Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hey, how do ranged attack epics work on pets?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 16, 2012
I'm working on some sort of pet project by myself. I'm trying to go for a offensive built pet to go along with grizzled heart banner. I'm curious on how ranged epics work on pets who which I believe is all pets are melee as of now.
I tried searching something up, came out empty. Anyone anything know about this?

Let me say I have a pet with quick adjust 2? Will my quick adjust epic function after my pet misses any basic attack? Will it act on top of second chance 2?

thanks to anyone who replies! thank you!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Welcome, Joss Frost!

A select few pets attack in a ranged way, I think. I know that the Clockwork Spider is one, but I don't know of any others, sorry.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I don't think they work with pets, there's a few powers pets get that can be ranged but things like selfish quick adjust 1 don't work with pets (hans grouper has it first gen and can't even use it, which is generally agreed with most professional morphers to be the worst talent in the game for pets)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
What about the chameleons? Do they have ranged attacks with their sticky tongues?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pet's stats can be boosted by buffs from your pirate; my witchdoctor ( 3rd account ) has a golden sky dragon that demonstrates a ranged attack and gets an agility boost from my juju power.
However, I have never seen an overwatch or readied spell from any pet, if this answers your question?