Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Enemies crit too hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 19, 2008
Hey guys i want to know your opinion on this. So i buffed my swashbuckler with big juju 2 times and one great juju, one wind spirit and one juju. And they were not able to crit at all through the match and the enemies swashbuckler was and hit me for 1500 without any boosts at all. I usually dont like to scream op but that is a little. I changed up mys strategy two times after that and the result was the same. So my question is how do i get past this i mean doesnt the crit system work off of how low your opponents will, strength, or agility is? Anyone your words of wisdom would be helpful. BTW my swashbuckler had max agility.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
i dont know why but in general enemies have very high critical rates and do around three to four times their normal attack. this is why i got stuck in the crystal quarry in the valencia two story.
when playing around with my musket who is in cool ranch i found that this is a problem here too.
i still dont have many problems when doing a solo of the game. pirates have a lower crit rate its not a big deal.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Aaron013u on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys i want to know your opinion on this. So i buffed my swashbuckler with big juju 2 times and one great juju, one wind spirit and one juju. And they were not able to crit at all through the match and the enemies swashbuckler was and hit me for 1500 without any boosts at all. I usually dont like to scream op but that is a little. I changed up mys strategy two times after that and the result was the same. So my question is how do i get past this i mean doesnt the crit system work off of how low your opponents will, strength, or agility is? Anyone your words of wisdom would be helpful. BTW my swashbuckler had max agility.
It's not just how "low" your opponents stats are... it's a ratio of the difference between theirs and yours. And then there's luck on top of that. Your character's stat might be maxed out but we never really know how high our opponents stats are. If the difference is relatively small then there's a good chance you won't critical... and an equally good chance that the opponent will. There's little logic behind that last statement... only observation.
OP? Yeah maybe so... but face it, for the most part we get a lot more advantages than the enemies do.
Bottom line... don't EVER depend on critical hits. Enjoy them when they happen but don't count on it. The only time it's almost guaranteed to happen is when you use a turn to take out a fire trap or obstacle.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Retrain with some defense. Get an equipment with a fort. Use a dodge buff or doubloon.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jun 23, 2014
By what you're describing, I'm assuming you're talking about the Royal Guards in Duomo? If so, like you, I have also fallen prey to their insane critical hits, even with the buffs of a near max Privateer. Even with high dodge, critical hits are impossible to counter and my best advice for enemies like that is this: If you're not a Witchdoctor, team up with a player who is. They are the best class to handle this type of battle. Their drain attacks, chain lightning, blood flames, and charm help a lot to defeat these tough enemies. As far as companion selection, I have noted one constant pattern in the guards' attacks: If a guard goes up against a strong, formidable companion such as El Toro, you are more likely to see them do 1500-2500 damage crit. However, if you use a weaker companion who is less likely to crit and has lower health, they generally only do about 400-800 damage critical against them. I'm not sure why this is, but it's a pattern I've noticed. For example: the battle I won, I chose lvl 69 Shiruku Neko, lvl 58 Gracie Conrad, and lvl 58 Old Scratch. I also teamed up with a Witchdoctor and used Old Scratch's buff to increase his spell power.
I hope this helped!
Harmony Vane, Kane's Conqueror, lvl 70