Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical XP Parties

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Calling all Nautical XP Party interested community leaders!

Please let me know your interest in either helping out with the next event, or even perhaps leading it :). We could also use your advice on how to set up the next one and how they've been conducted in the past, as well as how to improve upon them.

You can email community@pirate101.com if you have an extensive idea to discuss.

Goal is to kick off one sometime in July and get as many Pirates involved as possible. Going to be fun!

Thanks, Pirates!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
My first thought here is how to engage those with max-level pirates who no longer need Nautical Experience. There are currently no badges to earn from sinking ships, so what if there was a new Badge for helping lower level pirates sink ships to gain Nautical? I don't know if the game is capable of verifying pirate level when in nautical battles, but if it is, that would be my suggestion -- have new badges to collect for maxed pirates.

I think I brought the suggestion up once before, ship sinking badges outside of Ship PvP -- but there didn't appear to be much interest.

I think Badges for sinking the boss ships in the skyways, and the turrets, would be fun to collect.

[STILL no ship emoji ]

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 19, 2019 wrote:
My first thought here is how to engage those with max-level pirates who no longer need Nautical Experience. There are currently no badges to earn from sinking ships, so what if there was a new Badge for helping lower level pirates sink ships to gain Nautical? I don't know if the game is capable of verifying pirate level when in nautical battles, but if it is, that would be my suggestion -- have new badges to collect for maxed pirates.

I think I brought the suggestion up once before, ship sinking badges outside of Ship PvP -- but there didn't appear to be much interest.

I think Badges for sinking the boss ships in the skyways, and the turrets, would be fun to collect.

[STILL no ship emoji ]

Or make it a scrip event - collect a certain amount of scrip, earn a badge.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I used to host parties, somewhat frequently in game.
Usually, I would start a party based around a certain holiday, or seasonal event, such as the Winter Holidays, Start of Summer, or end of Summer.

More recently, I've stopped holding as many parties, mostly because attendance numbers started to die off. People just didn't seem interested in parties of any kind anymore. That might change, with a wee bit of help from KI. Say, a couple of guest appearances by a certain bat like lawman?

One small idea, is maybe providing a limited time potion that would boost nautical XP or Scrip drop during the party? The potion would only be available during the party from a special vendor? Hosting the next nautical xp party on KI Live would get people interested, as well, it would at least help to get more player's attention.

One of the biggest issues that I found with hosting parties, was the fact that so few players still have memberships. It seemed that there was interest, but many players who attended the parties, weren't able to leave Skull Island. Unfortunately, in terms of parties and especially Nautical XP parties, there isn't much to do on Skull Island. Players get more XP from the stronger ships and ship bosses located in worlds other than Skull Island.
Would there be any way to temporarily allow players to join a Nautical XP party, on a different world, even if they don't have membership or have bought the area with crowns? It would be a good way of showing off the later worlds to newer players, giving them a small taste of areas they've haven't seen, and maybe....even get them at least thinking about buying memberships or crowns.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:
I used to host parties, somewhat frequently in game.
Usually, I would start a party based around a certain holiday, or seasonal event, such as the Winter Holidays, Start of Summer, or end of Summer.

More recently, I've stopped holding as many parties, mostly because attendance numbers started to die off. People just didn't seem interested in parties of any kind anymore. That might change, with a wee bit of help from KI. Say, a couple of guest appearances by a certain bat like lawman?

One small idea, is maybe providing a limited time potion that would boost nautical XP or Scrip drop during the party? The potion would only be available during the party from a special vendor? Hosting the next nautical xp party on KI Live would get people interested, as well, it would at least help to get more player's attention.

One of the biggest issues that I found with hosting parties, was the fact that so few players still have memberships. It seemed that there was interest, but many players who attended the parties, weren't able to leave Skull Island. Unfortunately, in terms of parties and especially Nautical XP parties, there isn't much to do on Skull Island. Players get more XP from the stronger ships and ship bosses located in worlds other than Skull Island.
Would there be any way to temporarily allow players to join a Nautical XP party, on a different world, even if they don't have membership or have bought the area with crowns? It would be a good way of showing off the later worlds to newer players, giving them a small taste of areas they've haven't seen, and maybe....even get them at least thinking about buying memberships or crowns.
If there aren't enough high-ranked ships to fight; like the scout ships of the Dreadnought, then why not have boss turrets show up the way that happened when KI was testing a new system? Remember One Eyed Jack hosted this event?
If Bat could be on board for this, he could ask Tom how it was run.

