Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More quests = more loading screen time

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
this seems pretty accurate across the dozens of different pirates i've played on. when i rush a pirate through the storyline, picking up nearby side quests that i won't finish, by the time they have killed kane they are level 67, have 39 pages of side quests, and suffer up to 15 seconds of loading sceen time and sometimes an unresponsive pirate101 window. on the other hand, for pirates of any level with barely any quests, loading screens will last about 2 seconds. because of this i end up using questless pirates on another account to do most of the traveling while the questing pirate teleports to mitigate the physically painful loading screens.

so i assume the quest tab is loaded during loading screens. could the game instead only load quests when it is explicitly necessary? (i.e. when the quest tab is opened or when quests begin or end)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A simple solution to this, without making KI re-code all their files regarding quests; is to just clear out your side quest back log!
Do a few quests each day and soon your characters will be loading more quickly.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
A simple solution to this, without making KI re-code all their files regarding quests; is to just clear out your side quest back log!
Do a few quests each day and soon your characters will be loading more quickly.
yeah fam i'm already doing that. it's not "all" the files regarding quests though, i'd guess probably 10 files max would need "re-coding." there are probably thousands of scattered files related to quests and all i'm asking is to reduce the time spent loading them.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The game needs to load all of your quests, because we have the feature where it shows you which quest is closest to your current location -- the little green triangle that appears in the corner?

I agree with anecorbie - at your level, it wouldn't take but a few minutes to clear some of those older quests from the book.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
This issue shows to me the need for a Quest finder feature. If you had that, you wouldn't have to pick up all the quests as you see them, leading to pages and pages of quests. Instead, you could refuse the quest until you are ready to do it, and use the finder feature to help you locate them later. If you are saving the sides to do together with other sides that require fighting the same things, maybe clearing them before you finish that world would help keep the loading time from getting too crazy.
39 pages of sides is a lot, and you are rather far into the game. What are you saving the quests for? Is there a reason you are accepting them without planing to do them, until the end of the game? Just wondering. Is it related to max level and XP being lost? If you had a quest finder, would that help? Would you refuse the quests until a time of your own choosing, if you have help locating them when you are ready for them?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:
yeah fam i'm already doing that. it's not "all" the files regarding quests though, i'd guess probably 10 files max would need "re-coding." there are probably thousands of scattered files related to quests and all i'm asking is to reduce the time spent loading them.
I have also noticed that if you have all or a large part of your crew on task, that loading is slower. Perhaps you could cut down on the amount of your companions tasking?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Why the rush through the storyline, though? Why not do those side quests when you're in the area doing the storyline?

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:
I have also noticed that if you have all or a large part of your crew on task, that loading is slower. Perhaps you could cut down on the amount of your companions tasking?
this i would consider, although i haven't noticed any significant difference there. loading screens on a max buccaneer with 1 quest and a page and a half of pet wranglin' companions still take about 2 seconds.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Calamity Finch on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:
This issue shows to me the need for a Quest finder feature. If you had that, you wouldn't have to pick up all the quests as you see them, leading to pages and pages of quests. Instead, you could refuse the quest until you are ready to do it, and use the finder feature to help you locate them later. If you are saving the sides to do together with other sides that require fighting the same things, maybe clearing them before you finish that world would help keep the loading time from getting too crazy.
39 pages of sides is a lot, and you are rather far into the game. What are you saving the quests for? Is there a reason you are accepting them without planing to do them, until the end of the game? Just wondering. Is it related to max level and XP being lost? If you had a quest finder, would that help? Would you refuse the quests until a time of your own choosing, if you have help locating them when you are ready for them?
yes, yes, yes, quest finder please.
i only pick up all these quests out of habit. once i'm done with the storyline, the only side quests i actually need to max out are the valencia p2 ones and a couple from mooshu.