Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you REGRET doing?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Name says it all!

It might be that one awful first forum post, or an actual ingame action! I regret buying Tricky Vinny for my Buckaneer, since i liked the concept of a Frog Pirate companion. What i DIDN'T know is that i could get the exact same companion on my higher level Buckler! *sigh* Same goes for me buying Chumba. Remember kids, think before mindlessly spending your crowns on that Witchdoctor's Grotto that you'll sell within the week then buy a better house with gold from farming present boxes! I could go on a lot about what I personally regeret, but i wanna know about you. What do you wish you never did? Trained a terrible epic on a great companion? Sold a rare piece of gear without knowing? Wished you'd spent your Crowns more wisely? Let me know!

Hardy Quinn
Regrets making that 'Quest for Blood's Gear' post and never meeting up with anecorbie...

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Angel Angle The Li... on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
Name says it all!

It might be that one awful first forum post, or an actual ingame action! I regret buying Tricky Vinny for my Buckaneer, since i liked the concept of a Frog Pirate companion. What i DIDN'T know is that i could get the exact same companion on my higher level Buckler! *sigh* Same goes for me buying Chumba. Remember kids, think before mindlessly spending your crowns on that Witchdoctor's Grotto that you'll sell within the week then buy a better house with gold from farming present boxes! I could go on a lot about what I personally regeret, but i wanna know about you. What do you wish you never did? Trained a terrible epic on a great companion? Sold a rare piece of gear without knowing? Wished you'd spent your Crowns more wisely? Let me know!

Hardy Quinn
Regrets making that 'Quest for Blood's Gear' post and never meeting up with anecorbie...
On the w101 forum, I regret posting something bad about the shadow-forged gear that was new when Khyrysilis came out. When I actually tried the gear, I couldn't get over how OP it was to be casting golems left and right while just trapping the enemy. So I was REALLY kicking my own butt.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I regret accepting every single side quest on my privateer, and never doing them. I have 28 pages of quests. With four quests per page, that equals out to 112 side quests. sigh.

And, buying El Tiburon. He was good for half a week. Now he is at the second page of companions on my witch. Sigh.

Oh yeah, lets not forget the time I deleted a character with one of my permanent mounts on it. SIGH.

Misty,70
Zoe,37

Happy B-day Pirate101!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Name says it all!

Hardy Quinn
Perfect thread, Hardy! I regret two epic decisions.

1. I regret accidentally deleting my Golden Jaguar, which I named Rajah. You can't even get a Golden Jaguar anymore - you can only get the Jaunting Jaguar! I moved him to another Pirate that I just created to pretend with him, and I deleted the Pirate (which I originally planned to do) but I deleted Rajah!
  2. I absolutely regret accidentally deleting my very own Entry Level Maximum Level Pirate, Helpful Aurora Parker! It took so long to Quest on her and I totally accidentally deleted her! (I fortunately got her back; you can read more in A Fresh Start, a thread I started.)
Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
I regret accepting every single side quest on my privateer, and never doing them. I have 28 pages of quests. With four quests per page, that equals out to 112 side quests. sigh.

And, buying El Tiburon. He was good for half a week. Now he is at the second page of companions on my witch. Sigh.

Oh yeah, lets not forget the time I deleted a character with one of my permanent mounts on it. SIGH.

Misty,70
Zoe,37

Happy B-day Pirate101!
I had the exact same experience with the latter, Misty! Haha!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2012
Buying one of those holiday frog companions and then never using it. At least he gets me nautical XP.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Name says it all!

Hardy Quinn
I regret stitching my gear to what it is now, cause I wanna change it but cant atm.

I think I had a nefarious nova blaster but sold it :(

I wish I spent my crowns not as fast.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

Misty,70
Zoe,37

Happy B-day Pirate101!
You might could get Ki support to revive your deleted character, it's worth a try.

You need to get the Beastmaster Banner and make sure El Tiburon has Relentless 2, then you will really really like him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have a list, here goes:
  • Sometimes I haven't been as nice to fellow posters as I could be. My humor can be on the sarcastic side, and I may have hurt the feelings of others.
  • I once deleted a character with a bundle companion, fortunately, it was the Cutthroat bundle, I also sold the ship & equipment that came with that bundle.
  • I have sold boss drops because I needed the space in my banks and this was before stitching. I have managed to go back and get that gear back from the bosses. Except Buck's Breeches.
  • I didn't know about promoting Bonnie Anne after defeating Captain Swig, so I was never able to farm him for his gear.
  • I regret accepting "the Pirate's Regatta" quest on my 2nd swashbuckler, musketeer & Witchdoctor, because no one wants to do that gauntlet anymore.
That's all for now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The post was : "The Quest for Captain Blood's Stuff" I case anyone wanted to read it and couldn't find it......

