Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Arc 2 Theories, Ideas and Specualtions!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Hey, gang! With the defeat of Kane and the conclusion of Arc 1, I wanted to start a conversation on ideas and speculations about what new adventures could come our way. I have a few ideas and theories I wanted to share with you all. I hope to hear your thoughts and some of you own theories about Arc 2. Thanks!

1.) Wrecks Like Clockwork: One thing that stuck out to me that another Pirate mentioned was that when Alexander the Great fell, his empire splintered apart; caused havoc across the land. As we've seen recently, a similar thing is happening. I don't think the victory of Kane is just a simple switch of an off button. The Armada is like an anthill and we've merely dug our hand straight into the pit to catch Kane, but in that all the Clockworks are left to sow chaos on every world Kane sent them to. We've just seen an inkling of that with the Dreadnaught. I'll also mention that Skull Island (and VA and MB) is sprinkled with Armada troops who, without leadership, and now come out and attack civilians willy-nilly. I think a big thing in Arc 2 will be for us Pirates to try and dwindle down these Haywire troops and restore order.

2.) Cadiz and Kane's Map Pieces: In the quest "Paper Chase" on our first visit to Valencia, Historian Gonzago said Cadiz was Kane's center of power and to go there would be suicide. Even with Kane's fall, I would still imagine Cadiz is a dangerous place and well guarded by chaotic Clockworks.

In Valencia, Calabria Skyway leads off to Andalusian Skyway. Andalusia is an actual place in Spain and within it, there is a city called Cadiz. Given KI's nature to pull from real places, one could infer then that Cadiz is in Andalusian Skyway. Blind Mew has described the Skyway as a very stormy place, where Valencia builds its ships. We could then assume that many more factories, like the Clock Works or shipping hubs, are held there so there would be an overwhelming number of topnotch Clockworks and Armada Ships left in Andalusian Skyway to guard Kane's essentials. During the majority of the story, you could assume that Kane would keep his precious items, the Map Pieces, in his place of power; or at least leave clues as to where they are kept for such contingencies.

Now, you might ask: "Why would we go to Cadiz for a chance at Map Pieces?" It's less about the Map Pieces and more about the consequences for Skull Island and the rest of the Spiral. Port Regal has a Stormgate to a part of Valencia that requires a Red Windstone. For this theory, let's say it was planned to lead to Andalusian Skyway. With Kane gone, now some of his most prominent Armada agents are free to recklessly attack as that's all they were programmed for. Which means, they have a direct access to destroy our home. Driving into danger to save our SI and our Marleybonian allies, as well as come across possible information as to where else the haywire Armada maybe AND find Kane's Map Pieces makes for an interesting 2nd Arc beginning, no?

[The End?...

...to be cont.]

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
Hey, gang! With the defeat of Kane and the conclusion of Arc 1, I wanted to start a conversation on ideas and speculations about what new adventures could come our way. I have a few ideas and theories I wanted to share with you all. I hope to hear your thoughts and some of you own theories about Arc 2. Thanks!

1.) Wrecks Like Clockwork: One thing that stuck out to me that another Pirate mentioned was that when Alexander the Great fell, his empire splintered apart; caused havoc across the land. As we've seen recently, a similar thing is happening. I don't think the victory of Kane is just a simple switch of an off button. The Armada is like an anthill and we've merely dug our hand straight into the pit to catch Kane, but in that all the Clockworks are left to sow chaos on every world Kane sent them to. We've just seen an inkling of that with the Dreadnaught. I'll also mention that Skull Island (and VA and MB) is sprinkled with Armada troops who, without leadership, and now come out and attack civilians willy-nilly. I think a big thing in Arc 2 will be for us Pirates to try and dwindle down these Haywire troops and restore order.

2.) Cadiz and Kane's Map Pieces: In the quest "Paper Chase" on our first visit to Valencia, Historian Gonzago said Cadiz was Kane's center of power and to go there would be suicide. Even with Kane's fall, I would still imagine Cadiz is a dangerous place and well guarded by chaotic Clockworks.

