Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Player Housing for Members?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was just browsing the site and encountered this term under Shop on the Membership Page, in the list of what Subscribers receive for their membership.

What is meant by Player Housing? To my knowledge, members have the exact same options for housing as free-to-play. We pay the same amounts of gold/Crowns in the Crown Shop for everything. Don't we?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 5, 2018 wrote:
I was just browsing the site and encountered this term under Shop on the Membership Page, in the list of what Subscribers receive for their membership.

What is meant by Player Housing? To my knowledge, members have the exact same options for housing as free-to-play. We pay the same amounts of gold/Crowns in the Crown Shop for everything. Don't we?

Perhaps it refers to the Bank/Shared Bank? Members get more space in these than Free to Play gamers. In some games I've played, some housing depended on whether you were a member or not.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 5, 2018 wrote:
Perhaps it refers to the Bank/Shared Bank? Members get more space in these than Free to Play gamers. In some games I've played, some housing depended on whether you were a member or not.
I don't think Pirate101 members get larger banks. I have both membership and a free-to-play account and the banks are exactly the same.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Nov 6, 2018 wrote:
I don't think Pirate101 members get larger banks. I have both membership and a free-to-play account and the banks are exactly the same.

Yes, but there are definitely differences in backpacks.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
However. Members can expand their Banks and Backpacks with a Potion to a max of 200 spaces. I wish that I could also expand my Shared Bank too!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 7, 2018 wrote:
However. Members can expand their Banks and Backpacks with a Potion to a max of 200 spaces. I wish that I could also expand my Shared Bank too!
Can't non-members purchase those elixirs?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:

Yep, I have!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:

Yes, but since we have smaller backpacks in the first place, they don't go all the way to 200. 160, I think?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
To me, backpacks and bank spaced do not equal Player Housing. I would really like to know what was intended by the phrase.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
After looking at the page, I would ask Support under the Help menu.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
To me, backpacks and bank spaced do not equal Player Housing. I would really like to know what was intended by the phrase.

You're right, particularly as the extra bank and backpack space are listed as separate benefits. I have no idea, though, because my member accounts and non-member accounts seem to be exactly alike other than those two things and the whole having to purchase an area to play in it.