Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Time to lower difficulty please

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2010
So as this game is not as popular as it used to be, you can hardly find anyone to run the dungeons with. Its time to lower the difficulty and turn it into a single player game with options to play multi player. Can do this by one of 2 ways.. just straight up lower the difficulty or have it adjust based on how many are in the party. I love pirate and all its glory, but i cant even really play dungeons or anything that requires more than one person due to the difficulty of some of them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KI has lowered the difficulty of P101 over the years; I've been playing this game since the beginning and have seen this trend.
Just recently (two years ago, I believe) KI had the FTUD (First Time Users Difficulty) issued which reduced the health of all content under level 40.
I have soloed almost all content of this game*, it doesn't need more "watering down", in fact, we need more challenging instances.
To make things easier there are some things you can try:
Get a good pet
Train up and use all companions, not just your "favorite" three

Farm for high powered boss gear
Join with friends and open the Group Plunder Chests (chests with locks, give doubloons & sometimes gear.)

* The Tower of Moo Manchu, and Smuggler's Arena. Any Obsidian Key Boss (I hang my head in shame...)

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Everything can be done solo now, though a FEW fights are difficult intentionally.
Tower of Moo, Machine, Sinbad... what else is hard?

I don't think the game needs to be any easier. Overall balance and difficulty seems right.

Ensign
Sep 26, 2021
Lol this game is laughably easy, which includes endgame content. There's absolutely 0 reason to ever contemplate nerfing anything further. If anything, this game should be harder.