Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is good gear for a Level 70 Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I ask this question on behalf of a very close acquaintance of mine. They are considering returning to Pirate101 and wish to begin preparing their pirates for potential future updates. They asked me what gear would be best for a max level Witchdoctor to use, but I have no idea... so I'm asking the message boards.

I don't have a Witchdoctor that I use, so I'd like to request the second opinion of those that do have one. I'd simply like to what gear you like to use and why you find it useful.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
It really depends on what type of witchdoctor they are playing, as a staffy witch will be using different gear than a staffy shooty witch or a staffy melee witch. Different players also prefer different abilities from each other, and some simply go for stats. The point is, there isn't any one best gear of any item for a witchdoctor as it all boils down to how a player wants to build theirs. Granted, most will want to farm Captain Blood's Jacket due to Blood Flames being OP (a whole lot of players would like to see Blood Flames not be OP despite it being banned in PvP... hint: if it has to be banned in PvP then that is a clue that it likely needs to be looked at). If you go staffy, then the scorpion staff farmed from Moo Manchu is a viable choice, though many go with Phule's wand.

What I see occurring is that people who play Wizard101 are so used to everyone going after the same equipment cause there tends to be equipment and equipment sets that are best for all wizards of a school, but in Pirate101 and the appearance of the secret trainers, people have tossed aside what equipment is best for a Pirate class so that they could customize their pirates into hybrids which tend to enjoy more.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Feb 26, 2021 wrote:
I ask this question on behalf of a very close acquaintance of mine. They are considering returning to Pirate101 and wish to begin preparing their pirates for potential future updates. They asked me what gear would be best for a max level Witchdoctor to use, but I have no idea... so I'm asking the message boards.

I don't have a Witchdoctor that I use, so I'd like to request the second opinion of those that do have one. I'd simply like to what gear you like to use and why you find it useful.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.
Well, farming for Blood's Jacket is good place to start. Also gear that grants a valor's fort(or do I mean armor?) the one with an absorb. (This is boosted by Scratch's mojo, too.)

I really like the Masque of the Lotus which comes with Charm (talent), if his/her witchdoctor has a very high will, it will activate more.
Check the P101 wiki for more information.

Ensign
Apr 04, 2020
Realistically, they could use nothing but Bazaar gear.
However, when it comes to "best" gear two things come to mind: Captain Blood's Jacket (and the Obsidian alternative) and Phule's Wand (or Moo Manchu's Wand).

Both of these items give immense power to a Witchdoctor. The first gives Blood flames which is just a super strong ability. The second gives 6 base range plus a free Witchhunter rank (the Moo Manchu wand gives cowards bane).

Besides these, any items with Juju, heals, protections, or other will-based buffs are also great items for a Witchdoctor.