Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's the easiest and hardest class for you to play as?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
For me easiest is Witchdoctor and hardest is Privateer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
Easiest for me is swashbuckler. Also musketeer in the higher levels, and hardest is privateer.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 9, 2021 wrote:
Easiest for me is swashbuckler. Also musketeer in the higher levels, and hardest is privateer.
Swashbuckler is kinda hard for beginners but once you master it, it's pretty good! I regret choosing Privy as my first...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Swashbuckler was by far the hardest for me to play, mainly cause I constantly kept falling asleep while playing it. I really don't like the class, just isn't my type of play. Also, having high dodge seems broken, since everything was made to hit easier, high dodge is hit easy enough by low accuracy. In Valancia Part 2, everyone seemed to detect invisibility and so that edge seemed lost on the swashbuckler who suddenly was being charged and hit by about everything.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
Witchdocter is probably the easiest solo class(with you generally killing most enemies with 2 aoe spells in the late game) followed up by Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Buccaneer, and Privateer, in that order

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 11, 2021 wrote:
Swashbuckler was by far the hardest for me to play, mainly cause I constantly kept falling asleep while playing it. I really don't like the class, just isn't my type of play. Also, having high dodge seems broken, since everything was made to hit easier, high dodge is hit easy enough by low accuracy. In Valancia Part 2, everyone seemed to detect invisibility and so that edge seemed lost on the swashbuckler who suddenly was being charged and hit by about everything.
Almost all melee in VA2 have the talent First Strike at 3 ranks; this removes the hidden advantage of double weapon damage. I suggest that you use the hide factor to give you time to buff and shield.