Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Loyal Embracing Rattler - Throwback?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I just got the Loyal Embracing Rattler which is supposed to be a Throwback Pet. On looking back in my Pets, I was unable to find a Loyal Embracing Rattler, but I did find an Embracing Rattler. Does the name change mean it is a different type of Pet or was this referring to the fact that it is a Loyal Pet? In my opinion, a Pet should not have a name change even if one of its features is present unless this is a new Pet.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
I just got the Loyal Embracing Rattler which is supposed to be a Throwback Pet. On looking back in my Pets, I was unable to find a Loyal Embracing Rattler, but I did find an Embracing Rattler. Does the name change mean it is a different type of Pet or was this referring to the fact that it is a Loyal Pet? In my opinion, a Pet should not have a name change even if one of its features is present unless this is a new Pet.
This is the same Embracing Rattler pet that was given by the Target $20 gift card when redeemed in February since 2013. Mine does indicate it is a Loyal pet, which means that it already has the Talent Loyal (Rank 3) without being trained up -- a greater chance that it will join your battles.

The Loyal benefit was given to pets that existed before the Advanced Pets update.