Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

any doctor who fans here?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
ryan, I watched the season ten finale (AKA the doctor falls) a couple months ago, like the night after or so it premiered, how are you getting your DW episodes?

so the harry potter books are better? alright then. since I am a total booknerd (don't judge me) this is fantastic! (ninth doctor reference there XD)

and I only saw the missy version of the master, the time the master was played in the end of time as a child, and john simm. in my opinion, I liked the simm version the best. (one of the last name choices we need added, along with tennant, matt ((as a first name if its not one already)) and smith. ooh, and clara too ((again as a first name))!)

also, is anyone excited for the next doctor?!?! I can't wait until Christmas! ugh, why can't I own a working TARDIS? XD
or why cant the professor (or the doctor XD) take me to Christmas so I can watch it!

ooh we need a quest based around "the crimson horror" or with some easter eggs to it in it. and yes yes, some classic who easter eggs too.
I'm watching it from amazon prime and last I checked it only had the first nine seasons. What I wish KI would do (add that to the list people of what you WISHKI WOULD DO) is bring the professor to these parts of the spiral.

Bold Ryan Richardson max lvl
Cruel Bark Sharp lvl 34
Gangly Diego Underhill lvl 29- in training

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
JustSomeRandomGame... on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
I'm watching it from amazon prime and last I checked it only had the first nine seasons. What I wish KI would do (add that to the list people of what you WISHKI WOULD DO) is bring the professor to these parts of the spiral.

Bold Ryan Richardson max lvl
Cruel Bark Sharp lvl 34
Gangly Diego Underhill lvl 29- in training
I completely agree, and if the professor can regenerate we can see one of his future or past versions. ooh that would be SICK! *claps hands together*

and oh, that makes sense. I imagine google play wont add twice upon a time till like a week or more after it airs.
ah so excited!

allons-y!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
my top like, 15 favorite episodes and the reasons:

(NOTE before i get yelled at by a classic who watcher, i haven't seen any of the classic episodes on account of how old they are)

15: heaven sent! such a weird episode, being trapped in his confession dial thingy for what, 3 billion years? how does that work? but it was good, thou.

14: the pandorica opens/the big bang! i mean sure, they were both good episodes, but i don't understand the enemies forming a alliance. hello? remember doomsday? i mean, some of them i understand but not the daleks and the cybermen having an alliance.

13: hmmmm...... definitely the minisode the night of the doctor! i would like more episodes or specials or whatnot with the eighth doctor.

12: world and enough time! a 400 or whatever mile spaceship, cybermen, missy and the master? what? was very good thou.

11: the doctor falls! very good, but the cliffhanger at the end made me rage (lol cause the next episode wasn't for a while)

10: the unicorn and the wasp! sure i love a episode with a giant monster (who doesn't? XD), and this one was really good but didn't make my favorite.

9: 42! can't really comment on this one, but the living sun? didn't understand that, but i did at the same time.

8: the end of time! this, in my opinion, is one of the best new episodes (this is just my opinion don't yell at me please), and SUCH a tear jerker at the end.

7: utopia! i haven't seen the sound of drums or last of the time lords yet, but when i do ill comment on those. but such a good episode as well! i like how the master says "end of the universe! have fun! bye bye!" or something along the lines of that. am i the only one who likes this episode?

6: the eleventh hour! i liked prisoner zero as a villain, really wish he could return!

5: rose! i like the autons and when the doctor met rose.

4: the parting of ways, definitely! when the doctor regenerated and became the next one, it was so good!

running out of space...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I noticed on Wizard a few places where the zig-zag crack in space/ time appeared, with light shining through it, never saw an eye peeking through it though. Might they have sneaked anything subtle like that into pirate? OOH, is that what the pink eyeball creatures are? Maybe not, but the question stands, any more subtle Who references, specifically in Pirate?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
I noticed on Wizard a few places where the zig-zag crack in space/ time appeared, with light shining through it, never saw an eye peeking through it though. Might they have sneaked anything subtle like that into pirate? OOH, is that what the pink eyeball creatures are? Maybe not, but the question stands, any more subtle Who references, specifically in Pirate?
As far as I know, there are NO Whovian references in Pirate101 But then, it would have to be pretty blatant to catch my attention.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
alright.... so I just checked and its 68 days until Christmas and a new doctor! AAHHHH so excited!
*squeals with delight*

Ensign
Aug 17, 2017
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
come on, us whovians need to unite! if any of my fellow whovians are out there, I would love to hear what episode and or doctor was your favorite, and which doctor and or episode you didn't like. I loved the tenth doctor, and my favorite episode is tied between the end of time parts one and two and the day of the doctor.
I've never heard of doctor who....

