Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mistakes you've made (on anything P101 related)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2014
I forgot my message board name! took my long enough to find a post I made back in 2014... I saw a post made with my OLD account...

I freaked out when I sunk my friends Aquilan Galleon with my level... I think it was a level 29, ship from the Cutthroat bundle... then I put down my anchor, celebrated for a few seconds, then come back to find someone else shooting at me... I might have lived if my ship wasn't already below half health!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Good cop on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
I forgot my message board name! took my long enough to find a post I made back in 2014... I saw a post made with my OLD account...

I freaked out when I sunk my friends Aquilan Galleon with my level... I think it was a level 29, ship from the Cutthroat bundle... then I put down my anchor, celebrated for a few seconds, then come back to find someone else shooting at me... I might have lived if my ship wasn't already below half health!
Mistakes? Hmm, how about accidentally deleting my Golden Jaguar, Rajah, and accidentally deleting my own Max Level Swashbuckler? Good thing was, I got the latter back, but not the former. Too late now, I suppose.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Hmm. On my privateer I accepted every. Single. Sidequest. Availible.

And that isn't the worst part. The worst? I made it to Mooshu, and never did a single one of them. I had SO MANY PAGES OF SIDE QUESTS.

That was my first pirate, and I had no idea what I was doing.

Can't wait to hear more stories!

-TSQ

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've exited a few dungeons that had a Zeke quest item and forgot to collect them; then I had to go in and do it again!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Oh, oh so many,

1) Not keeping up with nautical xp

2) Forgetting to focus on all my companions

3) Buying a crowns pet that I didn't need

4) For background, I was very stubborn and much younger when I first started playing this game, and I refused to equip gear. Probably could've finished my privy much quicker if I had actually done that, and the game got suddenly easier once I started doing it. That one was more my young stubborness.
I feel like all of this stuff helped teach me to not be so stubborn and stupid (although once again #4 was more me just not understanding how games work because my mind wasn't old enough to comprehend that), but all of these have taught me to be better at the game and I've advanced as a player. Now I can solo pretty much all main storyline content except the Machine, so it's all helped once everything is said and done.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:
Hmm. On my privateer I accepted every. Single. Sidequest. Availible.

And that isn't the worst part. The worst? I made it to Mooshu, and never did a single one of them. I had SO MANY PAGES OF SIDE QUESTS.

That was my first pirate, and I had no idea what I was doing.

Can't wait to hear more stories!

-TSQ
Same! (Except for a few that I didn't want to complete.)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The classic one I keep doing is hitting the Space Bar to make my ship jump like a Mount, and instead it stops.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Whew... boy... i've made a lot of mistakes, here's a few:

1) Teaching companions the wrong talents. I had a Bonnie Anne with lots of Strength trained instead of Agility...

2) Buying companions for how they look alone and refusing to change to a better companion. Hey, i need my Rooster Cogburn, alright? He looks awesome!

3) Giving myself, a swashbuckler, Flanking just so i can get the other secret talents despite the fact Flanking is counter-productive when it comes to hides

4) Being too lazy to progress in the story.... i'm still making this mistake

Hardy Quinn

Maestro of Many Mistakes

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
1) I accidentally trashed my banner from the Empire Bundle (It would be GREAT if these banners would be place able in a house)

2) I collected all side quests on my Privateer and I didn't complete any of them until I completed the main quest.

3) I avoided collecting side quests on my Musketeer and I regret it everytime I see the because I am letting down the NPC

4) I always forget about my nautical level so when it comes to ship quests, it takes a while

5) I bought every single ship on my Buccaneer which took forever and spent so much extra time

6) I've made a lot of little mistakes here and there throughout all 5 characters

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
Honestly, I can safely say my entire first pirate (A Privateer) was my biggest mistake

1) Never did side-quests unless they led to companions

2) Didn't gain nautical like I should have (leading me to winding up fighting Scylla with a Mooshu skiff)

3) Not promoting any non-story companions

4) Not looking up anything on class guides because I could

TBH, may my old Privateer RIP, but my new main (My 2nd character, a swashbuckler) is a good example of of me taking a level in awesome for P101

-Cedric Leech, Swashbuckler

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
My presidio companions...