In Valencia, Calabria Skyway leads off to Andalusian Skyway. Andalusia is an actual place in Spain and within it, there is a city called Cadiz. Given KI's nature to pull from real places, one could infer then that Cadiz is in Andalusian Skyway. Blind Mew has described the Skyway as a very stormy place, where Valencia builds its ships. We could then assume that many more factories, like the Clock Works or shipping hubs, are held there so there would be an overwhelming number of topnotch Clockworks and Armada Ships left in Andalusian Skyway to guard Kane's essentials. During the majority of the story, you could assume that Kane would keep his precious items, the Map Pieces, in his place of power; or at least leave clues as to where they are kept for such contingencies.

Now, you might ask: "Why would we go to Cadiz for a chance at Map Pieces?" It's less about the Map Pieces and more about the consequences for Skull Island and the rest of the Spiral. Port Regal has a Stormgate to a part of Valencia that requires a Red Windstone. For this theory, let's say it was planned to lead to Andalusian Skyway. With Kane gone, now some of his most prominent Armada agents are free to recklessly attack as that's all they were programmed for. Which means, they have a direct access to destroy our home. Driving into danger to save our SI and our Marleybonian allies, as well as come across possible information as to where else the haywire Armada maybe AND find Kane's Map Pieces makes for an interesting 2nd Arc beginning, no?

[The End?...

...to be cont.]
Continuing on:
Other possible leads to Cadiz could be that the Resistance wants to reclaim all the areas that the Armada has occupied for so long. I could see them trying to "clean up" Andalusian Skyway would be among their priorities. Since we did play apart in causing this upset, I think it would be helpful for us to lend a hand. And if the story takes this route toward Cadiz, it could give us a chance to see what Queen could be doing after Kane's fall.

3.) It's a Witchdoctor's World:
As far as our possible next main villain goes, anything's up for grabs, but I do think it would be cool if our main antagonist was a Witchdoctor. Witchdoctors really took a backseat as the first Arc came to a close and Blind Mew has said that he hopes to remedy this with future stories. I think it would be a great first start in making our main villain a Witchdoctor. Kane was notably opposed to witchcraft and the Armada ban it outright in Valencia. With him out of the foreseeable picture, this leaves that class much more open as a more usable option. We could even go in a completely different direction with the personality of our next villain. Where Kane was cold, calculated, and reclusive, our next villain could be a bit warmer, outgoing, more headstrong and charismatic; maybe even closer to us than Kane was. Perhaps they could even start off as an ally before turning on us (Ah, piracy. Don't you love it?). There's also going with Captain Hande and Bob Carrington.

4.) A Time for Piracy: In our quest to reach El Dorado, we've amassed some very valuable Map Pieces. Even if Kane is gone, that doesn't be the pirate greed for a City of Gold is. The next Arc could be about us trying to evade powerful Pirate King and Queens from offing us for a way to reach El Dorado. This very spotlight might even reinstate our quest to El Dorado, just to keep others away from that place. This could also be a great way to get a closer look at the Pirate world we've left behind to take out Kane.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

[The End?...

...to be cont.]
Since the Armada seems to be going to pieces; we may not be concentrating on the map pieces and El Dorado, although that's still a possibility. As there is still Erica the Red ( surely she's heard that a young pirate has gathered some of Pollo's map pieces? Couldn't she be in contact with Egg Foo Yung? ) and we have Bob Carrington to watch out for.
I think it would be nice if our foster parents came into play in the second story arc.
And there is a possibility that the KI writers may come up with something we pirates don't have an inkling about at the moment. A different danger or threat to Skull Island?

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
Potential worlds are:
Darkmoor
Krokotopia
Grizzleheim
Polaris.
Here's an idea
Napoleguin enraged at the armada for inprisoning him and also trying to get power back. Seeing this we will probably hunt down the armada while taking down elites (seeing how the bear with the map peice may be a polar bear) to get information and access to their location (prison?)

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014

[The End?...

...to be cont.]
As we see in Callebra Skyway, there's a stormgate to Polaris, If you remember all the way back to Port Regal Napoelguin said " If you every need anything just ask me". So I'm guessing He will be traveling with us and maybe we might meet up with a wizard ( *wink* *wink* Kingsisle you hear this?)