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
There is the fish sticks and custard reference in Marleybone. I think that one happended during Bonnie Anne's promotion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
There is the fish sticks and custard reference in Marleybone. I think that one happended during Bonnie Anne's promotion.
I forgot about that one... now why couldn't it have been a crate of Jelly Babies?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
I forgot about that one... now why couldn't it have been a crate of Jelly Babies?
Or run into a character who wears a leek on their lapel?

Ensign
May 02, 2011
Come to think about it, there is one reference that i found involving the season 2 episode when the 10th doctor lands on a spaceship with mickey and rose where the doctor fights of a familiar enemy
The episode revolves around evil clockwork droids in masks with black, hollow eyes and clothing worn in the 17th century and want everything to be perfectly repaired
Now who do we know in the game that is clockwork by design and wears masks and old clothing and wants everything to be perfect?
Anyone?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dibmier on Nov 2, 2017 wrote:
Come to think about it, there is one reference that i found involving the season 2 episode when the 10th doctor lands on a spaceship with mickey and rose where the doctor fights of a familiar enemy
The episode revolves around evil clockwork droids in masks with black, hollow eyes and clothing worn in the 17th century and want everything to be perfectly repaired
Now who do we know in the game that is clockwork by design and wears masks and old clothing and wants everything to be perfect?
Anyone?
Was that episode before or after Pirate's launch date?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Anyone?
Oh, wow! That's a big sort of a reference. I looked the image up on Google and... Wow! Can't believe how similar they look to the Armada!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 2, 2017 wrote:
Yes, good question.

Ensign
May 02, 2011
the episode was way before p101 released, it aired in 2006, it actually aired 2 years before wizard 101 and 6 years before pirate101.
the episode was called The Girl In The Fireplace for anyone wondering
its weird how much they look alike

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anyone?
The episode you're talking of is The Girl in Fire Place, which aired 6 May 2006.
Pirate 101 was released 15 October 2012.

The clockworks in Doctor Who are not referencing Pirate101, its the other way around. I'm sure that Blind Mew has said that those clockworks from that episode where part of the inspiration for the Armada Clockworks through.

Ensign
May 02, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 2, 2017 wrote:
Before, about 6 years before

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dibmier on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
Before, about 6 years before
Thank you for the answer,then it could possibly have had an influence. I would consider this an homage.

Ensign
May 02, 2011
CdeWinter on Nov 4, 2017 wrote:
The episode you're talking of is The Girl in Fire Place, which aired 6 May 2006.
Pirate 101 was released 15 October 2012.

The clockworks in Doctor Who are not referencing Pirate101, its the other way around. I'm sure that Blind Mew has said that those clockworks from that episode where part of the inspiration for the Armada Clockworks through.
My mistake, i actually meant that the armada was inspired by that episode of doctor who, not the other way around

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Check the What's Cooking at the Taverns entry for Dec. 17 or 18, 2017, probably gets posted the same day as this one.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Calamity Finch on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
Check the What's Cooking at the Taverns entry for Dec. 17 or 18, 2017, probably gets posted the same day as this one.
immediately as i saw that i thought it had something to do with doctor who.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
I'd like to see Baker Tom and Baker Colin appear in Marleybone. Oh! can you imagine what Baker Colin might wear?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Has anyone else noticed some familiar sounding music in The Librarians series? It usually happens when Flynn, played by Noah Wyle, is doing something heroic.

When I first heard it, I said, "Is that the Doctor's theme?!" and I thought the BBC had given/ sold permission to use the music. Listening closely to it in the season finale this week, I think they may have made just enough changes for it to sound like it, but not be a copyright violation.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed some familiar sounding music in The Librarians series? It usually happens when Flynn, played by Noah Wyle, is doing something heroic.

When I first heard it, I said, "Is that the Doctor's theme?!" and I thought the BBC had given/ sold permission to use the music. Listening closely to it in the season finale this week, I think they may have made just enough changes for it to sound like it, but not be a copyright violation.
Woot, The Librarians in the house!

Which season did you hear the music in? I know The Librarians has several seasons.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
Woot, The Librarians in the house!

Which season did you hear the music in? I know The Librarians has several seasons.
I'm not sure which episode I first heard it in, but it was in the current season that just concluded. The music was definitely in the finale, which just aired. There was another episode this season, where a bad guy trapped the younger librarians in life drawing capsules. Flynn battled the bad guy with a former librarian that time traveled. In the scene with the sword fight and electricity shooting all over, I noticed the music too.