Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can I travel the world at max lvl but no member?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 20, 2016
What I mean is, can I still travel without membership at level 70? I finished the main story with my level 70 pirate and since we haven't stopped the membership payment yet, I was wondering if you guys could give me an answer on if I could still go around the world and help others at dungeons. I was hoping that I could still travel instead of staying on skull island.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Noble Dugan Ire on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
What I mean is, can I still travel without membership at level 70? I finished the main story with my level 70 pirate and since we haven't stopped the membership payment yet, I was wondering if you guys could give me an answer on if I could still go around the world and help others at dungeons. I was hoping that I could still travel instead of staying on skull island.
You would have to purchase the areas you wanted (aside from Skull Island and Bestia) with Crowns. I recommend purchasing Miranda (Captain Blood), The Machine (Kane), and The Tower Of Moo Manchu (Moo Manchu, The Nefarious 5) to give you access to most of the desired items for your pirate.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sorry, no, you will be limited to the free-to-play areas if you discontinue your membership.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As long as you have membership, you can travel to all the parts of the Spiral you have visited; as soon as the membership ends, however, you'll only be able to access the Free to Play zones of Skull Island ( unless you use crowns to buy areas ).
And welcome to the message boards!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Well, usually the answer would be no, since you need to have a membership to travel the Spiral. But there is a way to actually purchase the game chapter-by-chapter using Crowns, and once it's purchased, it works for all accounts, and it basically is there forever. You may have to spend some money on lots and lots of Crowns if you want to buy the whole game, but other than that it is a great way to do it so you don't have to have a recurring membership.

Ensign
Jul 18, 2013
Unfortunately you can’t. You need either member or buy the area with crowns to travel around the spiral. Without member you are stuck at skill island.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
Well, usually the answer would be no, since you need to have a membership to travel the Spiral. But there is a way to actually purchase the game chapter-by-chapter using Crowns, and once it's purchased, it works for all accounts, and it basically is there forever. You may have to spend some money on lots and lots of Crowns if you want to buy the whole game, but other than that it is a great way to do it so you don't have to have a recurring membership.
ALL pirates on a single account, not extra accounts you may make; just making it clear.

Ensign
Nov 20, 2016
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
Do you know how much it costs to buy the whole game?

Ensign
Nov 20, 2016
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
ALL pirates on a single account, not extra accounts you may make; just making it clear.
So if I buy the whole game, it will be accessible to all the characters on my account right? Or do I have to buy the worlds for every character?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Dugan Ire on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
So if I buy the whole game, it will be accessible to all the characters on my account right? Or do I have to buy the worlds for every character?
If you buy the area, it is free to ALL pirates on that one account: trust me, I'm a crowns player and I've bought all the zones.
It is more expensive than a yearly membership and is slower in play through, but on the plus side I don't have to worry & rush through the game, afraid that my membership will run out at a critical part of the story. Plus, when we get these long breaks between updates, I'm still accessing zones while members who don't continue are stuck on Skull Island.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Noble Dugan Ire on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
Do you know how much it costs to buy the whole game?
94,710 Crowns are needed to purchase Books 1-15. This means that $90 worth of Crowns (one $80 and one $10 purchase during the Super Crowns Sale or one $60 (during the regular Crowns sale) and one $30 purchase) will allow you to purchase the entire game. If you don't wish to wait that long for one to appear then $140 worth of Crowns (one $10, one $50 and one $80 purchase) is the minimum amount of money that you'll have to spend to purchase the entire game as it is currently.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
If you buy the area, it is free to ALL pirates on that one account: trust me, I'm a crowns player and I've bought all the zones.
It is more expensive than a yearly membership and is slower in play through, but on the plus side I don't have to worry & rush through the game, afraid that my membership will run out at a critical part of the story. Plus, when we get these long breaks between updates, I'm still accessing zones while members who don't continue are stuck on Skull Island.
It is pretty expensive to do crowns access for all areas, but as Anecorbie has said, it's definitely worth it in the long run if you still want to explore at max level.

Alternatively, I'd suggest buying the areas you know for sure you'll want access to, like The Machine and the parts of MooShu you need to have to access Moo Manchu's Tower. (Is that still a hot thing to do? It's really been a while.)

I myself have bought a few areas here and there to keep some higher level content open so I'm not beating my head against a wall with nothing to do but low-level mob farming. The only problem is hitching a teleport-to-friend ride over to Valencia if I forget to set a mark before porting back to Skull Island or one of my houses.