Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mediums and what they can teach us

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 14, 2008
So this whole thread is for talking about the messages we find in the games, shows, books, comics, graphic novels, and so on that we consume for whatever reason.

The three biggest Anime/Manga with good lessons to teach, for me anyway, are One Piece, Mightests Disciple Kenichi, and Full Metal Alchemist. All three have different messages, but all three have messages that deserve to be discussed and maybe even learned and/or practiced. One Piece has overarching messages about freedom and acceptance, both excellent things to think about and discuss; Kenichi has lessons about how a lack of talent and your own dedication can lead to becoming something greater, also excellent things to think about and discuss; and Full Metal Alchemist has lessons about how mistakes can motivate and also has lessons about the nature of learning, both are important for both younger and older individuals.

Superman can teach us how inspiration can lead to greater things, and Batman can teach us the importance of cooperation. In the cases of Batman and One Piece, the main cast are makeshift families that come together to help each other and make each other better.

But these can also show us the darker side of things as well, Superman can show us the dangers of taking on things on your own, even if you feel the choices towards so are justified; Batman can show us the danger of fixation; One Piece can show us the dangers of disregarding consequences; Kenichi can show us the dangers of over and/or underestimating ourselves and others; Full Metal Alchemist can show us the dangers of taking an ideology to far and the dangers that come with coming to trying to fix mistakes.

But that's just some of the big ones for me and a general overview I got from all those series. What about the rest of you? What series do you like to follow? What sort of messages do you feel they teach you?