Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Feedback For EverClick

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
So today EverClick was announced on Steam (if you're not up to speed I suggest checking out KI's Facebook or Twitter page(s)), and though I won't be giving my opinion, since I intend to do so over on my Stream today/tomorrow, I was wondering what the general consensus' is? The next KI Live! is in 2 days, so now is a perfect time to air our reactions/grievances to KI so they can properly address them in the Stream (hopefully). Are you guys excited, disappointed, upset or indifferent? Let your voice be heard!

Mortifer Crow - Captain of The Silent Crows

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Nightblood1995 on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
So today EverClick was announced on Steam (if you're not up to speed I suggest checking out KI's Facebook or Twitter page(s)), and though I won't be giving my opinion, since I intend to do so over on my Stream today/tomorrow, I was wondering what the general consensus' is? The next KI Live! is in 2 days, so now is a perfect time to air our reactions/grievances to KI so they can properly address them in the Stream (hopefully). Are you guys excited, disappointed, upset or indifferent? Let your voice be heard!

I am excited because my tablet is not compatible with the games. I played Alpha cat for a bit on my PC using Blue Stacks but after they did an update my virus program refused to let me open it as it predicted cataclysmic danger. My virus program is a bit of a drama queen but I have learned to heed her. It would be great to be able to play the mobile games and see what happens to the ideas of maybe being able to show our great game to the hoards on Steam.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
For me personally it's a mixed bag of thoughts.

I think opening up the Steam Community to KI's PC games (P101/W101) could prove to be an extremely powerful path to productivity. That is if indeed the introduction/inclusion of current KI games, like our beloved P101/W101, is part of the plan (probably dependent upon how EverClicker/future App games are received).

As for EverClicker, I honestly don't see it as my style of game -- I've never been a huge fan of the 'clicker/masher' types of games. But I do believe that my kids would absolutely love it. And I will say this. As for 'clicker' types of games, EverClicker appears impressive compared to others of similar mold -- it looks much more polished, entertaining & interactive. I probably would not purchase it for myself to play, but I would certainly enjoy trying it out. And if my kids dug it, by all means I would buy it & they would be ever-clickin'.

I think the introduction of EverClicker, & KI games in general, could be a positive thing. My only concern is whether or not including current PC games are truly part of the Steam equation. I would hate to see P101 become an after thought if App/mobile style of games from KI really take off, & they decide to head down that avenue & only continue current games on some sort of maintenance level. But only KI knows its true intentions & future success will determine where they go from here.

I do wish that, since this a P101 forum & fanbase, that the introduction of EverClicker here on the P101 boards would have been accompanied by encouragement about the games we already hold dear to us. It seems that in the past years there has been a tad bit more info/promoting of non-P101 related games, on these boards, than there has been about P101 itself. KI may have every intention of using Steam & App gaming to support P101.

If that is the case, I only wish these announcements would also offer direct (not assumed) encouragement & reassurance about P101's future & progression.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

What's stream? is that like live stream

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I don't do phone games, so unless it's available for PC's I won't be playing it. I do think it's great that more KingsIsle games are being offered on various platforms and I did create an account on Steam and give this new game a thumbs up. KingsIsle products are top notch and success for one of their games might attract players to some of their other games. Hopefully Pirate101 will be one of the games to draw a few new players.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
I am excited because my tablet is not compatible with the games. I played Alpha cat for a bit on my PC using Blue Stacks but after they did an update my virus program refused to let me open it as it predicted cataclysmic danger. My virus program is a bit of a drama queen but I have learned to heed her. It would be great to be able to play the mobile games and see what happens to the ideas of maybe being able to show our great game to the hoards on Steam.
It's most likely just a false positive. Norton, McAfee (*shudder*) and all of the other 'mainstream' and common default Antivirus programs are prone to having a lot of those. You should be able to Whitelist applications from within your Antivirus program. I use BitDefender since it's top-rated for gamers due to utilizing the least amount of your system resources while having the least amount of false positives and the best protection you can get. Just a suggestion, though :)

