Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thank you for a max dungeon, but what about lower?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I haven't gotten inside the Dreadnaught yet, due to disconnecting -- however, my thoughts are running toward the fact that Valencia II was for maxed pirates, and now once again, new content is for maxed pirates and not ALL pirates. When will something new that everyone can enjoy be available?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
I haven't gotten inside the Dreadnaught yet, due to disconnecting -- however, my thoughts are running toward the fact that Valencia II was for maxed pirates, and now once again, new content is for maxed pirates and not ALL pirates. When will something new that everyone can enjoy be available?
There should be side content for lower, but they do have something to enjoy now - they're still questing. We max leveled pirates who have finished Valencia2 need this new content to keep us occupied ( plus the weapon drops are at max level & powerful ).
I'm still hoping for Crafting ( and that's something ALL levels can enjoy ).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
There should be side content for lower, but they do have something to enjoy now - they're still questing. We max leveled pirates who have finished Valencia2 need this new content to keep us occupied ( plus the weapon drops are at max level & powerful ).
I'm still hoping for Crafting ( and that's something ALL levels can enjoy ).
That's something I would like. Moreover, the throught about that brings up the matter to my suggestion of adding Dungeon Tales, that contains packs, or Volumes, in the case through use in the literal verbal wording, of Dungeon Zones, harboring new adventures to not just high & max-level Pirates, but to lower-level Pirates, too.

Likely, the new max-level boss turret/instance hybrid is what we need, a new challenge to keep us away from boredom while more updates get made.

Like Blind Mew said before, KI needs us to help them in bringing in many more new people to play P101 so they can keep making more updates to it, & even to W101, too, even if it means bringing back past people who haven't played it in such a long time, due to their patience that worn thin through waiting so long to see more story updates, even if the original outline to the 1st arc was changed to the shortened state we all now see today.

Well, nevertheless, I say, this is a bit of a start to accomplishing that approach in Mew's statement. Better to have something new to get people to play it again than nothing, yes?

Let's all enjoy the new update, and keep on helping Mew & KI with their process!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone playing Pirate101 has all maxed pirates waiting for more to do. There are those of us who want other, immersive content -- new packs, side activities, etc., because getting to the end is not our only goal here.

Give us a reason to sail the skyways -- collecting materials for forging into new gear. Give us a reason to go back and visit the Water Moles of the Gold Mine, in order to trade for goods.

Frankly, I know that PvP is a lucrative business, but I'm tired of most of the conversations centering around more powerful talents to beat each other up with.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I love your enthusiasm and hope, I used to have that as well, in fact I LOVED this game!

It's sad because this was my escape from the frustrations of the world. Unfortunately, with all the waiting, and let downs, this game has rather become a major source of frustration.

For me, and many others, this is just too little TOO LATE!!!
My credit card information has been deleted, and I will not be renewing my membership.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone playing Pirate101 has all maxed pirates waiting for more to do. There are those of us who want other, immersive content -- new packs, side activities, etc., because getting to the end is not our only goal here.

Give us a reason to sail the skyways -- collecting materials for forging into new gear. Give us a reason to go back and visit the Water Moles of the Gold Mine, in order to trade for goods.

Frankly, I know that PvP is a lucrative business, but I'm tired of most of the conversations centering around more powerful talents to beat each other up with.
Willowydream, even a PVPer can get tired of the constant whining and complaining of PVP competitors. Has there ever been a month without a complaint?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
A low level dungeon... why not?

But what about people that dont have lower level pirates?

They have to create one just to do that dungeon?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:

Has there ever been a dungeon or instance that a max level can't enter? When the Blood Shoals expansion came out, I took all my max level pirates through the entire quest line, just for fun!
So bring on a side content low level gauntlet - I could always use more "collectibles"!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

Even high level pirates can access lower-level dungeons (except for class-only or promotion quests)... They don't need to create new ones unless they want to.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:

Most of the Pirate101 updates have been for all levels, this is one of the few updates (outside of new worlds) targeting max pirates.

For example, recent updates:

Ranked PvP
Hidden trainers
Captain quarters
Black Market/scrip

Yes, "recent" is a relative term, but I think that is the larger issue. An overall lack of consistent updates creates an environment of one or the other. I very excited about the test realm, not for the targeted audience of the content, but rather a sign of commitment by KI to update Pirate101 more consistently now.

Crafting needs to come to Pirate101.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

The time to create a dungeon, even a side dungeon zone, depends, but they can't just do it out of nowhere.

Some of KI's devs would have to create new game assets to make one, like, concept art images, textures, programming, models, their length(E.G., the bosses, mob battles, even new ones, & instance chambers), even stories, likely to pick up where which one side story, or a fragment in the main story left off, or make a new one, & end-of-instance quest rewards.

My point is, if KI wants to make a side dungeon zone, they need some time to do it, even if many people wanted them to.

Well, I can presume the new dungeon took a few months to make since Valencia II went Live, or maybe before. I don't know.

Likely, the outer look on that dreadnought that looks unfinished took some time to make, rather than to re-use previous ones that exist. That creates repetition, &, as one of KI's former writers, King Artorius, spoke before in this KI Blog post about dungeon designing, even in W101, endless repetition is the death of creativity. Read that, & you'll get the gist of it.

Does that help answer your question?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
Most of the Pirate101 updates have been for all levels, this is one of the few updates (outside of new worlds) targeting max pirates.

For example, recent updates:

Ranked PvP
Hidden trainers
Captain quarters
Black Market/scrip

Yes, "recent" is a relative term, but I think that is the larger issue. An overall lack of consistent updates creates an environment of one or the other. I very excited about the test realm, not for the targeted audience of the content, but rather a sign of commitment by KI to update Pirate101 more consistently now.

Crafting needs to come to Pirate101.

This is true -- I guess maybe since my pirates are scattered through all of the worlds, something that affects only two or three of them seems less exciting.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Willowydream on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
Even high level pirates can access lower-level dungeons (except for class-only or promotion quests)... They don't need to create new ones unless they want to.
Good point... but it's no fun if its too easy :p

Ensign
Mar 13, 2010
Everyone can (eventually) participate in a (current) Max level instance.

Low-level instances can be run by high level pirates, sure, but they're not likely to be all that FUN for anyone more than ten levels above the intention. Regardless of enemy powers or battle board, our current powers so far outweigh theirs that we can end battles in one round. I like playing.

Yes, we can take all our gear off, use low-level weapons, but our companions are still Maxed out and I, personally, don't think I should have to force a game to be fun. That's not why I pay for it.

I'm not against lower-level additions, but they shouldn't be at the expense of progress and story improvements.
Most players likely have at least one Max pirate (given that the game was basically stalled for three years) so a Max level dungeon was obviously the most bang for developer buck. Future updates may focus on low/mid level, but this one had to be Max level to prevent mutiny or marooning.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
Good point... but it's no fun if its too easy :p
Hmm, ye have a good point there also... how about running a low level dungeon without gear, pet and with those lousy, fourth tier companions?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
.anecorbie: "how about running a low level dungeon without gear, pet and with those lousy, fourth tier companions?"

..or no companions.

Of course, that largely requires putting everyone on a chore and then having someone punch out your first mate, so a bit drastic.

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
Hmm, ye have a good point there also... how about running a low level dungeon without gear, pet and with those lousy, fourth tier companions?
You almost tempt me to go random :p