Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hard to find snacks

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I try to give my pets the snacks they love, but some pets are tougher to please than others. I almost never seem to find Yakatori, a mooshu main dish. The Celestial Dragon, a pet we get from a quest, loves it. It seems to be one of those snacks that comes with a point for power, even if the pet does not like or love it. I tried looking for it in Mooshu fights, and sending crew, both Mooshu origin and others at various levels, to wrangle for it without luck. I thought the pet arena practice only gave low level Skull Island and Monquistan snacks; then I got a yakatori from a practice match. It was such a unique drop there, in my experience, that it got me wondering if there is anywhere that snack drops more reliably. I could also use more MS rice for the ebon spectres and turtles. Anyone know where to find lots of that, other than pet wrangling?
Early in the game, I sometimes got Valencian Oranges. I think they were from pet wrangling, but it's been so long that I'm not sure. Anyone know who to fight for them? They were listed with a spiral for other world, a dessert I think. How about where to find Dark S'moors? That's another snack I saw once a long time ago.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 21, 2017 wrote:
I try to give my pets the snacks they love, but some pets are tougher to please than others. I almost never seem to find Yakatori, a mooshu main dish. The Celestial Dragon, a pet we get from a quest, loves it. It seems to be one of those snacks that comes with a point for power, even if the pet does not like or love it. I tried looking for it in Mooshu fights, and sending crew, both Mooshu origin and others at various levels, to wrangle for it without luck. I thought the pet arena practice only gave low level Skull Island and Monquistan snacks; then I got a yakatori from a practice match. It was such a unique drop there, in my experience, that it got me wondering if there is anywhere that snack drops more reliably. I could also use more MS rice for the ebon spectres and turtles. Anyone know where to find lots of that, other than pet wrangling?
Early in the game, I sometimes got Valencian Oranges. I think they were from pet wrangling, but it's been so long that I'm not sure. Anyone know who to fight for them? They were listed with a spiral for other world, a dessert I think. How about where to find Dark S'moors? That's another snack I saw once a long time ago.
I have only received those rare snacks you've mentioned from the Beast Master pack. If they're in the Mega-Snack packs, I don't know.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I do remember receiving Rank 7 snacks from pet wrangling in the very beginning of Advanced Companions. Then, I think due to player feedback about companions giving snacks commensurate with their level, they changed the snack rewards to NOT include rank 7 (possibly with the intent of saving them for a future update). Now, lower level companions return with the lower level snacks and the highest level companions return with the Rank 6 snacks. I'm hoping that when we get the next update and reach Level 75-80, those Rank 7 snacks will return to the wrangling list for those highest level companions.

Rank 8, 9 and 10 have always been found in packs rather than wrangling. I had a huge stockpile of those from attempting to get Bear companions but it is dwindling ever since...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi there, Calamity.

Your Dragon will LOVE all MooShu Main Course snacks: Yakatori(7), Wonder Cud(5), Jellied Pork(10) & Kim'choo(10). It's a "MooShu Pet", so it will LIKE any MooShu snack & being a "Main Course Pet", it will LIKE any main course snack. So it will LOVE any MooShu, main course snack. But it will also LOVE any Universal Snack from MooShu = Farm Fresh Yum(5) & Moolong Tea(5). And Ebon Spectres & Flying Turtles will also LOVE those Universal Snacks.

Your best bet would be to farm the LVL 20 (+/-) cutthroats/troggies in Devilfish Hollow. They are known to drop Farm Fresh Yum & Moolong Tea. The snack drops are so random & it would be hard to farm for a specific snack, like Yakatori or Wild Rice. So farming one spot for two MooShu, universally-loved snacks may produce better results.

As far as drops go, most snacks are limited to rank 5...occasionally seeing a 5+. Pet Wranglin' is a good bet to get rank 5+ snacks back, just make sure you use your highest leveled companions.

Or if you have some Crowns to spare, you can wait for the Grizzly Pack or Snack Pack sales. The Grizzly Packs are a great source for mid-high ranking snacks, even LVL 10 snacks. The Snack Packs carry up to rank 6 snacks, with lots of lower ranks mixed in. I personally wouldn't waste Crowns on Mega Snack Packs, as they are so costly even with a sale. If you consistently feed your pets mid level snacks they LOVE (even LIKE), you can make up the difference in Power & EXP.