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
silver swordcoral on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
What's stream? is that like live stream
I Stream Daily (currently, once I get my new work schedule sometime this week I can better adjust the schedule) over on Twitch. I have a post here in the Tavern about it and how to find me. Currently, I'm the only Streamer who plays Pirate101, according to those that found me on Twitch, so it shouldn't be hard to do so. Though I did give my opinion on EverClick a couple of days ago now, sorry for the late reply. I can't post a link to my channel due to ToS Rules and Regulations, but if you follow the directions in my post you should have no problem finding me.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
If Wiz and Pirate are put on steam, I hope we will be able to migrate our accounts.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Apr 27, 2017 wrote:
I Stream Daily (currently, once I get my new work schedule sometime this week I can better adjust the schedule) over on Twitch. I have a post here in the Tavern about it and how to find me. Currently, I'm the only Streamer who plays Pirate101, according to those that found me on Twitch, so it shouldn't be hard to do so. Though I did give my opinion on EverClick a couple of days ago now, sorry for the late reply. I can't post a link to my channel due to ToS Rules and Regulations, but if you follow the directions in my post you should have no problem finding me.
Thanks for replying but I meant what is this steam thing everyone one is talking about sorry just realized I typed stream instead of steam but thanks for answering I'll see if I can find your live stream

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
silver swordcoral on Apr 27, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for replying but I meant what is this steam thing everyone one is talking about sorry just realized I typed stream instead of steam but thanks for answering I'll see if I can find your live stream
Steam is a massive library for gamers with a community of its own and hundreds of games to choose from. You download it, make an account, and every game you play on Steam is linked to your Steam account so you never have to worry about logging in with separate accounts or whatnot. A lot of gamers prefer it due to the simplification I just explained and the fact you can make in-game transactions a lot easier simply by using Steam cash. A lot of big titles wind up on Steam, especially for PC gamers.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Heya all . I am partially back from my extremely long break. With school coming to a close soon, for me, I shall return in the summer. I currently have been more active on Wizard101 Central (Wizard101 has been my go to for the last half a year, so I apologize for being M.I.A), but I plan on getting into Pirate101 again.

With that being said, if Pirate101 and Wizard101 are moved onto Steam, I would personally not find it to be an as enjoyable experience. I don't want the games to become neglected and have a drop in an already dwindling player base. EverClicker may benefit from being on Steam, as the objective of the game is pretty clear and it is more suited to be on that trajectory. However, the computer games, in my opinion, would not be as adaptable to that kind of environment. Also, as personal preference, I don't really like having to operate through an online system that puts restrictions on my gaming experience. I would still support and continue to play W101 and P101, but it would hurt the games more than benefit them.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
silver swordcoral on Apr 27, 2017 wrote:
Steam is a platform that you can purchase games on, and play those games from any computer after you've logged into your account. Since you buy digital versions of the games, you can play from anywhere. There are some down sides to Steam, just like any other thing on the internet, but I quite like it.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
ElijahWaterVault on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
Heya all . I am partially back from my extremely long break. With school coming to a close soon, for me, I shall return in the summer. I currently have been more active on Wizard101 Central (Wizard101 has been my go to for the last half a year, so I apologize for being M.I.A), but I plan on getting into Pirate101 again.

With that being said, if Pirate101 and Wizard101 are moved onto Steam, I would personally not find it to be an as enjoyable experience. I don't want the games to become neglected and have a drop in an already dwindling player base. EverClicker may benefit from being on Steam, as the objective of the game is pretty clear and it is more suited to be on that trajectory. However, the computer games, in my opinion, would not be as adaptable to that kind of environment. Also, as personal preference, I don't really like having to operate through an online system that puts restrictions on my gaming experience. I would still support and continue to play W101 and P101, but it would hurt the games more than benefit them.
I fail to see the whole 'having to operate through an online system' part. Anyone who actually uses Steam knows you don't have to download the game through Steam; you can still opt to utilize the original launcher from a given game's website. Though doing so makes things far more difficult for yourself than simply using Steam, which actually simplifies everything.

