Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How did you discover pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I think that this thread was made in the past but I never really replied

My brother really liked wizard101 back in the day but I never really considered it until one day back in 2012 when me and my sister were playing with our Gogos crazy bones (Does anyone remember those? I miss them) When our brother walks in and tells us about this game by the same people who made Wizard101. As soon as I got into the gameplay I fell in love with it.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was a Wizard101 player, so I was looking forward to the Beta test as soon as we heard rumors about it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:

My brother really liked wizard101 back in the day but I never really considered it until one day back in 2012 when me and my sister were playing with our Gogos crazy bones (Does anyone remember those? I miss them) When our brother walks in and tells us about this game by the same people who made Wizard101. As soon as I got into the gameplay I fell in love with it.
Hey, Darkmoordude, nice to see you posting again.
I've answered this question several times, but I didn't "discover" Pirate101. I was playing Wizard101 when I saw an announcement for a new game from KingsIsle looking for beta testers, well I love Pirates and I signed up to be a tester, but wasn't chosen.
I logged on to the web site every day to see how much longer I would need to wait before I could play, and I fell in love with the story line and characters.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:

Perfect thread, Jacob!

Well, honestly, I barely remember what made me actually discover Pirate101. I'm not sure if it was a commercial (boy, do KingsIsle need more of those! ) or what it was, but I'm so excited I got to play Pirate101.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I discovered by listening to an ad,initially I didn't play much. So I gave it a try back in March of 2013, that first character Nicole is a special one. I was planning to play for 2 weeks, however it was so much fun, I have been playing it for nearly 5 years now.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Was a W101 player and didn't get picked for the beta. As soon as I could, I started playing (bought the Boochbeard bundle just to get early access to try out the game).

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I've answered this question several times, but I didn't "discover" Pirate101. I was playing Wizard101 when I saw an announcement for a new game from KingsIsle looking for beta testers, well I love Pirates and I signed up to be a tester, but wasn't chosen.
I logged on to the web site every day to see how much longer I would need to wait before I could play, and I fell in love with the story line and characters.
And now you are the top poster with the most yarrs on the Pirate 101 message boards! You got the last laugh on Ki for not picking you as a beta tester, and everyone including Ki is happy because you have 3 Pirate 101 accounts! Win for everyone!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Hey.

If anyone was wondering why I was gone for 3 months it is because I got a ragweed cold which lasted 2 months, not fun.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Sorry to hear you weren't accepted for Beta, Esperanza.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
Sorry to hear you weren't accepted for Beta, Esperanza.
I got over it.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I was a wizard player and when I heard about Pirate101 I chopped down my class trainer tree and made a ship to sail the spiral in.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Went to log into Wizard one day and saw an announcement for "Kingsisle's newest game!" Played it one time and ditched Wizard right after (though I do still play both but i'm a bigger fan of Pirate than Wizard)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
Hey.

If anyone was wondering why I was gone for 3 months it is because I got a ragweed cold which lasted 2 months, not fun.
Oh no! I hope you're better!

Ensign
Jul 16, 2010
I played Wizard around the time it first started. Eventually I heard of Pirates I believe from my family who were also players. Eventually I logged on to Pirates and since then have had two wonderful games to play.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
an ad back in like 2013, havent seen an ad since which is probably part of why the game has such a small fanbase

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
zuto4011a on Nov 9, 2017 wrote:
an ad back in like 2013, havent seen an ad since which is probably part of why the game has such a small fanbase
I know this is old but yeah. I remember seeing some ads on Ninjakiwi.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
I saw the ad for this game in 2012, but I never got around to checking it out (I was planning my wedding at the time). I ended up rediscovering this game in late 2014 when I was looking for a game to help me wind down a bit (because around this time, my sister was getting married...stressful times). So I installed it on my computer, thinking, "why not?". The rest is history...

Slick Tabitha Silver - Lvl 70 Musketeer
Witty Hazel Jackson - Lvl 70 Swashbuckler
Crazy Grace Kidd - Lvl 70 Buccaneer
Little Aisha Armstrong - Lvl 70 Witchdoctor
Fiery Rachel Gordon - Lvl 70 Privateer

Don't mind me. I'm just happy I have a max toon for all five classes!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am another who came over from Wizard101. I do prefer Pirate, though. Still play Wizard as well.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I got the week early access as a pilot type thing, and loved the game. (I just remember tremendous lag in the early access period.)

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
When I saw that KI had a new game while playing W101, I decided to go right ahead and make a pirate on the day it was released to the public.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
well my older sister used to play pirate101 ( result: she hated it ) Anyways years after she started to not like it in genrel ( at least that's what she said ) i started to watch blaze life hammer and i got into his videos so much i wanted to play and pirate101 became my ( second! ) favorite game!

Ensign
Apr 21, 2015
I've been a Wizard101 player for quite a while, so when I heard about a new game being released, I was super excited!

I remember opting in for all the promo emails and hoping so desperately to beta test the game. I wasn't one of the lucky ones chosen, but you can imagine my delight when I received Marco Pollo's Map in my mailbox irl after school one day! It was one of the best things about the game for me and I've lost it somewhere in my room and I'm deeply missing being able to look at it!

Lol, I'll probably find it when I eventually clean my room!