Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Call for Minor Story Updates!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
I know, KI has said that they aren't going to release anymore big updates (specifying storyline additions). I've seen a lot of people suggest other ideas for future updates, and I agree with most of them. But what I want most is really justs minor story updates. In a previous producer's letter, KI said that they would work on story updates in "bite-sized chunks," and I kind of wish we could see more of that. I liked the Party Barge update, since it offered something more than a few new bosses, or a turrent, or a few mounts and bets. If anything, ANY storyline would be great! I took a look at Wizard's new update, and I was really impressed. It wasn't a world update, but it was still cool, even for a minor story update. Can we get some over here too? It doesn't have to be as big as a full-on storyline addition, but even a new quest or two would be a lot more exciting than broken bosses. I'd like to explore more of the previous storyline, like Rajah and Marleybone, or our mother's diaries, or maybe reintroducing the prawns. I ended my membership a week ago, so this may be my last post on these forums for several months (I'm only able to post because of a crowns payment I made a few days after I got my membership). Please let me know your opinions!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheyMayBeBears on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
I know, KI has said that they aren't going to release anymore big updates (specifying storyline additions). I've seen a lot of people suggest other ideas for future updates, and I agree with most of them. But what I want most is really justs minor story updates. In a previous producer's letter, KI said that they would work on story updates in "bite-sized chunks," and I kind of wish we could see more of that. I liked the Party Barge update, since it offered something more than a few new bosses, or a turrent, or a few mounts and bets. If anything, ANY storyline would be great! I took a look at Wizard's new update, and I was really impressed. It wasn't a world update, but it was still cool, even for a minor story update. Can we get some over here too? It doesn't have to be as big as a full-on storyline addition, but even a new quest or two would be a lot more exciting than broken bosses. I'd like to explore more of the previous storyline, like Rajah and Marleybone, or our mother's diaries, or maybe reintroducing the prawns. I ended my membership a week ago, so this may be my last post on these forums for several months (I'm only able to post because of a crowns payment I made a few days after I got my membership). Please let me know your opinions!
"Yar to infinity" for this idea, and if those mini-quests included extra levels & companions it would be great!
Why not explore some of our pirate's origins? ( I'm not asking for new worlds like Krok or Griz ) but maybe our foster parents could come to SI and ask for our help, and we go to any of the previous worlds in the game.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
TheyMayBeBears on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
Yes, they said no major storyline updates.

It would be nice... I love this game and don't want it to die.

They could probably add several storyline updates in small chunks, busying the maxes until the new update.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
I agree so much with this, it would definitely help increase player interest and those who just want to learn more about this wonderful world around us. Even if it's just companion promotion quests I would totally be on board especially since people have found there are plenty of unused promotions for various companions such as monkey king and the kraken skulls companions.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
"Yar to infinity" for this idea, and if those mini-quests included extra levels & companions it would be great!
Why not explore some of our pirate's origins? ( I'm not asking for new worlds like Krok or Griz ) but maybe our foster parents could come to SI and ask for our help, and we go to any of the previous worlds in the game.
Yes, yar to infinity, and beyond!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I desire a small side-world like Grizzleheim over here... Point of fact, I actually asked KI about that on Kingsisle Live a couple months back, and they said Krokotopia would be good. So why not that?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
Yes, foster parents!

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
Bob is still out there, I think we should get some side missions involving him, maybe even a fight against him. people found he has attack animations and everything so it would be pretty cool.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Nov 2, 2019 wrote:
I desire a small side-world like Grizzleheim over here... Point of fact, I actually asked KI about that on Kingsisle Live a couple months back, and they said Krokotopia would be good. So why not that?
If we're not getting a story up date how can we get a new world? My idea was to reduce the work needed.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
I really think they should add in a monkey king promotion quest or something if they do add in more minor story quests cause he needs a proper redemption like ratbeard.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
AntonioXavier1773 on Nov 11, 2019 wrote:
I really think they should add in a monkey king promotion quest or something if they do add in more minor story quests cause he needs a proper redemption like ratbeard.
I agree - Monkey King could have a very interesting quest, considering his story. He's got to have many, many amends to make in the Spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 12, 2019 wrote:
I agree - Monkey King could have a very interesting quest, considering his story. He's got to have many, many amends to make in the Spiral.

Plus, We could be in trouble - we're the ones to help him escape!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Nov 12, 2019 wrote:
Plus, We could be in trouble - we're the ones to help him escape!
Oho, yes! According to Monkey King himself, the Celestial Ministers are as stubborn and resolute as... I don't know. I can only imagine their frustration with us.

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
anecorbie on Nov 7, 2019 wrote:
If we're not getting a story up date how can we get a new world? My idea was to reduce the work needed.
I agree. I was thinking more of using the same worlds and locations, just adding new content and story. I guess I didn't state that in the beginning, which may have been a source of confusion.

I love the ideas for Monkey King, because he's such an interesting character. It's a shame we don't get to see more of his character. Plus, him as a companion is completely underestimated. Most of us max levels wouldn't use him because he lacks any special talents, other than a riposte. I expect a lot from him in order to size up to the rest of my crewmates.