Privateer: Dead Mike
Buccaneer: Gaspard De Vole
Witchdoctor: Birgus
Musketeer: Lucky Jack Russel
Swashbuckler: Get this, Milo Graytail

If I could choose now:
Privateer: Milo
Swashbuckler: Birgus
Witchdoctor: Mike
Musketeer: Dead Mike
Buccaneer: Gaspard

As you can see, I am only satisfied with one of them.

Buying so many bad/average companions on my privateer. I don't even need to explain this one

Also buying so many (Although not bad) on my musketeer.

Choosing privateer as my first ever pirate and soloing it for the most part...Yeah, not a smart choice but hey, when I created my first pirate on my brother's account I was 7.

Putting off Egg Shen's last promotion for over a year.

I started playing pirate101 early in my childhood so I made a lot of not-so-great (to put it lightly) choices.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
My presidio companions...

Privateer: Dead Mike
Buccaneer: Gaspard De Vole
Witchdoctor: Birgus
Musketeer: Lucky Jack Russel
Swashbuckler: Get this, Milo Graytail

If I could choose now:
Privateer: Milo
Swashbuckler: Birgus
Witchdoctor: Mike
Musketeer: Dead Mike
Buccaneer: Gaspard

As you can see, I am only satisfied with one of them.

Buying so many bad/average companions on my privateer. I don't even need to explain this one

Also buying so many (Although not bad) on my musketeer.

Choosing privateer as my first ever pirate and soloing it for the most part...Yeah, not a smart choice but hey, when I created my first pirate on my brother's account I was 7.

Putting off Egg Shen's last promotion for over a year.

I started playing pirate101 early in my childhood so I made a lot of not-so-great (to put it lightly) choices.
None of those Presideo companions are a "mistake" all of them bring something to your captain. Perhaps, because you were so young, you didn't train them properly?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 6, 2018 wrote:
None of those Presideo companions are a "mistake" all of them bring something to your captain. Perhaps, because you were so young, you didn't train them properly?
Nah but the thing is...

Dead Mike never helped on my privateer, I had a billion companions who could do exactly what he did, some even doing it better.

I was fine with Gaspard on my buccaneer.

Milo on my swashbuckler was a big mistake in my opinion, I did NOT need him there and if I knew I would've picked Birgus on my swashbuckler so that he had the "Bodyguard" role down

Lucky Jack on my Musketeer is something that I don't really mind but I never really kind of...Needed him. I'd pick him on my second musketeer though. (Why He's not listed on my "if I could now" choices)

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
Well, Back in Late 2012, I remember being in skull mountain farming fin since I didn't have membership, while I was farming him, my backpack was full. And I didn't knew that I could sell things, so I deleted him a made a new Character xd

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HopefulXavierKent on Jul 8, 2018 wrote:
Well, Back in Late 2012, I remember being in skull mountain farming fin since I didn't have membership, while I was farming him, my backpack was full. And I didn't knew that I could sell things, so I deleted him a made a new Character xd
Welcome to the message boards, HopefulXavierKent!...and ouch

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I just realized that my junior Swashbuckler has been ignoring Morgan Lafitte's offers to train him for the ...

past NINE levels.

He just reached Level 30, so he had quite a bit to learn. He also still has 7 practice points, so maybe I should think of something to do with those as well.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
I don't think this is a mistake, but my old swashbuckler got hacked and turned into a girl at level 47. I had to start all over.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
One time I was cleaning my pack and accidentally trashed my Darkmoor Deathspitter. Thankfully, I was able to get it back, but I still remember the instant regret I felt upon realizing what I just did.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Willowydream on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
I just realized that my junior Swashbuckler has been ignoring Morgan Lafitte's offers to train him for the ...

past NINE levels.

He just reached Level 30, so he had quite a bit to learn. He also still has 7 practice points, so maybe I should think of something to do with those as well.

Oh my!