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
My regret in pirate101 as a player, not getting the Booche Beard Bundle for my. I waited until March 2013 to set my 1st account, that was a big miss.

I used to have a second Monica Perkins, she was a Girzzelhime raised . She got plenty of potential to be a powerful pirate, she was my 3rd character eventually I deleted her either her otherwise it's Nicole my main character. ( I guess these two girls didn't got along well) 5 years later I still feel sorry for Monica, now wondering in Darkmoor as a banshee. I hope she didn't work for Malistaire, otherwise my wizards will have to fight her as a banshee.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014

Misty,70
Zoe,37

Happy B-day Pirate101!
Oh, boy, sidequests... I have 15 pages in my quest book. Most certainly not accepting ones (apart from companion quests) on my new Musketeer. Also, on Wizard101, i remember making my first forum post... about how i noticed the Gobblers were actually eating the houses. I thought it was a nice bit of attention to detail back then, but now, i realize how unnessecary it was, and i cringe.

Hardy Quinn
Happy Birthday to Pirate101!
I have no regrets for farming your present boxes!

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Probably just what I spent my training points on. Of course there is no training point by back in pirate, it should be added though. Maybe a free buy back for all members event.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
What I mean is there is no free way ever to do it which I would suggest happening every once in a while.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
I regret leveling up my girl Swashbuckler and then deciding I kinda just wanna stick to boys. So I started my Swashbuckler all over again. I got Jill to level 41 before I decided this

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
frostednutella on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Probably just what I spent my training points on. Of course there is no training point by back in pirate, it should be added though. Maybe a free buy back for all members event.
Yes there is, you just go up to a teacher and on the bottom right of the purchasable abilities page there's a reset button, you can buy back your training points for 250 crowns.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
Yes there is, you just go up to a teacher and on the bottom right of the purchasable abilities page there's a reset button, you can buy back your training points for 250 crowns.
If you had read what I said after that post (in fact I wrote it directly after) you would have realized that I corrected it because what I had previously said could be misinterpreted. Also if it were 250 crowns I would have bought back my training points by now. It's nearly 3000 crowns. If it's gonna be that much there should really be some day that you can have a free training point buy back.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
Deleteing my first witch with hoodoo corneilus whatever thou

Also my presido companion (how parents died)

+many more
Thats it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
frostednutella on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
If you had read what I said after that post (in fact I wrote it directly after) you would have realized that I corrected it because what I had previously said could be misinterpreted. Also if it were 250 crowns I would have bought back my training points by now. It's nearly 3000 crowns. If it's gonna be that much there should really be some day that you can have a free training point buy back.
A few times, when KI made an update with a change to game mechanics ( like when VA2 was added ) they gave a free reset to Pirate & companions.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Angel Angle The Li... on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Oh, boy, sidequests... I have 15 pages in my quest book. Most certainly not accepting ones (apart from companion quests) on my new Musketeer. Also, on Wizard101, i remember making my first forum post... about how i noticed the Gobblers were actually eating the houses. I thought it was a nice bit of attention to detail back then, but now, i realize how unnessecary it was, and i cringe.

Hardy Quinn
Happy Birthday to Pirate101!
I have no regrets for farming your present boxes!
Do you regret posting about the gobblers, or regret them as a detail added to the game? It doesn't sound like a bad thing to post. I enjoy many of the small details and touches in these games, and sometimes others enjoy hearing what other people have noticed that passed them by.
I regret that my bank and pack are always so full of items, and I ought to not hold on to so much stuff.

Speaking of gobblers, seems like they ought to appear in some other places. Did they really ALL move to Wizard City? Maybe we might find a Gobbler Island someday, in Pirate, since they had to flee wherever they come from.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
jordan06203915 on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
Deleteing my first witch with hoodoo corneilus whatever thou

Also my presido companion (how parents died)

+many more
Thats it
It took me a while to realize that the way your parents die is related to the presido companion you get. Three of my characters have the same companion. :(