Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crafting should be added to the game, and bought from scrips

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
We need more stuff to spend scrips on, and also for scrip prices to be made more reasonable for various items.

Scrips are fairly hard to come by in large amounts, one really has to work upon scrip accumulation to buy stuff with it. As such, good recipes could be put in the game for scrip, and it would require quite a bit for any player to get the recipe and then put together the ingredients for what they want (as it should be).

Weapons and armor recipes might still have a rank requirement to purchase, but that wouldn't be bad if 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, were added to the game, and players didn't lose rank, or much rank when losing in those matches. Ideally one would not lose any points for a loss in battle royal matches either, since the odds of winning a 4 person match would be 1 in 4 given evenly matched pirates. This means the only time one loses points in ranked PvP would be in 1v1 matches, which might be nice to keep that way so one may downrank if they so choose, since 1v1 matches should be the only ones that require rank to pair pirates up against one another for a match to start. But to be honest, rank to pair pirates against one another shouldn't be used, and should be switched out to a pirate's level instead, as it is harder to win against one who is around your level than one who is ranked far below you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Feb 6, 2021 wrote:
We need more stuff to spend scrips on, and also for scrip prices to be made more reasonable for various items.

Scrips are fairly hard to come by in large amounts, one really has to work upon scrip accumulation to buy stuff with it. As such, good recipes could be put in the game for scrip, and it would require quite a bit for any player to get the recipe and then put together the ingredients for what they want (as it should be).

Weapons and armor recipes might still have a rank requirement to purchase, but that wouldn't be bad if 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, were added to the game, and players didn't lose rank, or much rank when losing in those matches. Ideally one would not lose any points for a loss in battle royal matches either, since the odds of winning a 4 person match would be 1 in 4 given evenly matched pirates. This means the only time one loses points in ranked PvP would be in 1v1 matches, which might be nice to keep that way so one may downrank if they so choose, since 1v1 matches should be the only ones that require rank to pair pirates up against one another for a match to start. But to be honest, rank to pair pirates against one another shouldn't be used, and should be switched out to a pirate's level instead, as it is harder to win against one who is around your level than one who is ranked far below you.
Definitely want crafting to come to P101, and having "extra special" recipes in the Black Market is a good idea. I think Battle Royale (as fun as it has been) ought not to contribute ranks at all, as many are "boosting" to get to a higher rank. It can still give scrip for wins/losses, though.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Feb 9, 2021 wrote:
Definitely want crafting to come to P101, and having "extra special" recipes in the Black Market is a good idea. I think Battle Royale (as fun as it has been) ought not to contribute ranks at all, as many are "boosting" to get to a higher rank. It can still give scrip for wins/losses, though.
Players wouldn't have to do "boosting" if losses didn't subtract as much or more than a win, and if players could get matches after obtaining higher ranks. If people are boosting, its cause of the mechanics in the game pretty much forcing them to. If you dangle equipment, mounts, and the like in front of players and then make it next to impossible for most to ever get, they are going to find workarounds that are a bit shady.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Feb 10, 2021 wrote:
Players wouldn't have to do "boosting" if losses didn't subtract as much or more than a win, and if players could get matches after obtaining higher ranks. If people are boosting, its cause of the mechanics in the game pretty much forcing them to. If you dangle equipment, mounts, and the like in front of players and then make it next to impossible for most to ever get, they are going to find workarounds that are a bit shady.
Then it's the players who cheat and not the program at fault, win or lose you still get scrip. Besides farming ships or ranked PVP, you can get scrip from the Smuggler's Gauntlet in the crown shop or from the wishing well in the Smuggler's House also crown shop and can be bought for gold.
TIP: The Pirate Nightmare Pack has an item the Skull Safe ( I think that's it's name) that when sold in the Black Market can get you 3,000 scrip.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Feb 15, 2021 wrote:
Then it's the players who cheat and not the program at fault, win or lose you still get scrip. Besides farming ships or ranked PVP, you can get scrip from the Smuggler's Gauntlet in the crown shop or from the wishing well in the Smuggler's House also crown shop and can be bought for gold.
TIP: The Pirate Nightmare Pack has an item the Skull Safe ( I think that's it's name) that when sold in the Black Market can get you 3,000 scrip.
Scrip isn't really the issue, outside of outrageous prices on quite a few items that aren't worth a fraction of what the game is demanding for them.

The issue is obtaining rank to be able to get anything. The current system is too hard to get rank, especially when you can't be matched up with others of your rank cause they aren't around. If the best players rise up in rank, and lose more points on a loss than they gain from a win, well hardly anybody is going to a high enough rank to buy anything that requires rank, unless they do so dubiously. I assure you that people are having their friends forfeit to help rank them up, and are also using second accounts to forfeit against themselves.

If you play ranked PvP you will likely run into a situation quite often where the other player says "free win, I was helping boost a friend." They say such a thing when you get the match against them that they were trying to forfeit to their friend.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Feb 19, 2021 wrote:
Scrip isn't really the issue, outside of outrageous prices on quite a few items that aren't worth a fraction of what the game is demanding for them.

The issue is obtaining rank to be able to get anything. The current system is too hard to get rank, especially when you can't be matched up with others of your rank cause they aren't around. If the best players rise up in rank, and lose more points on a loss than they gain from a win, well hardly anybody is going to a high enough rank to buy anything that requires rank, unless they do so dubiously. I assure you that people are having their friends forfeit to help rank them up, and are also using second accounts to forfeit against themselves.

If you play ranked PvP you will likely run into a situation quite often where the other player says "free win, I was helping boost a friend." They say such a thing when you get the match against them that they were trying to forfeit to their friend.
Been there, seen that. Also a few cowards who saw my (supposedly) "OP" team, cursed me, then fled. This was in the early days of Ranked PVP, though. I can't understand why they flee, it's a loss just the same and you lose the scrip "compensation" as well.

However, I didn't realize you were talking about the Ranked PVP items in the Brawlin' Hall; I was speaking about the items in the Black Market.
I'm sure we could both agree that more items in the BM would be good for the game (& that scrip crafting recipes would be great, also).