Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who's your favorite Pirate101 voice actor?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
I've always heavily respected voice actors. Even when I was 3 years old and played my first video game, I always thought it was incredible just how much charisma and emotion some voice actors put into their roles. To me, the voice actors WERE those characters. Now, 14 years later, although the design and backstory of a character are critical aspects of their existence, the voice acting is still what brings said character to life in my eyes (or I guess I should say ears, heh). With that being said, I feel as if those voice actors don't get enough recognition. So let's change that, shall we? Who's your favorite acted character in Pirate101? Go ahead and include your reason as to why they're your favorite if you'd like!

My favorite is the voice behind One-Eyed Jack! The somewhat chipper passivity really portrays him well. He always sounds composed, but that subtle perkiness in his voice reminds you that behind the timid persona, he's still a tricky little scoundrel!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
JDpwner on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
I've always heavily respected voice actors. Even when I was 3 years old and played my first video game, I always thought it was incredible just how much charisma and emotion some voice actors put into their roles. To me, the voice actors WERE those characters. Now, 14 years later, although the design and backstory of a character are critical aspects of their existence, the voice acting is still what brings said character to life in my eyes (or I guess I should say ears, heh). With that being said, I feel as if those voice actors don't get enough recognition. So let's change that, shall we? Who's your favorite acted character in Pirate101? Go ahead and include your reason as to why they're your favorite if you'd like!

My favorite is the voice behind One-Eyed Jack! The somewhat chipper passivity really portrays him well. He always sounds composed, but that subtle perkiness in his voice reminds you that behind the timid persona, he's still a tricky little scoundrel!
I certainly agree. Mine would be Blind Mew, as although he's blind, he sounds like there could something mischievous up his sleeve...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JDpwner on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:

The voice actors for KingsIsle are the best! I'll say that I have quite a list of favorites, from companions to NPCs.
  • Kane ( perfect portrayal of a menacing personality without being over the top. )
  • Nausica ( love her fiendish laugh when she defeats an enemy. )
  • Captain Reynolds ( I just like his voice, it's calm & professional. )
  • Mrs. Washburn ( A steel magnolia. )
  • Luck Jack Russel ( A dashing hero. )
  • Birgus Latro ( typical tough guy, hard shell, soft center. )
  • Bob Carrington ( just marvelous! )
But don't forget that these actors are working with the best of tools - a well written script!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
The voice actors for KingsIsle are the best! I'll say that I have quite a list of favorites, from companions to NPCs.
  • Kane ( perfect portrayal of a menacing personality without being over the top. )
But don't forget that these actors are working with the best of tools - a well written script!
Yes, I love Nausica's laugh too! And that is so true about the script. Without those dear scriptwriters, we'd have none of that awesome and truly refreshing dialogue!

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
anecorbie on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
You're absolutely right. The writers also deserve recognition, and I'm glad you pointed this out!

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Favorite voice actors include, Gaspard DeVole (like his accent), Kane (very intimidating), Deacon, El Toro, Grace Conrad, Sarah Steele (Beautiful voice), Ratbeard, Catbeard (meow meow marvelous), Monkey King, Bonnie Anne (very nice voice), Lucius Fox (sounds like Morgan Freeman), Frogfather, and Captain Avery

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I like the actors James Leary and Robert Kraft. On IMBD and through similar voices Leary does characters like El Toro and Duck Holliday while Kraft does various characters, specifically Emmett and Wing Chun.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I like the voices of the main three: Old Scratch (sounds like a wise old man), Ratbeard (who also voices Taylor Coleridge in Wizard101) and Bonnie Anne. I especially like how well Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne work off each other. I also like Lucky Jack Russells voice as well as he really puts the heart and soul into the character I feel like (not to take away from the other Presidio companions of course).