Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Beginners free to play?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 04, 2016
When you start off pirate101 it is fun until your reach blood shoals and need to pay make skull island free again for non members give them the presido also i'm lvl 29 so not complaining just saying

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I agree. They shouldn't have to pay until they inherit the skiff from the frog father in Jonah town. New players need to experience what the game is like more by playing for free through the several story archs between starting and flotsam skyway.

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
kingsisle worked really hard on the game and probably used money to make it. i mean, would you want money if you made an amazing game?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Erin The Buccaneer on Oct 8, 2016 wrote:
kingsisle worked really hard on the game and probably used money to make it. i mean, would you want money if you made an amazing game?
The reason to make those areas free is to give all players a really good feel for the game to that point (and to get them hooked on playing it). I could see making all but going back to help the Aztecosaur's free.

If you had a stupendous game (like Pirate101) but charged for all of it, I am not sure you would get enough players to make it worth your while to keep it up and running.

Part of the problem has been that Kingsisle stopped updating Pirate101 for a long time. Some (maybe alot) of the players probably maxed out their characters and left (maybe for other games that had updates).