Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Phrygian Frostlock or Swivel Gun?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
So, Phrygian Frostlock or Swivel Gun?

I really like both of them, and i'd buy them in case i'd not get the Darkmoor Deathspitter from the Armada packs

I like the Frostlock for it's visuals and the Swivel Gun for it's ability

Any ideas?

Ensign
Jan 28, 2016
Swivel gun if you use old scratch. Frostlock if not.

Swivel gun grants an ability that's stronger if spooky is boosted.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
Greaver5686 on Apr 27, 2017 wrote:

I use Scratch, but is Frostlock even worth it?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Greaver5686 on Apr 27, 2017 wrote:

Greaver5686, you said, "Swivel gun if you use old scratch. Frostlock if not." Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think weapons have to do with Companions.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Ensign
Jan 28, 2016
i'm saying that the power that comes with the swivel gun is stronger if it's boosted my old scratch. Of course, since the weapon is staffy, you have to be next to scratch to get boosted

Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
Community Leader
Don't waste your crowns on either of those weapons. There are a variety of shooty weapons dropped from the dreadnaught that can be used as a back up for your deathspitter. These dreadnaught weapons of 215-230 weapon power and offer one or more haywire shot cards.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
Matthew525011 on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
Don't waste your crowns on either of those weapons. There are a variety of shooty weapons dropped from the dreadnaught that can be used as a back up for your deathspitter. These dreadnaught weapons of 215-230 weapon power and offer one or more haywire shot cards.
I've heard a lot of horror stories about the Dreadnaught. Plus i've been thinking about taking Swivel Gun for it's ability it grants

Community Leader
I guess swivel gun would be better, but I've had relatively minimal trouble running dreadnaught, even through team up runs. The only really bad encounter I've had surrounding dread is when the sigil doesn't show up. Plus, there are a lot of guns dropped from there, so you wouldn't be spending too long farming.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Serenelle on Apr 27, 2017 wrote:
So, Phrygian Frostlock or Swivel Gun?

I really like both of them, and i'd buy them in case i'd not get the Darkmoor Deathspitter from the Armada packs

I like the Frostlock for it's visuals and the Swivel Gun for it's ability

Any ideas?
I would just keep trying the Dreadnaught or even better, more Ashes packs. The Frostlock and Swivel gun are ok for PvE, but if you ever plan to get into PvP, you would definitely need an upgrade. The Deathspitter and Nefarious Orb are the two best Musket weapons out there, in my opinion. The Nefarious Orb allows you to train Readied Spell (which is like having an extra Over Watch) and it also grants another rank of Double Tap and trust me when I say...Rank 5 Double Tap is a glorious thing lol. With the Deathspitter, you can get up to Rank 5 Over Watch which knocks back charging opponents and that is definitely a plus when facing Bucks and Bucklers or any similar NPC. Of course, with the Over Watch buff available to all Muskets, you can have Rank 5 Over Watch while still at Rank 4 and even though it would only last for 3 rounds, that is usually sufficient. That's why my weapon of choice is the Nefarious Orb and I would recommend holding out for that or the Deathspitter rather than paying for a weapon that is already obsolete.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Spiral Cowboy on May 2, 2017 wrote:
I would just keep trying the Dreadnaught or even better, more Ashes packs. The Frostlock and Swivel gun are ok for PvE, but if you ever plan to get into PvP, you would definitely need an upgrade. The Deathspitter and Nefarious Orb are the two best Musket weapons out there, in my opinion. The Nefarious Orb allows you to train Readied Spell (which is like having an extra Over Watch) and it also grants another rank of Double Tap and trust me when I say...Rank 5 Double Tap is a glorious thing lol. With the Deathspitter, you can get up to Rank 5 Over Watch which knocks back charging opponents and that is definitely a plus when facing Bucks and Bucklers or any similar NPC. Of course, with the Over Watch buff available to all Muskets, you can have Rank 5 Over Watch while still at Rank 4 and even though it would only last for 3 rounds, that is usually sufficient. That's why my weapon of choice is the Nefarious Orb and I would recommend holding out for that or the Deathspitter rather than paying for a weapon that is already obsolete.
I'd say Orb of Nefarious Death and the Haywire Thunder Rifle are probably the 2 most meta Musketeer weapons out there right now, however, I bought both guns, the Swivel Gun and the Frostlock, both any level version. The Swivel Gun's Rain of Mortarshells card is op with Old Scratch boosts. The reason I bought both of the guns at any level version is because I'm stitching them anyway to my Haywire Thunder Rifle when my Musketeer is max level. There are better weapons out there than the Swivel Gun and the Frostlock, but they are amazing weapons for the looks and for stitching. Hope this helps! :D
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver(Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver(Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp(Max Witchdoctor)