Steam also has one of the largest gaming communities you can find, which gives both KI games free and unlimited publicity.

I also fail to see where 'restrictions' come into play, not once have I had any issues with Steam and their ports. If anything, I tend to have more problems with the original game launchers than Steam.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
I fail to see the whole 'having to operate through an online system' part. Anyone who actually uses Steam knows you don't have to download the game through Steam; you can still opt to utilize the original launcher from a given game's website. Though doing so makes things far more difficult for yourself than simply using Steam, which actually simplifies everything.

Steam also has one of the largest gaming communities you can find, which gives both KI games free and unlimited publicity.

I also fail to see where 'restrictions' come into play, not once have I had any issues with Steam and their ports. If anything, I tend to have more problems with the original game launchers than Steam.
If the game launcher was moved to only Steam, then yes, you would have to operate through their online system. The game would not necessarily move to just Steam, but if it were to happen, I would be unhappy.

Steam does have a large gaming community, but they're more suited to RPG type of content. The publicity would be good for Kingsisle, but I feel as if people on Steam that found W101/P101 would quickly lose interest in it.

What I meant by restrictions is that for premium access, which these games may become, you would need to pay for an account. I, by no means, would want to do such a thing.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
ElijahWaterVault on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
If the game launcher was moved to only Steam, then yes, you would have to operate through their online system. The game would not necessarily move to just Steam, but if it were to happen, I would be unhappy.

Steam does have a large gaming community, but they're more suited to RPG type of content. The publicity would be good for Kingsisle, but I feel as if people on Steam that found W101/P101 would quickly lose interest in it.

What I meant by restrictions is that for premium access, which these games may become, you would need to pay for an account. I, by no means, would want to do such a thing.
I really do feel like you haven't actually used Steam before, or been around it enough at the very least.

First off, no MMO released on Steam has had their launcher strictly integrated into Steam-only. Smite, Neverwinter, Tera, Vindictus, DCUO, etc etc all have their online launchers available to those who don't use Steam. And even if you use the launcher provided through Steam, you still have to have an account outside Steam for the game you're wishing to play (DayBreak, Hi-Rez, Nexon, etc etc). So it's not like games that are placed on Steam are only available through Steam, especially when their parent websites are still up and running.

Steam has an eclectic array of games from MMOs to RPGs to even Console-style games.

I have been using Steam for almost 5 years now, not once have I bout 'premium access' for any of the games I play. Some of which do have memberships (DCUO) which is purchased from within the game itself through your Steam Wallet (Steam's version of PayPal). I, from an Indie Game Developer's PoV, see no rhyme or reason as to why KI games would be any different. You still have to setup an account with them and memberships are still purchasable from within game or from their website (same with Crowns).

I still remain confused and fail to see any potential problems with a Steam release other than not picking up as many players as they're hoping for. The rest has never happened with any of the many Steam games I play, both new and old.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
If Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 join Everclicker as well, what will change, or will anything change? I'm really confused about what this will add.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
RRRRZZZZ419 on May 9, 2017 wrote:
If Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 join Everclicker as well, what will change, or will anything change? I'm really confused about what this will add.
It's just meant to draw in more players. Steam has a huge community of general gamers as is, especially in the PC gaming community. So if anything, it should increase the playerbase for both games while advterising the games better. Worst case scenario: they build a bad rep with their games and lose players instead. It's not a sure-fire win but it's still definitely worth the try, especially with Wizard101 at the very least since it's already so popular.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

I don't play Steam and although Rise & Destroy, AlphaCat and now EverClicker sound like great games, I probably wouldn't play them, and I don't do Steam, but I think it's a great "fly-trap" for new customers. Now, I would love for Pirate101 to go on Steam, because I am very interested in VIVE, which is powered by Steam. It's a first-of-its-kind virtual reality system developed in partnership by HTC and Valve (Steam). Designed from the ground up for room-scale VR (virtual reality), VIVE allows true-to-life interactions and immersive experiences thanks to stunning graphics, HD haptic feedback and 360˚ motion tracking. I think Pirate101 would be great on VIVE or virtual reality.

