Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

When will updates come

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I feel very discouraged from playing Pirate101 because it feels like we are never getting an update at this rate
:( I wanna go to El Dorado, the story must go on!

Ensign
Aug 29, 2008
Yeah dude it sucks we haven't gotten anything in awhile. I know they think wiz is better because its more profitable but what I think they don't realize is that the wiz community has grown a lot recently and that a lot of wiz players don't play pirate cause they don't update the game. honestly pirate would be as big if not bigger than wiz if they just updated the game at a regular rate. I have heard some rumors about polaris being added this year but honestly KI is prolly just gonna let me down when it comes to pirate. like they make enough money off of wiz to hire some new people for pirate. but all their job openings for their company are for their mobile games that will not last like pirate and wiz will.

lets just hope they do update it this year.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
HardyMarkScupper on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
Yeah dude it sucks we haven't gotten anything in awhile. I know they think wiz is better because its more profitable but what I think they don't realize is that the wiz community has grown a lot recently and that a lot of wiz players don't play pirate cause they don't update the game. honestly pirate would be as big if not bigger than wiz if they just updated the game at a regular rate. I have heard some rumors about polaris being added this year but honestly KI is prolly just gonna let me down when it comes to pirate. like they make enough money off of wiz to hire some new people for pirate. but all their job openings for their company are for their mobile games that will not last like pirate and wiz will.

lets just hope they do update it this year.
We are getting an update this year, they confirmed it during July 2018's Ki Live. They were planning to show us a preview of the update but they delayed it until August 2018's Ki Live as they needed more time to work on it.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
We are getting an update this year, they confirmed it during July 2018's Ki Live. They were planning to show us a preview of the update but they delayed it until August 2018's Ki Live as they needed more time to work on it.
Yeah. Probably some new mount skins and more quests from the "Party Barge".

Ensign
Jun 10, 2011
No new world this year, no more money from this pirate. And I will cancel my wiz account as well. Companies who ignore their customers will have no customers left.

Ensign
Aug 29, 2008
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
I know dude. they've just let me down so much recently. like I'm fine with getting update every two years as long as they communicate that they are actually updating it. the most we got of communication was september last year. I'm trying to keep my hopes up but i feel like this just want to forget about pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RobotPirate30 on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
Yeah. Probably some new mount skins and more quests from the "Party Barge".
Welcome, RobotPirate30! There has been a lot of mounts transported here, but I wouldn't say "nar" to extra party barge quests!
However, that Tom and Leah both made such an issue about "we have something to show, but it's not ready yet" tells me that it's something bigger. ( plus they seemed very excited about it ) If it was just a re-skin of pets and mounts, then they wouldn't have said anything at all.
Live in hope, mate, it's coming!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
HardyMarkScupper on Aug 5, 2018 wrote:
I know dude. they've just let me down so much recently. like I'm fine with getting update every two years as long as they communicate that they are actually updating it. the most we got of communication was september last year. I'm trying to keep my hopes up but i feel like this just want to forget about pirate.
Apparently, according to One Eyed Jack, we are getting word on an update on next months KI Live. That hasn't been confirmed yet though if it's just a small update or major with a test realm. So fingers crossed.

Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
I have been waiting for (Whenever Velencia 2 came out) and I honestly lost hope they are going to continue this game. You are right. Most people transferred from Pirate to Wizard. I could max out probably about 20 or even more by now! (I just don't have the time to do it) I will be devastated if they shut this game down, but by now I am pretty sure they will. And if they do, they probably just let down the whole community.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JPDunn1119 on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
I have been waiting for (Whenever Velencia 2 came out) and I honestly lost hope they are going to continue this game. You are right. Most people transferred from Pirate to Wizard. I could max out probably about 20 or even more by now! (I just don't have the time to do it) I will be devastated if they shut this game down, but by now I am pretty sure they will. And if they do, they probably just let down the whole community.
That was what players were saying before VA2 was released - that the game was going to end. ( They were wrong. )
That we have the comments of Tom & Leah ( Senior Producer at KingsIsle ) that they "have something to show us but it's not ready yet", should convince anyone that KI isn't going to close the game any time soon.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
JPDunn1119 on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
To be fair, I pinned this games shutdown in 2016, and yet here we still are. This game has the uncanny ability to keep its head above water even when things seems like the end is near, and I wouldn't doubt that it won't be around for at least a little bit longer.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
I feel very discouraged from playing Pirate101 because it feels like we are never getting an update at this rate
:( I wanna go to El Dorado, the story must go on!
They will come eventually.