Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gold Cap Increase

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2012
I was really thinking about making this topic and I decided to go for it.

Basically, As we know, The current max gold cap in Pirate101 is 250,000. And also we know that everytime a Storyline expansion comes out, The Gold Cap increases. But with Pirate101's current lack of story it makes it impossible to get the Gold Cap increased like in wizard. Wizard right now is at 500,000 Gold as a Maximum for a Level 125 could carry. Wizard gets story expansions every year, While Pirate as we know, Only had 2 Storyline Expansions.

So I was thinking, Why can't Kingsisle increase the gold cap for Pirate to 500,000 next update if a story expansion isn't coming? I mean, Logically we're Pirates. Our main hunt is always for treasure and gold. Gold cap for Pirate doesn't make much of a sense in the first place. But a little bit of increase would be great really. I'm tired of the 250,000 Gold cap that we're stuck at now for 2 years. We're Pirates. We need this Increase. Morphing gets my maximum gold down to 3k in just a few morphs. If KI could listen to this suggestion to make it happen would be fantastic.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Smart Logan West on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
I was really thinking about making this topic and I decided to go for it.

Basically, As we know, The current max gold cap in Pirate101 is 250,000. And also we know that everytime a Storyline expansion comes out, The Gold Cap increases. But with Pirate101's current lack of story it makes it impossible to get the Gold Cap increased like in wizard. Wizard right now is at 500,000 Gold as a Maximum for a Level 125 could carry. Wizard gets story expansions every year, While Pirate as we know, Only had 2 Storyline Expansions.

So I was thinking, Why can't Kingsisle increase the gold cap for Pirate to 500,000 next update if a story expansion isn't coming? I mean, Logically we're Pirates. Our main hunt is always for treasure and gold. Gold cap for Pirate doesn't make much of a sense in the first place. But a little bit of increase would be great really. I'm tired of the 250,000 Gold cap that we're stuck at now for 2 years. We're Pirates. We need this Increase. Morphing gets my maximum gold down to 3k in just a few morphs. If KI could listen to this suggestion to make it happen would be fantastic.
I don't know, Logan, 500,000 seems a bit much for a gold cap increase at this time. I would be for an increase to 350,000, but we don't have many things to spend this gold on.
In W101 they have Fishing, Gardening, Crafting and Monstrology ( not to mention Pets ) and all these side activities cost gold; often large amounts of gold, so 500,000 makes sense for them.
I believe we'll be having a story line expansion this year, as we're due for one - it's been 2 years since Valencia2, and I don't think they'll make us wait another year.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It certainly is frustrating after doing the Party Barge quests for a couple of days and selling off the results only to hear that "Turns out ye can have too much gold!"

The Bazaar won't let you actually reach the 250,000 when selling, and Boochbeard still warns us too early as well. It's like the game is confused as to exactly where the max gold cap is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
It certainly is frustrating after doing the Party Barge quests for a couple of days and selling off the results only to hear that "Turns out ye can have too much gold!"

The Bazaar won't let you actually reach the 250,000 when selling, and Boochbeard still warns us too early as well. It's like the game is confused as to exactly where the max gold cap is.

Actually, one of my swashbucklers has exactly 250,000 gold.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
I don't know, Logan, 500,000 seems a bit much for a gold cap increase at this time. I would be for an increase to 350,000, but we don't have many things to spend this gold on.
In W101 they have Fishing, Gardening, Crafting and Monstrology ( not to mention Pets ) and all these side activities cost gold; often large amounts of gold, so 500,000 makes sense for them.
I believe we'll be having a story line expansion this year, as we're due for one - it's been 2 years since Valencia2, and I don't think they'll make us wait another year.
  • I believe we'll be having a story line expansion this year, as we're due for one - it's been 2 years since Valencia2, and I don't think they'll make us wait another year.

Pirate is turning 6 in 6 months, No? 400,000 or 375,000 shall be reasonable at least. Because seeing the current status the game is at, I don't think we'll get a story expansion anytime soon. Not optimistic that we will get a Story continuation anymore, That is. I'd be surprised if we get a Storyline update this year over Recycled content like last year's or Haywire Dreadnaught's Update. I don't want to get my hopes up again after the completely disappointing Valencia 2 that they still consider as a story update and call it "Book 15".

• but we don't have many things to spend this gold on.

I disagree here. There's many things to spend this amount on. Miracle Mitch's Expensive prices for companion healing for wounds (I do Smugglers Arena everyday and I do lose a Companion or 2) , Mojo Potions to refill from Ryan The Relentless, Holiday Decoration items from Crown Shop, Morphing to get a perfect pet for every character for PvP purposes, Not to mention how Gold will be a must to buy recipes (If Crafting however gets introduced to Pirate101 as Falmea said they're busy getting Pirate101's side systems "Wider" among with buying Crafting Material/Ingredients).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
Actually, one of my swashbucklers has exactly 250,000 gold.
I didn't say we couldn't reach 250,000 -- we just cannot sell items at the Bazaar -- such as the Large Pile of Gold or a Unicorn Statue -- if we would get close to that amount.

Receiving gold from rewards or drops can take us to the exact cap, but not selling items.