Anyway, I'm excited for KingsIsle if they put EverClicker and possibly more games on Steam, but NEVER Pirate101 if it's going to be transferred to Steam and you're not able to play it anywhere else. If that's not the case and Pirate101 will be on Steam and www.Pirate101.com, then I'm happy and excited for all Steam players.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I played Everclick for a few hours yesterday and although it's not a bad game (for a tablet/phone) it gets quite boring after a while. But I guess the same can be said for almost all mobile games.

The only really issues I have with Everclick are:

They don't explain how the games work very well when you first start. For example they don't explain that all team members contribute to DPS even if they aren't on the screen etc.

The idea that you once you do 40 levels you then lose all progress (except for Talents) and have to start over is somewhat annoying and not what I expect for a so-called RPG.

Just like the other KE mobile games, you will get very long load times. For example I tried to go to the Time Gate Event screen today and it is still trying to load after 1 hour.

The good points:

Downtime doesn't mean a pause in the game, as your team will keep fighting and gain gold etc.

The graphics are quite good.

The click response time seems to be ok.

Although there are heaps of way they try to get you to spend real money in micro-transactions, there doesn't seem be any real need to, at least for the first few stars.

Getting the first star (which again they really explain at all) for the Crowns in Pirate101 is quite easy and doesn't take that long.

Badaxe

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Logansan on May 14, 2017 wrote:
I played Everclick for a few hours yesterday and although it's not a bad game (for a tablet/phone) it gets quite boring after a while. But I guess the same can be said for almost all mobile games.

The only really issues I have with Everclick are:

They don't explain how the games work very well when you first start. For example they don't explain that all team members contribute to DPS even if they aren't on the screen etc.

The idea that you once you do 40 levels you then lose all progress (except for Talents) and have to start over is somewhat annoying and not what I expect for a so-called RPG.

Just like the other KE mobile games, you will get very long load times. For example I tried to go to the Time Gate Event screen today and it is still trying to load after 1 hour.

The good points:

Downtime doesn't mean a pause in the game, as your team will keep fighting and gain gold etc.

The graphics are quite good.

The click response time seems to be ok.

Although there are heaps of way they try to get you to spend real money in micro-transactions, there doesn't seem be any real need to, at least for the first few stars.

Getting the first star (which again they really explain at all) for the Crowns in Pirate101 is quite easy and doesn't take that long.

Badaxe
I have to agree with you about the "losing progress" thing. But personally I don't see it as an annoyance. Instead it makes me want to delete the game since I now know that all the progress I make means nothing when I'm finished with the world i'm on.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
I decided to check out the app and I must say it's pretty nice for a mobile game. The graphics and music are nice. When I first started playing, it gave this sort of 'Kid Icarus Uprising' vibe...maybe because some of the monsters and pets look like characters you'd find in KIU, and the fighting style looks similar. Overall, a pretty good game to pass the time!

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
I can't log onto Everclicker; it won't even let me get past the loading screen without saying "no Internet connection." I guess it's my Internet?

Out of Rise & Destroy and Alphacat, Alphacat is much more fun and lasts longer without getting boring. Rise & Destroy gets boring quickly. When you can't beat a level, you're pretty much out of luck. Only 4 mobile games in all time history have held my interest for a long time so no sweat KI

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
300%, A O K, SUPER!

The only beef I have is that Everclick has all these cool models they should be using for npcs in Pirates!
AND they should make a munchkin Yukiko quest in Mooshu! Help the samurai gnome or something. She's awesome!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
The game's leveling system seems broken and weak compared to other ones ive seen, ive gotten yukiko up to 400 and she is barely 1% of my dps, in other games having someone with full damage boosts and having that multiplier size would be a powerhouse, i feel like this needs to be reworked