Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please Help, Game Glitched!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2020
I have fought medusa twice, successfully killed her, and when I get to the point I give Ulysses his bow, I am unable to. Therefore, I am stuck in this point of the quest.

I am not sure what to do, so I have contacted support inside of the website, but I was just wondering if I was just doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Quinn Jones, , Level 65

(PS.) This is my first post, please tell me if it's in the wrong subject.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
Ahoy!

To anyone reading this, I've read up on this subject, and I think it's a glitch from fast traveling instead of letting Medea teleport you! Anyways, I was wondering how long it would take for Kingsisle to respond, I've gotten the ticket but it's almost already been 48 hours.

Thanks,

Quinn Jones, , 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuckOfDeath524 on Sep 19, 2021 wrote:
I have fought medusa twice, successfully killed her, and when I get to the point I give Ulysses his bow, I am unable to. Therefore, I am stuck in this point of the quest.

I am not sure what to do, so I have contacted support inside of the website, but I was just wondering if I was just doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Quinn Jones, , Level 65

(PS.) This is my first post, please tell me if it's in the wrong subject.
1.) Did you remember to collect the statue of Nigel Whethersfield and deliver him to Madea?
2.) Did you use Madea's teleport to Ithaca?
If the answer is yes to both questions, then you must contact Support to get help.
Glitches and bugs should be reported in the "Bilge Pump" section.
Good Luck and welcome to the message boards, Quinn Jones!

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
This is more than likely one of the most common glitches Pirate101 has for people to encounter.

There's not much you can do, except for email support, and have them give you the next quest in the chain (retaking the palace iirc)

It's been around since 2013, was hoping the patch during the summer fixed it, unfortunately not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
caleb10104 on Sep 22, 2021 wrote:
This is more than likely one of the most common glitches Pirate101 has for people to encounter.

There's not much you can do, except for email support, and have them give you the next quest in the chain (retaking the palace iirc)

It's been around since 2013, was hoping the patch during the summer fixed it, unfortunately not.
In many cases of this glitch it seems to be because the players have forgotten to complete the quest (especially the part about using Madea's teleport). So how is this the "fault" of KingsIsle?

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
anecorbie on Sep 24, 2021 wrote:
In many cases of this glitch it seems to be because the players have forgotten to complete the quest (especially the part about using Madea's teleport). So how is this the "fault" of KingsIsle?
A bug in the game, no matter if it's done via player's ignorance or not, should always be the fault of Kingsisle for not catching it and not fixing it.

Especially for bugs that have existed nearly as long as the entire game itself.

Sometimes it isn't even the fault of the player- I've seen a streamer get locked out of it without even doing what most people do to get locked out of it, he still used Medea's Port, to say a bug that made it past Q/A testers or a bug or glitch that has been in the game for a long time is not the fault of the developers is quite silly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
caleb10104 on Sep 26, 2021 wrote:
A bug in the game, no matter if it's done via player's ignorance or not, should always be the fault of Kingsisle for not catching it and not fixing it.

Especially for bugs that have existed nearly as long as the entire game itself.

Sometimes it isn't even the fault of the player- I've seen a streamer get locked out of it without even doing what most people do to get locked out of it, he still used Medea's Port, to say a bug that made it past Q/A testers or a bug or glitch that has been in the game for a long time is not the fault of the developers is quite silly.
To complete a quest it is necessary to do every step of the quest. KingsIsle is not responsible to "fix" something that is in the player's hands.
Hydra was a true glitch and has been fixed - this Ulysses glitch was reported fixed. It now seems that those reporting problems after the bug fix are neglecting to do every step.
If this glitch can't be fixed by returning to Madea and using the teleport; then KI must check on what's causing the problem, until then, they must contact Support.
I'm not saying that KI isn't at fault, if the glitch isn't the result of neglecting a necessary step to the quest.
And I wish that those who have reported this problem would return to their posts and let us know the results; I would like to know if it's a valid glitch or that the advice was sound and solved their problem.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
anecorbie on Sep 28, 2021 wrote:
To complete a quest it is necessary to do every step of the quest. KingsIsle is not responsible to "fix" something that is in the player's hands.
Hydra was a true glitch and has been fixed - this Ulysses glitch was reported fixed. It now seems that those reporting problems after the bug fix are neglecting to do every step.
If this glitch can't be fixed by returning to Madea and using the teleport; then KI must check on what's causing the problem, until then, they must contact Support.
I'm not saying that KI isn't at fault, if the glitch isn't the result of neglecting a necessary step to the quest.
And I wish that those who have reported this problem would return to their posts and let us know the results; I would like to know if it's a valid glitch or that the advice was sound and solved their problem.
Yes, the results are good, KI fixed it. I had teleported to the point where I was supposed to go without Medea's teleport, so it didn't work. After, I tried and went to Medea, and the teleport DID take me there, however, it was still broken.

If this was referenced toward me, sorry I hadn't responded in a while.

Yeah, just a thanks to KI again and also thanks to that I was able to beat Kane.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuckOfDeath524 on Sep 28, 2021 wrote:
Yes, the results are good, KI fixed it. I had teleported to the point where I was supposed to go without Medea's teleport, so it didn't work. After, I tried and went to Medea, and the teleport DID take me there, however, it was still broken.

If this was referenced toward me, sorry I hadn't responded in a while.

Yeah, just a thanks to KI again and also thanks to that I was able to beat Kane.
This is good to know. In the future when others are reporting this problem, I will leave off suggesting to use Madea's teleport and just ask Support for help.