Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A more in-depth ship tutorial

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
As someone who started playing on the day of initial release, I remember when the tutorial included a proper rundown of broadside combat. Now it gets rushed, and with it being such a major part of the game, I think it should have decent coverage at some point.

So I thought that when you chase Ratbeard to Blood Shoals, Boochbeard and Gandry can show up, having overheard Blind Mew telling you where to go. They might realize they failed to properly explain broadside combat and offer to give you a lift saying something like "Our ship is better suited to teaching, and it would save wear and tear on that floating splinter."

So then the private dock would be the entrance to a single-player instance that serves as the ship tutorial. It could even recycle the lone Armada ship as the excuse to get into a fight. All the old tidbits would be there, including the rundown of the different kinds of damage tokens as you clear them. And when the tutorial is done, the player gets dropped off at Blood Shoals.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I agree - I think this is why so many players seem to struggle with maintaining their nautical levels.

Personally, I enjoy sinking enemy ships and farming ship bosses, but rarely do I hear anyone else make that comment.

[still no ship icon, Bat Masterson?]

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
average moe on Feb 3, 2019 wrote:
As someone who started playing on the day of initial release, I remember when the tutorial included a proper rundown of broadside combat. Now it gets rushed, and with it being such a major part of the game, I think it should have decent coverage at some point.

So I thought that when you chase Ratbeard to Blood Shoals, Boochbeard and Gandry can show up, having overheard Blind Mew telling you where to go. They might realize they failed to properly explain broadside combat and offer to give you a lift saying something like "Our ship is better suited to teaching, and it would save wear and tear on that floating splinter."

So then the private dock would be the entrance to a single-player instance that serves as the ship tutorial. It could even recycle the lone Armada ship as the excuse to get into a fight. All the old tidbits would be there, including the rundown of the different kinds of damage tokens as you clear them. And when the tutorial is done, the player gets dropped off at Blood Shoals.
I agree that a ship tutorial is necessary. I don't know why it was removed from the game introduction. Many new players don't know that you can use your mojo potion to repair ship health, or even how to use "tab" to leave the sailing station.
Lol! "floating splinter", that's a good phrase!