cheers with a hint of envy*

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Way to set a myth on its head!

Congratulations!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
But it probably won't.
Congrats anecorbie

Ensign
Jan 03, 2009
Congratulations! Perseverance always pays off.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Good job. Blood's jacket is one of the most OP gear items in the game and can usually make even the hardest battle manageable. I have a few friends who are still out there farming for it, so hopefully some of your good luck will rub off on them. Congrats :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Condition Red on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
Congratulations! Perseverance always pays off.
Thanks to all.
Yes, I wanted players to know that using TB did NOT reduce my chances, or even boost my chances. It was just the luck of the moment.
If you really want a drop, you mustn't give up ( or believe in superstitions. )

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
But it probably won't.
Highest Congrats! Glad you finally got it after forever. On a side note, now we know that treasure bath actually increases drop rates, so we should use it!

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Well done, Signora anecorbie! Patience always pays off! *and congrats to your final defeat of Sangue capitano (Captain Blood)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
SWEEEEEEEEETTT!!!

Way to go and congrats!

As I always say...

Perpetual, piratical persistance (and pre-planned periods of praying and patty-rubby) plainly proves that players' pummeling pig-headed packs of punks perpetuates the plausibility of players packing in a plethora of pretty powerful pirate plunder and potent prizes, that produce plenty of playful pandemonium!

Have fun with your pirates' new toy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Highest Congrats! Glad you finally got it after forever. On a side note, now we know that treasure bath actually increases drop rates, so we should use it!
Oh No! No, no, no. Don't start that, my point in doing that was to prove it didn't hurt your chances. Please, we don't want another myth!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Well done, Signora anecorbie! Patience always pays off! *and congrats to your final defeat of Sangue capitano (Captain Blood)
Multo Grazie! But since Captain Blood is his proper name and not a description, shouldn't it be Capitano Sangue?

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
But it probably won't.
Alright! *high fives Anecorbie*. Congratulations on the Blood's Jacket drop.

Slick Tabitha Silver - Level 70 Musketeer
Witty Hazel Jackson - Level 70 Swashbuckler
Crazy Grace Kidd - Level 70 Buccaneer
Little Aisha Armstrong - Level 13 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FairLady1882 on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Alright! *high fives Anecorbie*. Congratulations on the Blood's Jacket drop.

Slick Tabitha Silver - Level 70 Musketeer
Witty Hazel Jackson - Level 70 Swashbuckler
Crazy Grace Kidd - Level 70 Buccaneer
Little Aisha Armstrong - Level 13 Witchdoctor
And I heard that you have had similar luck in getting Blood's Jacket off his not-so-cold corpse, well done!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Oh No! No, no, no. Don't start that, my point in doing that was to prove it didn't hurt your chances. Please, we don't want another myth!
I was using some sarcasm lol

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
And I heard that you have had similar luck in getting Blood's Jacket off his not-so-cold corpse, well done!
Yes I did, thank you very much. But, this is about you, so we're going to celebrate your achievement. WHOO!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
But it probably won't.
Congrats to ye Fair Lass, ye've work very hard and earned it greatly, and fer that I salute ye me Friend.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
But it probably won't.
Congratulations Anecorbie! I am really happy that you finally got Captain Blood's Jacket! Believe me, I do feel your pain in farming Miranda for it. I farmed Miranda for years and years until my Jacket dropped on March 19, 2017, ironically the last day of Spring Break. If I had to take a tally, I did around 3000 Miranda runs for my Jacket. All my hope was lost, I was mentally exhausted and frankly a little bored of farming Miranda. I never gave up lol, but in the end, not only did I get the Jacket, I got the entire Captain Blood outfit (Hat, Jacket, Boots, Hook, and Reaver). Major congratulations on your rare Captain Blood's Jacket drop, it's one of the best robes in the entire game and it significantly makes hard bosses easier to manage and it speeds up farming by a lot. *High fives Anecorbie* I am very happy that you got the Jacket. Enjoy your rare prize, you've earned it. :)
Cheers and Congratulations again!
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor-In-Training)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
Congratulations Anecorbie! I am really happy that you finally got Captain Blood's Jacket! Believe me, I do feel your pain in farming Miranda for it. I farmed Miranda for years and years until my Jacket dropped on March 19, 2017, ironically the last day of Spring Break. If I had to take a tally, I did around 3000 Miranda runs for my Jacket. All my hope was lost, I was mentally exhausted and frankly a little bored of farming Miranda. I never gave up lol, but in the end, not only did I get the Jacket, I got the entire Captain Blood outfit (Hat, Jacket, Boots, Hook, and Reaver). Major congratulations on your rare Captain Blood's Jacket drop, it's one of the best robes in the entire game and it significantly makes hard bosses easier to manage and it speeds up farming by a lot. *High fives Anecorbie* I am very happy that you got the Jacket. Enjoy your rare prize, you've earned it. :)
Cheers and Congratulations again!
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor-In-Training)
Thank you very much! Both of us know the agony of farming Miranda, I didn't keep count but I do know it was 2 years plus some.
I'm glad you now have a complete outfit from Blood and if we ever get a way to show case our boss gear, I know you'll have a place to show it.
Besides, with an update, there may be new boss gear that will over-shadow that Bloody Jacket!
( It's amazing to me that a piece of gear that is for level 35 is still of value to a level 70 maxed pirate! Way to make "OP" gear, KI! )

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Multo Grazie! But since Captain Blood is his proper name and not a description, shouldn't it be Capitano Sangue?
You are correct indeed!! well.. i guess i must return to the language classes in Valencia again... *sails away*

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Still recovering from Easter, (so tired, you have no idea!) but I was so happy to read about this! Congrats!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Congrats! I know you've farmed long and hard for this.

What's your next target?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Apr 27, 2017 wrote:
Congrats! I know you've farmed long and hard for this.

What's your next target?
Ugh, the Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu.
It's the only item that hasn't dropped for me in that dratted Tower. And my Witchdoctor, Silver Isis, is only 4 runs away from that Master of Moo Badge!
I can only do one run & not every day like I used to do, unless it drops soon, I'll be in that Tower ( unless we get an update. )