Lastly, snacks above LVL 6 do provide POWER, like you noted.

LVL 6 = +1
LVL 7= +2
LVL 8= +3
LVL 9= +4
LVL 10= +5

But even feeding a pet a LVL 3 snack that it LOVES = +2 to Power & +8 to XP. LIKED results = +1 to Power &+4 to XP. Those bonuses stack, so feeding a pet a LVL 7 snack that it LOVES will give a total of +4 Power & a bonus of +8 to XP (on top of LVL 7's +48 XP)

But my suggestion for the critters you named, would be to farm Devilfish Hollow for Universal MooShu snacks that they will be guaranteed to LOVE.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Ok, I understand why the mega snacks would not be a usual snack to find. I never even saw the Jellied Pork or Kim'chee. How about the Wonder Cud? Where can that be found, just randomly? I was hoping there would be a regular main dish snack from Mooshu that I could find. I'd kind of like to save the universal snacks for the pets who like "Other" snacks, because they take so long to train going only with liked talents. Can't always count on having enough Gears and Granola for them. At least if I can give them the tea or the yum, they get a couple points for liking the type and it being universal.
I will definitely try in Devilfish Hollow. Guess it was a huge fluke of luck getting that Yakatori in the pet practice arena.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 24, 2017 wrote:
Ok, I understand why the mega snacks would not be a usual snack to find. I never even saw the Jellied Pork or Kim'chee. How about the Wonder Cud? Where can that be found, just randomly? I was hoping there would be a regular main dish snack from Mooshu that I could find. I'd kind of like to save the universal snacks for the pets who like "Other" snacks, because they take so long to train going only with liked talents. Can't always count on having enough Gears and Granola for them. At least if I can give them the tea or the yum, they get a couple points for liking the type and it being universal.
I will definitely try in Devilfish Hollow. Guess it was a huge fluke of luck getting that Yakatori in the pet practice arena.
Wondercud is currently found by buying Grizzly Booster Packs. No drops have been recorded on the Pirate101 Central Wiki. There was an indication it could be found through Pet Wrangling, but I cannot remember the last time I saw it come from there. Normally, I get more Wild Rice, Moolong Tea and Fortune Cookies. I would say prime companions to try would be those between Level 45 and 65.

Good Luck!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It might just be due to petpalooza, but I've been seeing unusual snacks dropping in the pet practice arena, including a level 8 snack. I got some Boiled Banana and an Aquillan Oreo snack; I never saw either of those before.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
It might just be due to petpalooza, but I've been seeing unusual snacks dropping in the pet practice arena, including a level 8 snack. I got some Boiled Banana and an Aquillan Oreo snack; I never saw either of those before.
In a PRACTICE match?! Seriously? The highest I've ever seen in a practice match was I think a Tumbleweed Toast. Were you in an actual match against another player?

I've been wondering if better rewards were available, but haven't had the patience to wait for an actual match.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yup, it really was in a practice match. I could hardly believe it myself. I think it must be because of the pet festival. Usually I just get the basic Skull Island snacks there. I was doing a 4 vs. 4 practice match with max or near it pets, I believe. The other snack I got there was called Manticoreos. When working on it later, I did not do quite so good, but still managed to get a Mooshu Yum snack. I was also able to try 1 vs 1 pet matches with a teen pet, against another pirate; we both got the usual low snacks and gear. I think using as many pets as you can helps, cause you get more snack rewards, one per pet in the fight, if you win. I wonder if it helps to use max pets, as sending max crew pet wrangling seem to bring better rewards. I don't know if this is the case, or if it was just random chance and being the pet festival time. Feel free to test it out. I don't mind checking to see if going against another player is better, I'd just want to use a full pet team.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I forget what the level 8 snack was, must have used it. The ones I mentioned by name were level 7. Got the manticoreos on more than one pirate.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I got some Tinfoil Stars, rank 7 snack, in the pet practice arena yesterday. I also figured out which pirate had the rank 8 snack from the arena; my witchdoctor had it, Secret Recipe Kernels.