Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Low Level PvP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 14, 2014
Ahoy there! While new to forum posts by no means am I new to the skyways. One aspect of gameplay I've taken liberties and giggles in has been ranked low lvl pvp! As with pet sparring it isn't all too popular yet however I've participated in several seasons (with lvl's 10-30 toons) and have had a blast However after having learned my way around this peculiar maverick of gameplay there are a few things I feel could be reassessed for improvement in the hopes to open up it's popularity.

First and largely is the player matching algorithm (this applies to any who might que under max lvl). Rank and level will determine the matches. This can often spur large lvl gaps between players and while this works in w101 this contrast in p101 I feel uncertain this functions well likewise. Unlike in w101 our abilities/powers will scale with a player's given lvl and so far as of yet ranked gear under champion does not exist so there is no compensation for a lower lvl as they rank up and pull higher and higher lvl opponents. That being said even if an under leveled fair ranked skilled captain is able to improve their own stats through say the prettiest stat ostrich you've ever seen and ranked gear his/her comps will still heavily reflect the level disparity in raw stats, and more pressing, performance.

For this issue two things I propose is a scaling system (ex: lvl 15 and lvl 25 pull each other however both are scaled to lvl 20 including their comps for the match) and more pvp gear for the other ranks under champion. This is my take on the matter but I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!