Anyone else notice why Gracie Conrad and Catbeard don't have a story promotion after their level 70 promotion? I would like to see how Gracie becomes a senior engineer. Isn't her sister in Celestia? I'd like to take a look into that. And what about Catbeard? Are we just done with his story after we save his tail from the Royal Navy? I want to see his old life, what his crew looked like, and more of his story! He has a lot of amends to make up for after starting a deadly war between to superpowers, like Money King and Ratbeard. Also, I want to see if Shiruku Neko can get a promotion, especially if it has some story to it. We were able to make it to Marleybone, her birthplace. What will she want to do there? Would she want to find her parents?

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
AntonioXavier1773 on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
I agree so much with this, it would definitely help increase player interest and those who just want to learn more about this wonderful world around us. Even if it's just companion promotion quests I would totally be on board especially since people have found there are plenty of unused promotions for various companions such as monkey king and the kraken skulls companions.
I'm pretty sure that the Kraken Skulls companions were supposed to be promoted during Valencia pt. 2. Doesn't Hawkules have several unused promotions? It would be really fun to go back to Aquila and help him finish off his Trials (if he hasn't already). We could also use him to help investigate the appearance of the Shades. Oh, but those wouldn't really be useful unless he gets more levels available to him. I've got him as a lv. 72 and a lv. 71, so that really wouldn't make sense if he had two promotions the second you get him.

They already have the art. Why not add the story? As an author myself, I find this more than enough of a boost to get me going!

Ensign
Feb 02, 2019
KI could base a small quest based off Bonnie Anne's origins. It'll probably just be back track to mooshu, so no need for a new world. I remember in Mooshu, I think on Raven Island (correct me if I'm wrong) , Bonnie Anne says she's felt like she's been there before. It would be a funny plot twist to find out some of Anne's family originates from Mooshu, and they just migrated from Mooshu to Marleybone to escape from some sort of oppression. She could have a long lost family member in which she discovers in Mooshu as some cool warrior/ninja (it's a fox, of course or I hope, lol :p) . We could even add another plot twist, in which we do some favors for her family member, but we don't know it's him yet and he reveals the truth at the end. I would imagine Bonnie Anne's Mooshu relative to be cunning, clever, and mischivous (somewhat like monkey King). He could give us one task where he says all we have to do is defeat 500 enemies, but stops us at like 20 and says he was just joking. (It would a reference to all the painful collect missions back in Wiz... Cough... Cough... Zafaria) Anyways, hope KI will consider, or even read.

Faith Templeton

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RasberryBerret on Dec 10, 2019 wrote:
KI could base a small quest based off Bonnie Anne's origins. It'll probably just be back track to mooshu, so no need for a new world. I remember in Mooshu, I think on Raven Island (correct me if I'm wrong) , Bonnie Anne says she's felt like she's been there before. It would be a funny plot twist to find out some of Anne's family originates from Mooshu, and they just migrated from Mooshu to Marleybone to escape from some sort of oppression. She could have a long lost family member in which she discovers in Mooshu as some cool warrior/ninja (it's a fox, of course or I hope, lol :p) . We could even add another plot twist, in which we do some favors for her family member, but we don't know it's him yet and he reveals the truth at the end. I would imagine Bonnie Anne's Mooshu relative to be cunning, clever, and mischivous (somewhat like monkey King). He could give us one task where he says all we have to do is defeat 500 enemies, but stops us at like 20 and says he was just joking. (It would a reference to all the painful collect missions back in Wiz... Cough... Cough... Zafaria) Anyways, hope KI will consider, or even read.

Faith Templeton
Welcome to the message boards, Faith Templeton! ( Nice name )

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
The Marleybone radicals can't be to happy that we destroyed there plans and all there great leaders? Only a matter of time before they regroup with vengeance and payback on there minds? Just a thought?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Sensible Seamus on Dec 12, 2019 wrote:
The Marleybone radicals can't be to happy that we destroyed there plans and all there great leaders? Only a matter of time before they regroup with vengeance and payback on there minds? Just a thought?
Aye! Marleybone is probably trying to breathe a sigh of relief after we destroyed Kane... until the Radicals start choking them, that is.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2019
anecorbie on Dec 12, 2019 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, Faith Templeton! ( Nice name )
Thanks! Happy to join the community and support it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
They could release the trainer's quests to the ones who don't get them:

Witchdoctors don't get "Wake the Dead" from Madame Vadima. Swashbucklers don't get that book quest from Morgan LeFitte, buccaneers don't get "The Hat Trick" from Mordekai, Musketeers don't get "The Peace Maker" from Ol' Fish Eye & Privateers don't get "Band of the Hand" from the Commodore.

These quests reward training tomes for companions, it would also be a nice treat if these quests could reward an extra training point!
I'm sure many players would appreciate this.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The issue isn't that KI is suffering from writer's block or there are no new ideas for Pirate. While it is fairly well known that Pirate101 has much scrapped content, even with the art, coding, voiceover, combat design, animations, etc would all need to be done as well. Those jobs require people, and people require payment. And, based on Kingsisle making a large push for Wizard101 and mobile games, it's incredibly unlikely Pirate101 will get a slice of the budget within the next 2 or 3 years.

While I personally would be ecstatic about fighing a t-posing low-poly Queen model with a text-to-speech voiceover, I doubt that would go over well with others.