Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

make it so you dont get kicked when afk

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 08, 2019
When i'm in a dungeon and wanna save my progress
i might just do the afk thing but it dosen't work for some reason and i don't know why its even a part of the game.
So i really hope you could make it so you don't get kicked for being afk for to long Sincerely- Practical Brand Upham Nervous Paul Emmet And Stout Oliver Blake.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Welcome aboard the message boards!

Whenever you have to go afk for a while(while not in combat of course), you can hold the SHIFT key + LEFT key or RIGHT key and then release the keys in that order(I'm not 100% sure on the order you release). If done correctly, your pirate will continually spin in place and the game won't boot you while your gone. When you want to stop spinning, moving in the opposite direction should stop it. If that doesn't work, find something heavy to put on either your LEFT key or RIGHT key which will effectively induce the same effect.

I believe the big reason why it boots you when you're afk is to prevent players from draining server resources. A server has a finite number of sockets/ports(idk the proper term) to give to players to connect and play the game. If a player is connected for hours and not doing anything, that's a socket being taken that could go to a person actively playing. Idk what the specific, nitty-gritty logistics look like on KI's side, but broadly, I believe that's the reason for booting afk players.

Hope that helps!

Fearless Dolan Grant Lvl 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jun 17, 2021 wrote:
Welcome aboard the message boards!

Whenever you have to go afk for a while(while not in combat of course), you can hold the SHIFT key + LEFT key or RIGHT key and then release the keys in that order(I'm not 100% sure on the order you release). If done correctly, your pirate will continually spin in place and the game won't boot you while your gone. When you want to stop spinning, moving in the opposite direction should stop it. If that doesn't work, find something heavy to put on either your LEFT key or RIGHT key which will effectively induce the same effect.

I believe the big reason why it boots you when you're afk is to prevent players from draining server resources. A server has a finite number of sockets/ports(idk the proper term) to give to players to connect and play the game. If a player is connected for hours and not doing anything, that's a socket being taken that could go to a person actively playing. Idk what the specific, nitty-gritty logistics look like on KI's side, but broadly, I believe that's the reason for booting afk players.

Hope that helps!

Fearless Dolan Grant Lvl 70
This is the method I use:left arrow and while holding Crtl c keys, then release. your character should be spinning.