Administrator
anecorbie on Jun 24, 2019 wrote:
If there aren't enough high-ranked ships to fight; like the scout ships of the Dreadnought, then why not have boss turrets show up the way that happened when KI was testing a new system? Remember One Eyed Jack hosted this event?
I could probably turn on some things temporarily, I don't see that as being a problem. Just let me know what's 'reasonable' and then I can confirm.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jun 24, 2019 wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean? Fighting boss turrets how? I mean, I'd love to fight boss turrets, but how did this happen?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Bat Masterson on Jun 26, 2019 wrote:
I could probably turn on some things temporarily, I don't see that as being a problem. Just let me know what's 'reasonable' and then I can confirm.
Yes, getting some more high level mobs in the area would work quite well.

But, I also think maybe a temporary XP or Scrip boost would also be nice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jun 26, 2019 wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean? Fighting boss turrets how? I mean, I'd love to fight boss turrets, but how did this happen?
About a year ago or a bit more, KI was testing a new system to see if it could handle a lot of numbers in an activity ( I believe ). We had a temporary test realm and One Eyed Jack had Boss Turrets popping up all over SI skyway, I think it was also a KI Live, so maybe you can check You-Tube to see it.

Administrator
It's been awhile since we ran one of these. Let's get another one together shall we! Anyone interested in leading the charge?

Ensign
Dec 23, 2011
Bat Masterson on Jan 22, 2020 wrote:
It's been awhile since we ran one of these. Let's get another one together shall we! Anyone interested in leading the charge?
Yes! Me, Bat Masterson, a level 70 Privateer (Peachy Mark Noble) will lead the charge! I haven't done one of these in a while myself. I would love to do it!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
While it's nice of you to think of doing an event, I don't really think a Nautical Experience party is needed so much after everyone jumped up 20 levels with the recent update.

Sorry, Bat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Jan 23, 2020 wrote:
While it's nice of you to think of doing an event, I don't really think a Nautical Experience party is needed so much after everyone jumped up 20 levels with the recent update.

Sorry, Bat.

This post was before the FTUD. Nautical experience parties may no longer be needed but some may want to get scrip. Sinking ships for scrip is also a good reason for nautical parties!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 23, 2020 wrote:
This post was before the FTUD. Nautical experience parties may no longer be needed but some may want to get scrip. Sinking ships for scrip is also a good reason for nautical parties!
While the OP was from a while ago, Bat's bump to the thread was not. A Scrip party is slightly different from a Nautical XP party, in my opinion. Scrip can be earned pretty quickly in Westminster Skyway from the Cutthroat Ships, while nautical xp depends heavily on the pirate's level. Perhaps a new thread with a new name?

I guess it still rankles me a bit that most of my pirates have been robbed of the pleasure of leveling up their nautical in the usual way, as they were suddenly maxed by the update. Unlike the majority of players out there, I enjoy battling and sinking enemy ships. Adding badges and other rewards for keeping nautical level up would definitely have been a better fix in my opinion than a blanket reduction in experience required.

Just another way that long-term players are affected a lot differently than newer players.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I honestly have not had a good reason to play this in a while. Whatever we'd be doing, I would LOVE to have a good excuse to blow up some boats again.

I might try to join whatever the others are doing, is what I'm saying.

Administrator
Hey Pirates! I'm coordinating with another Pirate YouTube on the next Nautical XP Party. Going to be an interesting one as we livestream it. Standby!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on May 13, 2020 wrote:
Hey Pirates! I'm coordinating with another Pirate YouTube on the next Nautical XP Party. Going to be an interesting one as we livestream it. Standby!
When will it be?

Administrator
Lookit Light on May 13, 2020 wrote:
When will it be?
We were thinking possibly next week, if that's enough time for you all to prepare? :)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on May 14, 2020 wrote:
We were thinking possibly next week, if that's enough time for you all to prepare? :)
Could be! I'll try to hop in!

Administrator
Administrator
With the success of the community's #RevivePirate101 event, we want to continue participating in in-game events with you!

How about we restart these Nautical XP Parties? I'm in contact with a couple of Pirate101 fansites on this potential. How does a monthly event sound?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Feb 9, 2021 wrote:
With the success of the community's #RevivePirate101 event, we want to continue participating in in-game events with you!

How about we restart these Nautical XP Parties? I'm in contact with a couple of Pirate101 fansites on this potential. How does a monthly event sound?
Why, YES.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Considering that this game is likely to be experiencing a revival, I feel that community engagement through these nautical XP parties is something special that would help draw players back. Is it possible that another event like this will be hosted someday?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on Feb 2, 2022 wrote:
Considering that this game is likely to be experiencing a revival, I feel that community engagement through these nautical XP parties is something special that would help draw players back. Is it possible that another event like this will be hosted someday?
Still wondering if this is a possibility. Nautical XP Parties would be a great way to encourage community interaction while we're waiting for this year's return to regular updates.